Having Grandson in cabin with me

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
I would be sailing by myself with son, dil and GS (age 8 at the time) in another cabin.

Can you see any problems if we booked my GS in my cabin and just had son and DIL in the other cabin. This would save a fair amount of money.

My concerns are with the kids clubs, etc. would it be a problem if is one cabin and his parents in another?

No problem at all. Just link the 2 cabins. During your online check in, you're able to select which adults are able to check him out from kids club and take off the ship.

You'll need to do paperwork allowing him to leave the ship with his parents, and also to set-up who can check him out of the Club/Lab (if attending). His parents can put their credit card to cover his onboard account. BUT be aware he will need to attend muster with you and not his parents.

One suggestion -- leave the kid in the room with 1 parent and put the other parent in your room.

One suggestion -- leave the kid in the room with 1 parent and put the other parent in your room.
That will only solve half the trouble since the parent in the room with the child will be the only one allowed to him out of the clubs or take him off the ship, unless the same paperwork is filled. I don't see any real advantage to go that route in OP's case.

That will only solve half the trouble since the parent in the room with the child will be the only one allowed to him out of the clubs or take him off the ship, unless the same paperwork is filled. I don't see any real advantage to go that route in OP's case.
Yes...but it's the parents who then deal with the paperwork -- not grandma! PLUS the kid gets to muster with a parent, and in the event of a real emergency is with a parent.

No problem at all. Just link the 2 cabins. During your online check in, you're able to select which adults are able to check him out from kids club and take off the ship.
Exactly this. Not only are our cabins linked online, we also have connecting cabins, so we'll muster together anyway. We've done it before when my daughter was little, and we're doing it again when we go in August, only this time she'll be 14 so it's not really an issue with the kids clubs.

Yes...but it's the parents who then deal with the paperwork -- not grandma! PLUS the kid gets to muster with a parent, and in the event of a real emergency is with a parent.
I'm not sure if it's a recent change or not but we didn't have to do any paperwork for our cruise a few weeks ago. I had my niece, daughter and son in my room along with my husband and my sister, BIL and nephew were in another. We were able to do it all online during the online check in and had no problems with the kids club pick ups or getting off this ship between the staterooms.

If it can't be done online now, the form only requires grandma to sign and can be filed and filled by one of the parents. Splitting the couple will involve one parent having to use two keycards - one blank for the stateroom door and the other for everything else. And, at least in our case, when our son was 8yo, he would have been thrilled to do the muster with grandma instead of us, IF the cabins are not in the same station. I would presume and/or suggest that both cabins be connected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter