Hawaiian Airlines food

Anna Chassereau

DIS Veteran
I have a nit picky question lol We’re flying nonstop on Hawaiian from Orlando to Honolulu...I just looked at the menu for this route and what they are serving for both meals on our flight I know my 10 year old picky son will not eat. And I won’t eat one of them bc it’s eggplant pasta...literally eggplant is like the one and only food I refuse to eat. How often does the pau Hana cart come around does anyone know? I looked at what they have and I think we will be ok with several of their cheese/snack box options but just curious if this cart comes by several times during an almost 10 hour flight? I hope so but you never know.
Our flight leaves super early and I’m worried about getting food at the airport before hand so trying to plan ahead.

Another option is to buy pre-made sandwiches/food the night before from Publix and pack in soft side cooler. Then get ice after security to keep it cool for whole flight.

Another option is to buy pre-made sandwiches/food the night before from Publix and pack in soft side cooler. Then get ice after security to keep it cool for whole flight.
Yes, we always take food on long flights just in case. I’ve been on flights where they ran out of food before they got to the back of the plane and even when the catering cart didn’t get loaded at all so they literally just had pretzels. Always a good idea to have a backup, even if you end up tossing it.

You can also take a frozen water bottle in the cooler. As long as it has no liquid in the bottle, the frozen bottle can go through. We do give TSA a heads up that the frozen bottle is in the cooler and we've never had a problem.

I second the bringing your own food. I don't know about the cart, we flew first class, but we always bring food on regardless because you never know with hearing those horror stories of people stuck on the planes for hours.

Bring some uncrustables, protein bars, nuts, frozen yogurt or protein shakes, etc. Fully frozen stuff can go through TSA checkpoints, so I always bring frozen yogurts and Fairlife Core Power shakes on long plane trips. The Fairlife, in particular, are shelf stable so if I don't end up drinking it on the plane, I have it for later in the trip.

My kids are picky eaters and for years we have packed lunches for cross country flights with an uncrustable, a frozen yogurt container, some fruit, and some snacks like crackers and string cheese or frozen GoGo squeeze pouches. My kids wouldn't touch airplane food either, so we always make sure we are prepared. They carry the same lunch bags they take to school onto the plane in their backpacks. TSA has never even asked us to open them.

I have a nit picky question lol We’re flying nonstop on Hawaiian from Orlando to Honolulu...I just looked at the menu for this route and what they are serving for both meals on our flight I know my 10 year old picky son will not eat. And I won’t eat one of them bc it’s eggplant pasta...literally eggplant is like the one and only food I refuse to eat. How often does the pau Hana cart come around does anyone know? I looked at what they have and I think we will be ok with several of their cheese/snack box options but just curious if this cart comes by several times during an almost 10 hour flight? I hope so but you never know.
Our flight leaves super early and I’m worried about getting food at the airport before hand so trying to plan ahead.
You can ask for something off the Pau Hana cart whenever. There are a couple of times when they go through the cabin specifically asking if you want something, but I've always found their flight attendants on Hawaiian to be very friendly and helpful, especially if you have kids.

That said, their main cabin meals are all just vaguely salty filler to get you through. No strong flavors or textures. Entirely inoffensive, and edible for even the pickiest eaters. My kids (currently 7, 4, and 1, last trip 5 and 2) eat it all with no trouble.

Will be staying at a hotel the night before the flight - don't know if I could use the Ice from the hotel in the soft side cooler and just make sure to drain any liquid out right before going through TSA or take it through empty and try to find ice on the other side of security - Where are you getting ice on the other side of security?

Will be staying at a hotel the night before the flight - don't know if I could use the Ice from the hotel in the soft side cooler and just make sure to drain any liquid out right before going through TSA or take it through empty and try to find ice on the other side of security - Where are you getting ice on the other side of security?

See if your hotel has a mini fridge with freezer in the room or if you can request one for your room. Freeze a bottle before you go and it should still be mostly frozen when you get to your hotel. Then put it in the freezer compartment. What doesn't freeze, drain before you get to TSA.

If you can't do this, take a few zip-lock bags with you. You can ask counter service restaurants if they will fill your baggie up with ice. Just remember this ice won't stay frozen as long because it's smaller.

Does Hawaiian air have good service? Do they serve food on the legs from LA? We have options of Sun Country- HA or just Sun Country. Never flown HA so was initially going to stick with SC as its a tried and true basic airline for us with lower prices than Delta.

Does Hawaiian air have good service? Do they serve food on the legs from LA? We have options of Sun Country- HA or just Sun Country. Never flown HA so was initially going to stick with SC as its a tried and true basic airline for us with lower prices than Delta.

Great service and yes there is food from LAX. They have the menus on their website.

The 1st one is. The purchase cart, you might be able to ask he stewardess later on but the only came at the beginning, of my flight from Boston , 11 hour flight

as far as the food , veggie pasta. Was ok , but egg salad sandwich no . On the way home , tofu rice yuk !!! And then a cheese and cracker tray with fruit

My kids will generally eat whatever is offered but I always bring food with us. Bars, fruit, bagels, banana bread, if we have an early flight. If our flight is later I’ll buy sandwiches or something in the airport. I never want to rely solely on what the plane may or may not have

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter