Having problem with black water tank..

WE have just moved to the Dark side and bought a TT after having our Popup for 5 years. WE are Newbies to this whole "sewer" thingie. My question is when your Flushing the black tank where are you doing this? How do you have acess to a hose and dump tank?

I put water and bleach in the tank

A lot of the systems suggest you never use bleach in your holding tanks, since it could damage your sensors.

How do you have acess to a hose and dump tank?

A lot of campgrounds have sewers right on your site..and if not they have a place where you pull up your trailer and dump. You use a special hose for this (look in you trailer back bumber..if no hose, you'll have ot pick one up). When on site we use a "donut" and an elbow which keeps the hose pointed into the sewer. Usually you pull your gray water tank first, then follow up with black water. We have two grays, one black, and then we have a "fulsher" on the outside to clean them. If you dont' have a flusher, you might want ot snake a hose inside to make sure the toilet is clean from the inside. I have a built in sprayer I also use after it's been dumped to clean the top of the toilet.

If you don't know how to do this, just make sure you ahve a sewer hose, and visit the camper next to you..in most cases they'll be glad to help you out and show you how to work it.

If you buy your RV from a dealer, they generally have a one hour tour when you pick up showing how everythign works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter