• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HEA Viewing options

DLorBust

Earning My Ears
We will be there after Thanksgiving, but between our short stay and the Christmas parties we only have one night to see HEA. What are the chances of a FP viewing section or dining package with reserved viewing area being introduced? Thanks!

We will be there after Thanksgiving, but between our short stay and the Christmas parties we only have one night to see HEA. What are the chances of a FP viewing section or dining package with reserved viewing area being introduced? Thanks!

FP, very unlikely.
Dining Pkg., very unlikely.

Dessert Party, likely.

And if you want the terrace view dessert party book ASAP. We're going in Sept and only plaza viewing is avail :(

DH only wants terrace or he'll "grab a spot on the go" o_O

From everything that I've read, the plaza has the better view, more straight on. Whereas the terrace view is more from an angle. From what I gather, the plaza view is even more desirable with the new show. Again, this is just from I've seen on the boards, I haven't seen it myself. I've been researching it like crazy. I had a terrace view reserved but then, from what I was seeing, people were kind of disappointed with the view, so I cancelled it. I'm holding out for a plaza view.

are Terrace/plaza places you have to reserve or first come first served?

DH only wants terrace or he'll "grab a spot on the go" o_O

You should try to talk to him about the Plaza garden view.. we just watched the new fireworks from the Terrace Dessert Party and our view was extremely obstructed by trees and light poles. We could only see the projections at the very top of the castle and if we moved further down into the Terrace (closer to Tomorrowland) the view was even worse because you only see the side of the castle. We honestly missed so many of the projections that we were completely lost on the story.

We watched the show two nights later from the garden in front of Casey's and the view was amazing! We were able to see all of the character projections and special effects on the castle and it really brought the whole story together. We've watched Wishes from the Terrace for years, but we've decided we will only book Plaza Garden from now on. It's cheaper, same desserts, and MUCH better view.pixiedust:

From everything that I've read, the plaza has the better view, more straight on. Whereas the terrace view is more from an angle. From what I gather, the plaza view is even more desirable with the new show. Again, this is just from I've seen on the boards, I haven't seen it myself. I've been researching it like crazy. I had a terrace view reserved but then, from what I was seeing, people were kind of disappointed with the view, so I cancelled it. I'm holding out for a plaza view.

I saw someone posted a problem when they were in the reserved area someone tall stood in front of them and was also by loud disruptive people - with the terrace that won't be an issue with the plaza view it may be. I would take my chances and try and find a spot than spend money on a dessert party and have the same aggravation or block you and have no control over that?

are Terrace/plaza places you have to reserve or first come first served?

Both must be reserved.

I saw someone posted a problem when they were in the reserved area someone tall stood in front of them and was also by loud disruptive people - with the terrace that won't be an issue with the plaza view it may be. I would take my chances and try and find a spot than spend money on a dessert party and have the same aggravation or block you and have no control over that?

What makes you think you won't have the same issue at the terrace? From what I understand, and the photos I've seen, people stand along the edge of the terrace. The sooner you get to the edge, the better your view. Like I said, I've never done either one, just going off of what I've read. And the viewing area for "the plaza" is a reserved spot only for the dessert guests, so the poster who had someone tall stand in front of them was standing behind somebody from the dessert party.

BTW, I'm not trying to argue, I'm just wondering why you would think that. Of course, you can have a bad experience anywhere you go and, either way, I like the thought of having a reserved spot. Just, from everything I've read, people seem to prefer the plaza view over the terrace view.

Both must be reserved.

What makes you think you won't have the same issue at the terrace? From what I understand, and the photos I've seen, people stand along the edge of the terrace. The sooner you get to the edge, the better your view. Like I said, I've never done either one, just going off of what I've read. And the viewing area for "the plaza" is a reserved spot only for the dessert guests, so the poster who had someone tall stand in front of them was standing behind somebody from the dessert party.

BTW, I'm not trying to argue, I'm just wondering why you would think that. Of course, you can have a bad experience anywhere you go and, either way, I like the thought of having a reserved spot. Just, from everything I've read, people seem to prefer the plaza view over the terrace view.

From what I recall of the terrace you can't block the view of someone sitting there and against the railing on the terrace side as it's elevated. It's been a few years though. And I get anyone can have a bad experience - but I don't want to spend hundreds more to potentially have the same bad experience for free on the other side of the reserved area. :)

I have done the garden view 2X and loved it, I am short and had no problems seeing both time ( one time I sat the whole time)

here is a thread on both of then very good review,

you can see from his pictures that the plaza garden view you can see most of the castle and from the terrest the tree block half of it and since the show on the castle is a big part of the show this make that much less desirable ( or at lest for me)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...a-garden-viewing.3604693/page-4#post-57605946

will be doing the garden view new years and again for my Bday would not do the terraces view as there is really only 2 or 3 tables that had a good view and if you do not get one of them then your view really ( to me) is not good and way pay that much money for an ok view when I know I can get a really good view with the other one.

FWIW, the Terrace version isn't the same setup as it was years ago when there were multiple 'layers' of tables and yes, folks from tables further back would creep up to the rail once the firworks started. Now - with maybe one or two exceptions - each table is against the rail, there's noone that will come forward and block your view. Your view from your chair is your view.

Couple of photos to help explain....

This is the Terrace version a few weeks ago, the second night of HEA. Not sure what capacity is with this setup but it can't be much at all.
IMG_0253.JPG

An example of the view from one of the tables, far right side of the Terrace. This would be an OK but not great view for HEA projections, in my opinion.
File May 15, 11 48 37 PM.jpeg

This was technically Wishes but an example of how the main fireworks are off-center from the Terrace version. My table to the far right exaggerated it being off-center, a table more to the left would have been marginally better.
File May 15, 11 48 04 PM.jpeg

Hope that helps!

FWIW, the Terrace version isn't the same setup as it was years ago when there were multiple 'layers' of tables and yes, folks from tables further back would creep up to the rail once the firworks started. Now - with maybe one or two exceptions - each table is against the rail, there's noone that will come forward and block your view. Your view from your chair is your view.

I think your point is important to emphasize. In the past, you could move along the railing to get a better view. As PP pointed out, now once you pick your table that is pretty much the only view you can get along the railing unless you invade someone else's table space. It is a better set-up now that you don't have people standing at the railing, but not so good if you check in after all the tables along the railing have been taken. Last week there were 4-5 tables not directly against the railing.

If first choice of an unobstructed view along the railing is important to those doing the Terrace view, make sure you are lined up to check in before the check-in time.

Below are two images from HEA last week taken during similar points of the show. The first is from our table against the railing at the terrace dessert party and the second from our spot in the garden in front of Casey's. These were taken with my iPhone so forgive the poor picture quality.

RenderedContent-4E8A4759-04B9-415E-AE1D-ED92C7424B28.JPG

RenderedContent-CB5A71D2-0FD0-40AF-8CA3-EE0D79526A07.JPG

I think your point is important to emphasize. In the past, you could move along the railing to get a better view. As PP pointed out, now once you pick your table that is pretty much the only view you can get along the railing unless you invade someone else's table space. It is a better set-up now that you don't have people standing at the railing, but not so good if you check in after all the tables along the railing have been taken. Last week there were 4-5 tables not directly against the railing.

If first choice of an unobstructed view along the railing is important to those doing the Terrace view, make sure you are lined up to check in before the check-in time.

Below are two images from HEA last week taken during similar points of the show. The first is from our table against the railing at the terrace dessert party and the second from our spot in the garden in front of Casey's. These were taken with my iPhone so forgive the poor picture quality.

View attachment 241293

View attachment 241294

Excellent points. (And nice pic comparisons too!)

Here's a pic from back in early April which show a couple of the non-rail tables. These were all the way on the right side (if loooking at the castle). They seemed to be loading tables left to right - I had arrived relatively late... 8:40ish I think... and my table was nearly all the way to the right.
File May 15, 11 47 20 PM.jpeg

View attachment 241293

View attachment 241294

Wow! Yikes I am glad I have the plaza view party booked for late september. I think as time goes on we are going to see more and more who prefer it judging by that view. Thanks for the comparison!

We are booking plaza garden dessert party for November. When I called late last week, CM said it isn't open for bookings yet beyond September. I see the dates in the system, but everything indicated it was booked. The CM said October will open soon and November will be open in about a month. So- If you're trying to book november, don't get too discouraged by it not currently showing available.

Where do you go to book these dessert parties? Is it the same place you make normal dining reservations or somewhere else? Also are these available at 180 days out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter