• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HD Galapagos on PBS- so jealous!

kristilew

DIS Veteran
Watching the HD Galapagos special on public television this afternoon. Breathtaking! Amazing! I was hitting dh with the sofa pillows that we didn't book this one! We are so going in 2010.

All you 2009 ABD Galapagos goers - I'm sooooo jealous!

I am not sure it if is the same show, but we saw a program not too long ago that was the clincher for us. The scenery was amazing and seeing the people being able to get so close to the widelife - WOW!
DS (who will be 11) and I are booked for the July 28th trip. He is an animal nut, and absolutely can't wait!

Leslie

I'm sure it's not sold out. We just made the choice to do Southwest Splendors this year while we save up for Galapagos the next year. It's hard to be a responsible adult sometimes, sigh.

We didn't usa ABD, obviously, but we went to the Galapagos and Quito over Christmas. It is everything promised and more. We had an AMAZING time, and I'm super jealous of those of you who get to go with the Disney touch.

If anyone wants pics, let me know, I'll send you our link!

Hi Kristilew! Hope you are having a GREAT summer. We are thinking about Galpagos in 09. Joe's mom really wants us to go. We are just trying to figure out if his parent's (mid 70s) can handle it.

Hey, Tink! Summer has been great, of course Peru was the highlight! We're still reliving it with the pictures every day - and boring the heck out of everyone we talk to!

I would think it very important for you to research the Galapagos trip. Your duty, really. ;)

Tink: Are your in-laws physically fit? Do they exercise regularly? My in-laws who travel extensively and walk daily took one look at the galapagos itinerary and said "no way!" They thought it had too much walking and swimming involved. Do your research and talk with your in-laws to see what they think they can handle. Long-story-short, my in-laws won't be joining us for this vacation.

I did the Galapagos portion - the exact trip with the same itinerary on the same boat with Abercrombie and Kent. It was amazing. Words can not describe teh natural beauty and fearlessness of the creatures that inhabitit these amazing islands.

We loved it but a few bits of advice. Quito is VERY, VERY high altitude. DS - who was 5 at the time - got very bad altitude sickness, both arriving in Quito and going back to Quito on return trip. We were limited in what we could do there because of it. I got food poisoning on the return portion of the trip - you need to be very careful what you eat and drink, even in an American style hotel. (I have travelled all over the world and this is the first time I have ever had it!)

There is a lot of difficult hiking. The trails are primarily volcanic rock which is either sharp and/or slippery. You need to get to the islands by jumping off a panga and hopping back on to a panga (rubber raft). This is fun - but not super easy if you are not mobile.

It is an amazing trip and I would love to do it again with Disney. We also loved the people - very friendly and proud of their country.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter