Hawaii COVID Testing

I am so confused by this as well. I am going to Maui first - direct flight into Oahu then on to Maui. No one seems to know (nor is it covered in the literature) whether or not it is 72 hours before my Oahu flight or my Maui flight which is technically the last leg. From the East Coast that's almost a 20 hour difference for me so I really dont want to screw it up. Has anyone found someone to call to get answers to questions that aren't covered in FAQ? Anyone else have insight?
Mahalo!

There is a lot of talk about this on Trip Advisor forum so maybe check there, also I think safe travels has a number you can call but be prepared to wait. If you are using Vault it is only date stamped and not time of test so more flexibility and could be an option depending on day of flight.

Hawaiian Airlines is offering a 36 hour turnaround drive thru Covid test, as well as a pricier day of test, in Los Angeles to all of its passengers.
Their partner clinic in the Seattle area will do the test for you for any airline. Not sure why it’s a Hawaiian airlines partnership since it’s the same price for you even for a different airline. We will be using US Biotek cause it’s close to the residence.

Their partner clinic in the Seattle area will do the test for you for any airline. Not sure why it’s a Hawaiian airlines partnership since it’s the same price for you even for a different airline. We will be using US Biotek cause it’s close to the residence.
I believe if you are flying Hawaii Air your test results are prioritized

I wanted to add my test experience to the pile. We tested in the Portland, Oregon area at GoHealth Urgent Care. This is on Hawaii's site of recommended testing locations and since our travel agent used them to go to Maui I knew it should work out. I don't think I have seen many people mention this option. It's not in a lot of cities but it's in a few big spots (including SFO airport and NY Metropolitan area

You can only make your appointments 2 days in advance but we had no problem getting our appointments for a Sunday night. We had back up tests scheduled at Carbon Health through Alaska at the discounted rate of only $130!!! (Sarcasm intended) GoHealth billed our insurance and we didn't have to pay anything last night but I expect a bill for the copay later on. Still substantially cheaper than $130/person.

When we got there they checked the 4 of us (Myself, DH, DD13, DS9) in and put us in a room then the nurse tested all 4 of us in a row. Everyone did well. My 13 year old was expecting it to be awful but she even told her friends it was easy and not like she had heard. The biggest plus is that we waited in the room for our results that came 15 minutes later. They gave forms with the Hawaii State Seal on it and a second one that was their test result form for us to go home and scan in.

Seriously, I spent more time with my damn scanner than we took driving to the clinic, getting the tests and waiting for results! However it all loaded into Safe Travels easily and was automatically verified almost immediately. So, if anyone has this option available near them it's worth looking into.

Just curious if anyone has flown direct on American Airlines using LetsGetitChecked.. They are said to have a guaranteed 72hrs or less results, using UPS for getting them turned in. How reliable is this?

Anyone in SoCal flown to Hawaii on a Tuesday? If so where did you get your testing done? We live in Montana but have family in OC. We will be in OC quite a few days before flying to Hawaii. I know when it falls over a weekend it is not recommend to fly out on a Tuesday. Any help would be much appreciated.

Anyone in SoCal flown to Hawaii on a Tuesday? If so where did you get your testing done? We live in Montana but have family in OC. We will be in OC quite a few days before flying to Hawaii. I know when it falls over a weekend it is not recommend to fly out on a Tuesday. Any help would be much appreciated.
LAX has a rapid testing center that is an approved testing site. LAX has three testing sites the rapid one is by terminal 6, ran by clarity labs, and is by appointment only. So far with my research that is the only rapid testing site local to the so cal area.

LAX has a rapid testing center that is an approved testing site. LAX has three testing sites the rapid one is by terminal 6, ran by clarity labs, and is by appointment only. So far with my research that is the only rapid testing site local to the so cal area.
We are flying out of Long Beach so to go to LAX would be a pain. But I guess that’s the world we live in now

I heard Walgreens has 24hr locations as well

They do but so far none in California. The closest Walgreens that offer the rapid turn around is in either Arizona or Nevada.
Guess LAX it is then. Do you know if you can test Saturday or Sunday and have results back for a Tuesday flight?

Our closest ID NOW Walgreens is about 50 minutes away, but that is our plan. Seems the safest bet.

Our backup is American Family Care...

We had to use Kaiser last week due to exposer at work. We took the test at 3:00 on Friday and got the results around midnight Friday night.

We are going to use Kaiser again in a few weeks for our test but also make an appointment for Walgreens ID Now the next day in case we don't get our Kaiser results.

Is Walgreens open on Sundays or early on Monday AM? Anyone know when appointments open? (Midnight?) We have a Weds flight in 2 weeks and I’m getting stressed about the testing part. There are 5 of us, so I’m hoping for the free or at least billed to insurance option.

Is Walgreens open on Sundays or early on Monday AM? Anyone know when appointments open? (Midnight?) We have a Weds flight in 2 weeks and I’m getting stressed about the testing part. There are 5 of us, so I’m hoping for the free or at least billed to insurance option.

Walgreens is open on Sundays. For the ID Now in our area they open up the testing schedule about 3 days in advance. So for a test on Sunday they opened up the schedule on Thursday morning.

Make an account through Walgreens now and then see how far in advance you can make a ID Now appointment. That will give you an idea of when you can book in your area. Make sure it is a Walgreens that does the ID Now tests.

My cousin had a test at Carbon Health this past weekend in Seattle. They are a preferred partner with Alaska Airline and you pay a hefty price ($170) to be assured you will have the results in time (next day by 2pm). Well, they had a “glitch” in their system and reportedly about 900 people didn’t get their results before their flight. Luckily my cousin has a second home in Honolulu and she was not going on vacation. But she was told she needed to quarantine. 3 days later she still hasn’t received her results. She has used Carbon at least 5 times before since this was all set up. But I’m not sure what happened with everybody else who most likely were on vacation. Jeez, I can’t imagine that happening to me. I’d cry

We are leaving for Aulani tomorrow! Filling out the safe travels questionnaire and have a question. We are traveling with two minors, do we have to add them to both of our profiles ? Tried getting an answer from safe travels but have not gotten a response yet.

We are leaving for Aulani tomorrow! Filling out the safe travels questionnaire and have a question. We are traveling with two minors, do we have to add them to both of our profiles ? Tried getting an answer from safe travels but have not gotten a response yet.
Yes, you are supposed to add any minors one adult’s profile. Each adult needs their own profile however (there aren’t any family-style options that I’m away of)

Hello everyone! First time poster here. I’ve enjoyed all the tips I’ve gotten here. Thank you. Question about the safe travels site. We are traveling with our soon to be 4 yr old son and I’ve listed him under my husband’s account. Will we need to fill out a health questionnaire for my son and select one of the exemptions for him? Will he be getting a QR code as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter