HEA Dessert Party

Our family did not like the view from the terrace seating area, there are trees that block the bottom part of the castle and you miss a lot of the projection show. Great if you only care about the fireworks.
That was a one and done for us, however it was the only option available back then. I believe the following year they started having the reserved space on the grass and we've never looked back. When we were going much more frequently we would try to ride Big Thunder during the show, and that was ahhhhhhh may zing! If we are unable to get the party this time, we may do that again, or plan another way not to be crowded with 10,000 of our new family and friends, lol!

I set my alarm to make sure I don't miss it, and I check every single day and refresh from 6:55 on. I think (especially that first week or so) that these parties are going to be like the NYE parties. Booked within minutes!
But these release at midnight…right?

I don't believe so. Someone please pipe in!
@trishadono @GADisneyDad14 ?
TIA
They fall under the enchanting extras, which do release at midnight, and the last time I got one back in September for our November trip that was canceled. I got it at 9 PM California time so midnight Eastern standard time.
But I’m not sure if it was just that time and I got lucky or if it’s normally 6 AM?

IMO, I feel like we can’t really rely on when the booking window for enchanting extras sometimes open (like midnight) now that we’re so past the time when many of them would’ve been bookable. Seems like they could drop the first half of April dates whenever now, right?

IMO, I feel like we can’t really rely on when the booking window for enchanting extras sometimes open (like midnight) now that we’re so past the time when many of them would’ve been bookable. Seems like they could drop the first half of April dates whenever now, right?
You’re probably right really!

Is there anyway to get an alert set for when the reservation opens? I use a 3rd party sight for alerts but since this isn't "Enchantment 50th dessert party" will it still alert me?

Is there anyway to get an alert set for when the reservation opens? I use a 3rd party sight for alerts but since this isn't "Enchantment 50th dessert party" will it still alert me?
I’ve wondered the same but I have my alerts set up for it anyway….

Hopefully when they DO finally announce when they will go on sale, then either those alerts will magically switch over or I’ll go in and delete them and add the new one.

I’ve wondered the same but I have my alerts set up for it anyway….

Hopefully when they DO finally announce when they will go on sale, then either those alerts will magically switch over or I’ll go in and delete them and add the new
I been told alerts won't work as it technically doesn't exist yet, it needs to change on Disney site first before you can create one. These will just be dropped randomly everyone completely stuck in limbo.

That was a one and done for us, however it was the only option available back then. I believe the following year they started having the reserved space on the grass and we've never looked back. When we were going much more frequently we would try to ride Big Thunder during the show, and that was ahhhhhhh may zing! If we are unable to get the party this time, we may do that again, or plan another way not to be crowded with 10,000 of our new family and friends, lol!
Yeah, I am also not a big fan of the desert party because it it so overpriced. But, this is for my DDs graduation and she wanted to try it again, so we have a reservation in March for the party and grass area viewing.

I'm thinking they had to get everything in place for the 100th, and I'll bet they will be coming out close to March 1. Maybe a bit earlier, however. Just my humble opinion. I'm looking constantly, but I'm thinking next week.

Yeah, I am also not a big fan of the desert party because it it so overpriced. But, this is for my DDs graduation and she wanted to try it again, so we have a reservation in March for the party and grass area viewing.
When I said that about one and done, it was before they had lawn seating. Once the lawn opened up, we became believers! Sometimes they have a photopass photographer there, so that's even better! I'm really not paying for the Desserts and we don't drink "adult beverages" anymore, lol, so the party part is definitely not worth it. We ARE however happy to pay for the real estate! Not jammed in. A comfortable place to sit prior to the show. Location. Location. Location. Lol!

When I said that about one and done, it was before they had lawn seating. Once the lawn opened up, we became believers! Sometimes they have a photopass photographer there, so that's even better! I'm really not paying for the Desserts and we don't drink "adult beverages" anymore, lol, so the party part is definitely not worth it. We ARE however happy to pay for the real estate! Not jammed in. A comfortable place to sit prior to the show. Location. Location. Location. Lol!
Can you explain how the lawn seating is/works? My SiL and I are both short and we’re concerned about being able to see if we’re surrounded by tall people or kids on shoulders. Thanks

Can you explain how the lawn seating is/works? My SiL and I are both short and we’re concerned about being able to see if we’re surrounded by tall people or kids on shoulders. Thanks

I have not done it since before Covid, but the grassy area in front of the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor is where you go. Depending on if you book the before version or after version the CM will let you in and you can sit but everyone stands up when the show starts.

Personally I like standing in the back left at the fence. My partner is 5'2" and had no trouble seeing the projections from that vantage point, even with everyone standing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter