Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

I've been stalking the Aulani website daily, waiting for May 2020 to come available to book our room. They were adding reservations one day at a time and then it's stalled at 29 April for a few days now. Ahhhh.... Those rooms cannot come soon enough - we really want to get our pre-cruise reservation!

And, we changed our minds yet again on the dates we'll be at Aulani, after consulting our friends who visit Hawaii every year. I hope they have a similar setup as the Disney Parks when it comes to adjusting the dates on a reservation before the paid in full date, as we may change our minds once again when the cruise transfers are announced and whether or not there will be an option to go direct from Aulani to the ship. I just want to get everything booked so we can start a countdown. :P I'll be stalking the WestJet website starting in May 2019 for flights, as well.

But first... I have to secure some Slinky Dog Dash and Soarin' FastPass+ reservations for our upcoming trip. I did half of the FP+ reservations today but because we have a non-consecutive split stay, I have to wait until 60 days before the second hotel check in date to access the rest of our dates.

Won’t Aulani offer special rates for the DCL Hawaii cruisers as we get closer? I heard something like that was done last time the Hawaii cruises were happening.

Last edited:
Won’t Aulani offer special rates for the DCL Hawaii cruisers as we get closer? I heard something like that was done last time the Hawaii cruises were happening.
Possibly, but we're not taking any chances. Securing a room at Aulani is just as important to us as the cruise. It's our favourite Disney property, by far, and there's no way we're going to Oahu and not staying there. :P

I've been stalking the Aulani website daily, waiting for May 2020 to come available to book our room.

Us too. But, we're also (supposedly) on a waiting list for Aulani. When the cruise booked, DW called and had us added to a list. We are not the only ones on it. I ponder that maybe it's frozen opening up new dates because they are now at the time that cruisers might want to be showing up. Possibly they've started contacting people? Or about to?

Possibly true, but like spacecanada, I don't want to take chances either. This could be our only chance to see Aulani. But I sure could use some savings from the full price. The CAD to USD is killer right now.

I called Aulani reservations yesterday and spoke with a supervisor. There's no waitlist or otherwise for cruise passengers to get on to make a room reservation for May 2020.

Dtrain - welcome !! I’ve added you to our roll call - please let me know if you would like to join any of our activities we have going. I look forward to planning with you.

Ok, it's not Aulani that is taking the waitlist, it's DCL themselves. I called in today to add an extra payment to our booking and asked about it. I hope I didn't miss out because we waited until now to get on that waitlist. Fingers crossed!!

Ok, it's not Aulani that is taking the waitlist, it's DCL themselves. I called in today to add an extra payment to our booking and asked about it. I hope I didn't miss out because we waited until now to get on that waitlist. Fingers crossed!!

Yes...should give you a leg up! We booked through Costco and they don’t participate in the waitlist unfortunately. Hopefully there will be plenty of availability as it would be fun to stay there before the cruise.

Yes...should give you a leg up! We booked through Costco and they don’t participate in the waitlist unfortunately. Hopefully there will be plenty of availability as it would be fun to stay there before the cruise.

Hmm... We booked directly and then transferred to Costco. I wonder if that screwed up being on the waitlist?

Hmm... We booked directly and then transferred to Costco. I wonder if that screwed up being on the waitlist?

It will, we did the same and I spoke with both DCL & Costco yesterday about it. Even if you got on the list before transferring, DCL will now call the TA instead of you directly and Costco does not participate in waitlists or relaying info. I'm not too worried about securing a room, but missing out on potential DCL negotiated rates is what bums me out. I suppose the Costco Cash Card evens it out in the end though so really it's a wash.

Thanks for posting about the waitlist. I emailed my TA and got 2 nights out in the list for us - I’m still not sure what we are doing but did want to do a couple days but may do them on points.
I called DCL and inquired about transfers to the port - he said they had some notes that it will be offered from airport and looked like from Aulani but nothing concrete yet.

It will, we did the same and I spoke with both DCL & Costco yesterday about it. Even if you got on the list before transferring, DCL will now call the TA instead of you directly and Costco does not participate in waitlists or relaying info. I'm not too worried about securing a room, but missing out on potential DCL negotiated rates is what bums me out. I suppose the Costco Cash Card evens it out in the end though so really it's a wash.

Thanks for the info. I also am not too worried about a room. And not overly worried about getting into Aulani.

3 more hours to go here... but we're heading off to bed. LOL I have an early morning run and polar bear dip in the lake tomorrow.

Here's to 2019 - and one year closer to our cruise! We wish everyone a great year ahead, enough that everyone will (still) be able to join us on this cruise in 2020. Fingers crossed the Canadian-US exchange rate improves for us Canadians as well.

Praying for a little Pixie Dust...

My family booked this sailing and we waited until Christmas to tell the kiddos.
Here's the million dollar question / quest. We are trying to find the happy owners of Cabin #8002......

Here's the back story. When we booked, we were grateful to get what we got. No concierge and no adjoining rooms but we were able to get them close. (#8000 and 8004) I talked to Disney and they won't reach out to the occupants of Cabin# 8002 on our behalf, but if we can find them by means of social media, and if they agree, they can swap rooms so my family can be next to each other and have connecting verandas. (The girls love to go between our cabin and Grandmas) Luckily we have time to find the happy family. My daughter is going to put the request on the fb page also, but if anyone else has any ideas on how we can find them, we are open to suggestions. I'm excited for the challenge.

Our group includes:

8000 - DM Sandy
DS - Elaine
DN - Lauren (18 when we sail)

8004 - Me - Cathy
DH - Robert
DD - Summer (21 when we sail)
DD - Autumn (20 when we sail)

We are from Huntington Beach, CA and for now, we would love to be included in the FE, the Recipe Exchange and the Post Card Exchange.
I look forward to our group growing as we get closer. Happy sailing!

Here's the million dollar question / quest. We are trying to find the happy owners of Cabin #8002......

Here's the back story. When we booked, we were grateful to get what we got. No concierge and no adjoining rooms but we were able to get them close. (#8000 and 8004) I talked to Disney and they won't reach out to the occupants of Cabin# 8002 on our behalf, but if we can find them by means of social media, and if they agree, they can swap rooms so my family can be next to each other and have connecting verandas. (The girls love to go between our cabin and Grandmas) Luckily we have time to find the happy family. My daughter is going to put the request on the fb page also, but if anyone else has any ideas on how we can find them, we are open to suggestions. I'm excited for the challenge.

Our group includes:

8000 - DM Sandy
DS - Elaine
DN - Lauren (18 when we sail)

8004 - Me - Cathy
DH - Robert
DD - Summer (21 when we sail)
DD - Autumn (20 when we sail)

We are from Huntington Beach, CA and for now, we would love to be included in the FE, the Recipe Exchange and the Post Card Exchange.
I look forward to our group growing as we get closer. Happy sailing!

The group on FB is huge so hopefully you will find them there. It may take some time since I think many have joined the group but are not that active. I would bump it to the top of the feed every so often so people continue to see it. Good luck! I surprised my DS with a quick trip to Disney World on Christmas morning. We leave this Friday and can't wait for some warm weather!

They are not listed in the FB roll call page. None of your neighbors are. Keep looking. Not everyone joins the FB groups or the DisBoards groups. Maybe you will get lucky. Wishing you lot of luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter