• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Having to argue with Walmart

If they were trying to charge $299 when you wanted the wifi one, well that's wrong of them. But sounds like there was confusion over what was the correct product they think you wanted, maybe they didn't get it, or maybe everyone was just confused over the two prices, two versions.

because then they wouldn't get to raise Cain and get the cell version for the price of the wifi version would be my guess.
BS! We weren't getting the cell version to begin with. They wouldn't ship it. But it was listed on the app. Walmart was in the wrong here, and also when they didn't know the laws in regards to selling firearms. Do a lot of you just let people run over you or do you just have no reservations when a company or such over charges you. Seems like it. Me, nope.

If they were trying to charge $299 when you wanted the wifi one, well that's wrong of them. But sounds like there was confusion over what was the correct product they think you wanted, maybe they didn't get it, or maybe everyone was just confused over the two prices, two versions.
Exactly. They had the price wrong on the wifi one, which is the one we wanted all along. We were not trying to scam Walmart out of $100. They just don't have thier act together at times. But I will admit, the sell of an Apple watch is one thing, but to not know about the laws in regards to firearms is just down right ridiculous.

Not related to Apple Watches, but it is related to Walmart: I saw online Walmart.com that they were selling a weather station at a sale price that couldn't be beat. Wanting to get it hooked up that beautiful day, I saw that my closest Walmart had the product instock with aisle listed. I drove the half hour to Walmart, went to the aisle expecting to see the sale price. It was not on sale there. Nonetheless, I took the box to the register and it still rang up at the higher price. I wrestled briefly with the register person and eventually was pushed to customer service.

I then learned that brick and mortar Walmarts did not need to "price match" online Walmart. I was flabbergasted. Now at my wits end, I asked if she wanted me to buy it with my smart phone (online) and choose to pick up at the Walmart I was in. She said yes. So, I went through the motions and purchased the weather station in front of her on my phone. She then said it could take some time for them to get the order, pick it, and have it ready for pick up. Yet there we were with the weather station in hand, in front of us both, on the table.

The store received the order while I was there, but said she still had to send someone to confirm what we had in front of us was the same product she was seeing the order for. Even though I was about to explode, they had a process to follow. She called for a person to take my box to the aisle in question and check it was one and the same as ordered. It was. He came back and said all was good.

Eventually I was going out the door with the weather station at the online price, but what a goat rope.

but to not know about the laws in regards to firearms is just down right ridiculous.
This firearms thing has been brought up several times. Why, if it's so irritating, do you purchase guns from walmart? At some point, it would make sense to weigh aggravation over price.
Exactly. They had the price wrong on the wifi one, which is the one we wanted all along
That's really odd. The pricing is programmed (not physically price-tagged) by the home office, not individual stores. Since the Wi-Fi version was disproved in the store you chose, it's surprising that there have been no other complaints.
I then learned that brick and mortar Walmarts did not need to "price match" online Walmart. I was flabbergasted.
I would expect store employees to know the policy on this, and customers to make themselves aware of policies before trying to use them.
Even though I was about to explode, they had a process to follow.
And? You really need to contact Wal-Mart headquarters. An employee not following policy can subject them to disciplinary action up to firing.

I always price match at Petsmart. Their in store prices are not the same as online for most items I buy. Online is always cheaper and they never give me a problem charging the online price for an in store purchase.

Most often the price adjustments I get are for...

filters for our cat fountain and fish tank (often half the price online)
Feliway products
toys
litter box supplies

If you were so upset after the firearms thing why do you still shop there?
$199 is the regular price for the series 3 apple watch, you can get it for that anywhere. Plus several stores have had it on sale for lower, Target just had it for $179.
I do believe that they made a mistake, but no need to "raise Cain", the employee doesn't set the prices and they are expected to follow their store policies. I get that you wanted something at a certain price, but that employee just wants to keep their job.

Exactly. They had the price wrong on the wifi one, which is the one we wanted all along. We were not trying to scam Walmart out of $100. They just don't have thier act together at times. But I will admit, the sell of an Apple watch is one thing, but to not know about the laws in regards to firearms is just down right ridiculous.
Are you complaining about buying a different Apple product at the wrong (though actually correct) price or about guns?

Not related to Apple Watches, but it is related to Walmart: I saw online Walmart.com that they were selling a weather station at a sale price that couldn't be beat. Wanting to get it hooked up that beautiful day, I saw that my closest Walmart had the product instock with aisle listed. I drove the half hour to Walmart, went to the aisle expecting to see the sale price. It was not on sale there. Nonetheless, I took the box to the register and it still rang up at the higher price. I wrestled briefly with the register person and eventually was pushed to customer service.

I then learned that brick and mortar Walmarts did not need to "price match" online Walmart. I was flabbergasted. Now at my wits end, I asked if she wanted me to buy it with my smart phone (online) and choose to pick up at the Walmart I was in. She said yes. So, I went through the motions and purchased the weather station in front of her on my phone. She then said it could take some time for them to get the order, pick it, and have it ready for pick up. Yet there we were with the weather station in hand, in front of us both, on the table.

The store received the order while I was there, but said she still had to send someone to confirm what we had in front of us was the same product she was seeing the order for. Even though I was about to explode, they had a process to follow. She called for a person to take my box to the aisle in question and check it was one and the same as ordered. It was. He came back and said all was good.

Eventually I was going out the door with the weather station at the online price, but what a goat rope.
You're a much more patient consumer than I am. I would have left the store without the product and ordered the same thing off Amazon. Or found a different store and bought it there.

BS! We weren't getting the cell version to begin with. They wouldn't ship it. But it was listed on the app. Walmart was in the wrong here, and also when they didn't know the laws in regards to selling firearms. Do a lot of you just let people run over you or do you just have no reservations when a company or such over charges you. Seems like it. Me, nope.

Why didn't you just buy it online? I wouldn't shop at Walmart anymore if I were you. If a company doesn't treat me fairly I would complain and never go back there.

I always price match at Petsmart. Their in store prices are not the same as online for most items I buy. Online is always cheaper and they never give me a problem charging the online price for an in store purchase.

Feliway products
toys
litter box supplies
I always price match at Target (through the Circle app, all you need to do is show them what it rang up as online) and Best Buy. For Best Buy, if you can find it cheaper on Amazon, fulfilled by Amazon not a 3rd party, they will price match.

Why didn't you just buy it online? I wouldn't shop at Walmart anymore if I were you. If a company doesn't treat me fairly I would complain and never go back there.
If a store gave me a product for $100 less than they were actually supposed to, I'd be a customer for life. :rotfl:

No need to argue with Target. I went in on Black Friday with no desire to really buy anything. We always just go, it's a family thing. My daughter convinced me to buy an Xbox for my son. They were on sale for $149,99 and $199.99. I hadn't even looked in the add. They had three listed on the tags on the pallet. There were three different ones there. One was digital and there were two others. I decided on one of the others. I took it upfront with my other purchases. It came up $349,99. I told the cashier nevermind I was only buying it because it was listed at $199,99. She called over the manager, I told her it wasn't a big deal. The manager though took my husband back and had some employees move the Xbox we had brought up to a different area. Turns out they were a more expensive Xbox that was indeed on sale for $349.99. The manager though sold it to us for $199.99. I feel bad because I really had no intention of scamming a store. I had no idea. I just picked it up off a pallet and there were several others of the same there.

I do wonder if the manager sold it to me for that price because I didn't cause a scene. I was very polite. Hopefully my son will enjoy his Xbox. Basic moral of the story, try to be nice, retail workers don't make much and seriously who needs to deal with jerks.

No need to argue with Target. I went in on Black Friday with no desire to really buy anything. We always just go, it's a family thing. My daughter convinced me to buy an Xbox for my son. They were on sale for $149,99 and $199.99. I hadn't even looked in the add. They had three listed on the tags on the pallet. There were three different ones there. One was digital and there were two others. I decided on one of the others. I took it upfront with my other purchases. It came up $349,99. I told the cashier nevermind I was only buying it because it was listed at $199,99. She called over the manager, I told her it wasn't a big deal. The manager though took my husband back and had some employees move the Xbox we had brought up to a different area. Turns out they were a more expensive Xbox that was indeed on sale for $349.99. The manager though sold it to us for $199.99. I feel bad because I really had no intention of scamming a store. I had no idea. I just picked it up off a pallet and there were several others of the same there.

I do wonder if the manager sold it to me for that price because I didn't cause a scene. I was very polite. Hopefully my son will enjoy his Xbox. Basic moral of the story, try to be nice, retail workers don't make much and seriously who needs to deal with jerks.
They sold it to you for that price because that is what it was marked. There is some type of retail law that goes along with instances like that, though I don't know it off the top of my head.

Feliway products
toys
litter box supplies
I just buy online and pick up in the store. Plus there is frequently a 5-10% discount added for doing that. Pick up is within 1-2hrs.

I'm sure it's something they do all over the place now but they have a specific pick up spot now where you press a button at the front of the store and they send an associate to you so you get your order which they store at the front of the store. Used to be I had to go through the checkout lane just to tell them I had an online order and they would have to call someone, etc. It's faster now.

Sometimes I feel that stores list items at inflated prices just so that they can put them on sale for the real price. Buy it “on sale” and you think you’re getting a deal. Buy it at the normal, overpriced amount and you’re getting a raw deal. Kohl’s is such a store. I’d never ever pay their list price for anything.

All stores that run sales do this and you can look at JCPenney as an example as to how people *want* that perceived bargain. When JCP took sales away, it hurt their business badly and they're lucky to even still be around.

I'm a former Kohl's employee, also, and there's very little in the store that's ever "regular" price. I used to supervise the crew that set the signage for sales when they still used paper signs, so trust me, I know.

I haven't worked at Target in many years, but they do indeed train employees in customer retention techniques.

For example, they timed you at the register when I worked there to ensure that you're moving customers along and not taking forever at checkout. Also, if you were reasonably certain an item was less than $20 in value, you agreed upon a price with the customer to keep the line/transaction moving along if said item was missing a barcode or item # that you could enter into the register. I was impressed by the company and the training I received when I worked there.

This firearms thing has been brought up several times. Why, if it's so irritating, do you purchase guns from walmart? At some point, it would make sense to weigh aggravation over price.

That's really odd. The pricing is programmed (not physically price-tagged) by the home office, not individual stores. Since the Wi-Fi version was disproved in the store you chose, it's surprising that there have been no other complaints.

I would expect store employees to know the policy on this, and customers to make themselves aware of policies before trying to use them.

And? You really need to contact Wal-Mart headquarters. An employee not following policy can subject them to disciplinary action up to firing.
It was just once he bought from there and I am not sure why he did then. They must have had something he really wanted. I don't think he has purchased from them since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter