Hawaii COVID Testing

Following up on the new California Travel Advisory. So we are supposed to go in March and are on Southwest. However, coming from the East Coast, that requires us to overnight in San Diego to catch the flight the following morning. Will this be allowed?

Obligatiory: By March, things could be different. For our upcoming trip, we are connecting through LAX, and have to connect on the same day i.e. "transit" to be allowed to not be subject to quarantine. The LA Times had a pretty complete article recently about how the restrictions are being implemented throughout CA. I don't have a link now but perhaps it will show in search results.

Obligatiory: By March, things could be different. For our upcoming trip, we are connecting through LAX, and have to connect on the same day i.e. "transit" to be allowed to not be subject to quarantine. The LA Times had a pretty complete article recently about how the restrictions are being implemented throughout CA. I don't have a link now but perhaps it will show in search results.
Yeah, I've been searching for it. We would get to San Diego late Friday night and leave early Saturday morning, and it's on SW, so technically it's 2 separate flights and technically it's "overnight".

This would really affect Southwest as they only fly to Hawaii from California airports. I wonder if they would shift some flights to Vegas, etc...

So, would San Diego be different?
Someone local can answer better, but it appears to go by counties and surrounding areas presently. Problem I am hearing from family in (north and south) is they are basically out of hospital beds in some areas. Hence why it isn't uniform across the state. Maybe you can find more news local to San Diego and keep monitoring it. This is going to keep changing, I would guess.

Only the County of Los Angeles has the traveler quarantine. San Diego and Orange Counties currently do not.

Are there any recent experiences from anyone using the Walgreens ID NOW rapid test for pre-travel to Hawaii? I saw one PP had success but curious if there's any idea of the current turnaround time. We fly out on a Wednesday so it looks like Vault is not a good option, and in our area the only other options are Walgreens and CVS. Of the two, Walgreens is the only one that offers a rapid test that is acceptable.

Are there any recent experiences from anyone using the Walgreens ID NOW rapid test for pre-travel to Hawaii? I saw one PP had success but curious if there's any idea of the current turnaround time. We fly out on a Wednesday so it looks like Vault is not a good option, and in our area the only other options are Walgreens and CVS. Of the two, Walgreens is the only one that offers a rapid test that is acceptable.
On Trip advisor forum there are many posts about testing and ID NOW and if Walgreens ID Now if available near you seems like a great option. Results within hours where CVS doesn't guarantee a 72 hr turn around. We are traveling in June and if nothing changes will drive from MA to CT to take advantage of ID NOW rapid test.

On Trip advisor forum there are many posts about testing and ID NOW and if Walgreens ID Now if available near you seems like a great option. Results within hours where CVS doesn't guarantee a 72 hr turn around. We are traveling in June and if nothing changes will drive from MA to CT to take advantage of ID NOW rapid test.
We plan on using the Walgreens as well, though the closest one with the ID NOW is about an hour away. We do have an American Family Care (AFC) in our town that we could use and I have heard that they will give you results before you leave. That said, I still think I trust Walgreens more...

We plan on using the Walgreens as well, though the closest one with the ID NOW is about an hour away. We do have an American Family Care (AFC) in our town that we could use and I have heard that they will give you results before you leave. That said, I still think I trust Walgreens more...

The closest Walgreens for us that has the test is about an hour away as well. At this point worth the drive to get results in a few hours.

Thanks for the response! Right after I posted here I found one of the threads you mentioned and it definitely seems like Walgreens is the spot for us.

We used the Walgreens ID Now test and had no issues. Was instantly verified by the safe travels page and flew through screening at HNL on Saturday.

Currently at Aulani as I type this. :)

Has anyone used GoHealth Urgent Care for testing? We travel in June, and they have multiple locations near us, all indicating results in 15 mins or so. GoHealth is one of the allowed travel partners, but I haven't seen them mentioned here.

So, apparently the test at American Family Care is the same ID NOW that Walgreens uses. Has anyone tested with AFC? If so, how was your experience?

Headed to Maui in late March, actually a fairly last minute trip. I may need another vacation just due to the stress of the testing, due to timing of test, work schedules etc.

Just to confirm-test must be done within 72 hours of last leg of trip. We are connecting through DFW 11:55 AM Central Time on a Thursday. So test can be anytime after 11:55 Central Time on Monday. I at first thought it had to 72 hours of arrival which would have really complicated things.

Headed to Maui in late March, actually a fairly last minute trip. I may need another vacation just due to the stress of the testing, due to timing of test, work schedules etc.

Just to confirm-test must be done within 72 hours of last leg of trip. We are connecting through DFW 11:55 AM Central Time on a Thursday. So test can be anytime after 11:55 Central Time on Monday. I at first thought it had to 72 hours of arrival which would have really complicated things.
I am so confused by this as well. I am going to Maui first - direct flight into Oahu then on to Maui. No one seems to know (nor is it covered in the literature) whether or not it is 72 hours before my Oahu flight or my Maui flight which is technically the last leg. From the East Coast that's almost a 20 hour difference for me so I really dont want to screw it up. Has anyone found someone to call to get answers to questions that aren't covered in FAQ? Anyone else have insight?
Mahalo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter