Having trouble getting a quote for DLParis 2007

wideeyes said:
When you arrive at the CC, you can make any reservations when you are being checked in to the hotel.

Really? I thought character meals or the most popular locations/times would be not available if I wait that long? :confused3

Really? I thought character meals or the most popular locations/times would be not available if I wait that long? :confused3

This depends. If you want to have a character meal on a holiday or during summer season - I would book early! (But not like in the US 5 month in advance - 3 weeks should be more than enough!)
But if you are going during the week it is no problem to make your reservation when you arrive at the hotel!

And regarding the Paris trip: We have done this several times:We had breakfast in the hotel in the resort and then left with the RER. And we returned in the evening hours. This should work out fine. But don't expect to see all the Paris attractions during this one day. But it is enought time to do the Eiffel Tower, Arc de T., and Sacre Cour!

We will be there in early December, and for Paris,yes just the a couple of basic sights for her so she can say she's been there ;)

Harrumph.

I don't want much...I want it ALL, and apparently, I can't get that from DLP. I have had THE most frustrating time dealing with reservations.

Yesterday: 25 minutes on hold (near the end of the reservations' day), only then to be told that they were closed. So, I waited up late last night (we're 9 hours behind in time zones) to catch them as they opened...30 minutes on hold before I gave up.

So, third time's a charm, I called this morning and was able to talk to some CM reservationists. I don't really feel happy about any of it.

First...

I can't, as an American, book Eurostar from London through Disney, even though that's how I want to get to DLP. (Residents of the UK can do this, but not me, even though we'd be on the same train.) Same thing goes for the Disney Express Service w/r/t my baggage. So, we get to haul our baggage instead of being able to go to the parks. Not a HUGE thing, but an inconvenience.

Second...

Families who have 3 children can't be accommodated in a single room on the Castle Club area of the DLH; we'd have to get two rooms, which tosses the budget out the window for that idea. My kids would *dearly* love to stay at the DLH.

One reservationist told me that there was no VIP FastPass service available to guests at the Newport, and another told me that the Presidential Suite was the only option. Still a very spendy choice.

Minimum 2 nights/3 days. Cost to us for that, with insurance, is $2080. I have to seriously wonder about the worth of that.

But we really wanted to come for 4 nights and book room-only the first night (since Eurostar doesn't get there until early afternoon and the park closes at 6, so it's not worth a day ticket price). We also want to go to Paris and sightsee, but they wouldn't let us book room only for the last night.

And we have to book our own Eurostar (not a huge thing, except I'm disapponted with the lack of Disney Express Service).

I would have preferred to not have to change hotels (especially if we're all hauling baggage)--I'd rather be spending my vacation time at the park or going to Paris rather than checking in/out and hauling bags.

I'm sort of wondering whether to just punt, stay in Paris, and take the RER out to DLP.

The VIP Fastpass option was really significant to us since our time in the parks is so limited.

Thoughts (besides 'what a whiner!')??

Wow, what a frustrating session you had. I don't even know what to say - I havn't gotten as far as you since my trip is not until December. I am surprised they can't take 3 kids in the Castle Club rooms.

What about booking through a UK travel agent . I know this sounds mad as you'd think that direct would be easier, but I think they may be more helpful and might get you a better deal.

How about a suite in the Seq Lodge . They may get fastpasses and It's not that much more of a walk.

Your other option is to stay offsite. I can recommend the Marriot village and it will definitely sleep all your family.You could then buy dream annual passes which get some fastpasses (can someone help with the number:confused3 )Only downside with this is you will have to go on shuttle to the parks (which is quite infrequent)unless you hire a car. The dream pass entitles you to free parking. Dream passes also get you into the park an hour early.

Just my tuppence , but I hope it helps.

Wow, what a frustrating session you had. I don't even know what to say - I havn't gotten as far as you since my trip is not until December. I am surprised they can't take 3 kids in the Castle Club rooms.

Yeah, I was amazed that they could have family rooms and not be Castle Club. Heck, I would be satisfied to have a family room and the VIP Fastpass; I don't care if I'm necessarily on the 'right' floor. But they didn't let me call those shots.

I've been in a quandry all day about it. One of the bigger glitches now is that I can't get direct London > DLP Eurostar fares on the dates I want. I realize that a stop is probably not a big deal, and some of them don't add all that much time, but it's just another snag in the process.

What about booking through a UK travel agent . I know this sounds mad as you'd think that direct would be easier, but I think they may be more helpful and might get you a better deal.

How about a suite in the Seq Lodge . They may get fastpasses and It's not that much more of a walk.

Your other option is to stay offsite. I can recommend the Marriot village and it will definitely sleep all your family.You could then buy dream annual passes which get some fastpasses (can someone help with the number:confused3 )Only downside with this is you will have to go on shuttle to the parks (which is quite infrequent)unless you hire a car. The dream pass entitles you to free parking. Dream passes also get you into the park an hour early.

Just my tuppence , but I hope it helps.

I think that having 5 in our family is the limitation w/r/t rooms.

Pehaps the thing to do is go through a UK travel agent--I'm OK with that. Any suggestions, all you UK locals?

I think, if we were to rent a car, we'd just go to the Davy Crockett Ranch and shuttle back and forth.

I'm just spinning about it; it had taken me a lot of time to work it all out, and then it all blew apart.

Thanks for any/all help/suggestions!!!

Clippers quay were who we used first time we travelled they are a preferred travel agent so should be quite helpful , also you won't have any language barrier (except maybe the accents ;) ).

If you are going to stay at Davy Crockett it may be worth buying one annual pass in your party or buying shares and joining the shareholders club (shares are really cheap !!)to book as you can get up to 20% discount and you'll get discounts on food and purchases and show tickets , like Buffallo bills.

Update - Feb 1st

I am going to use this thread to update how my planning is going and ask questions. I think it's better to keep everything in the same place then start new threads.

So far I have my flight to Rome Nov 19th
Hotel in Rome - 1 night
Cruise from Rome 12 days

I need to book a flight from Rome to Paris - December 3rd - can anyone tell me whichis better? Alitalia or Air France

I need to decide how to get from Charles de G to Disneyland Resort - either by bus or train or private transfer

I still need to book the Disneyland Hotel - I called the other day and the agent said I would not be able to book until June. We want the Castle club for Dec 3 - 7th. I hope I won't have any trouble getting this reservation when the time comes!

I have booked a transfter from DLPR to Paris with britishtours.com (operating tours in Paris with english speaking guides)

A guide will pick us up at the Disneyland Resort and taking us to Paris and give us a 4 hour tour of the highlights and then drop us at our hotel. Cost is 300 UKL (approx 600.00US) total.

I have booked the Paris Ritz hotel for one night, I have always wanted to go there because it was where Diana was the night she died. Has anyone stayed there? I have a Deluxe 2 bedded room, French Style, Marble bath including breakfast for 560euros.

Then I have my flight home from Paris on December 8th. Does anyone recommend how to get to CDG from the Ritz? or should I just get the hotel to arrange it when I am there?

Can anyone suggest a good place to have dinner in Paris on the night of the 7th? It is just me and my DD13.

Thanks for all your help.
Cass

Hi Cass...I just PM earlier telling you how great your trip report was...!! and also asking you about the VIP tours...I was looking for some information..I would like to go to DLP again for my 40th bday next year and have a VIP tour !!
I posted my photos with s musical slidehow...Were you able to view it ?

Regarding your airline question, even if I live in ITaly...I prefer AF !! Alitalia is always on strike ( not lately though...but you never know). Why don't you use their web pages to view the times and prices...I bought our tickets for ur trip last Dec. and got some great prices...€577 for 2 adults and 2 children.

Hope this helps !!

Martina

P.S. I'm the one that had asked you about which cruise you were taking...I used to work on board Costa Cruises as a Receptionist...until when I was offerred to work in the US for a while, but then I came to ITaly to marry my biyfriend..who ...had worked on board too !! :rolleyes1

P.S.S. Since he DOES NOT want to take me on a cruise for my 40th bday...I prefer DLP again, but with the VIP TOur !! :laughing:

Hi Martina, thanks for all your help. I think I will go with Air France because I don't want to be caught up in a strike or anything! The fares are the same on both airlines and the times too.

I have all the VIP information for DLP (at my office) I will send it to you tomorrow.

:) Cass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter