Having friends visit us at the resort

megs1313

DIS Veteran
We have friends that moved to the Orlando area last year. We want to see them while we're in town and they have APs, so we'll definitely hit a park together, but we'd like to do dinner or something on the night we arrive. How can we make parking work? We don't want to make an ADR with them because we don't know what time we will get in for sure. Can they park at the resort or will they need to park at Disney springs and take a bus???? Never been through this before. TIA!

We have friends that moved to the Orlando area last year. We want to see them while we're in town and they have APs, so we'll definitely hit a park together, but we'd like to do dinner or something on the night we arrive. How can we make parking work? We don't want to make an ADR with them because we don't know what time we will get in for sure. Can they park at the resort or will they need to park at Disney springs and take a bus???? Never been through this before. TIA!

Which resort?

They can’t just park at a resort for the evening and head to the parks. They could either park at the TTC or at whatever park you’re going to.

They can’t just park at a resort for the evening and head to the parks. They could either park at the TTC or at whatever park you’re going to.
That's not at all what I mean. They have APs. they can park at any of the parks. We want them to come visit us at the resort on the night we get in. Not to go swimming, not to eat at a table service. Just to hang out and visit.

Which resort?

CSR

That's not at all what I mean. They have APs. they can park at any of the parks. We want them to come visit us at the resort on the night we get in. Not to go swimming, not to eat at a table service. Just to hang out and visit.

CSR

Sorry, I thought you meant park at your resort and go from there. I agree, tell the guard at the gate and they shouldn’t have a problem. People visit the resorts all the time. Unless the parking lot is full ( not likely unless it’s The Contemporary) it’s not a problem.

They will just need to tell the guard at the gate who they are visiting and will need to show a drivers license. It's no problem we have people visit on every vacation.

Sorry, I thought you meant park at your resort and go from there. I agree, tell the guard at the gate and they shouldn’t have a problem. People visit the resorts all the time. Unless the parking lot is full ( not likely unless it’s The Contemporary) it’s not a problem.
Oh boy. I have friends and family that were going to come visit us at the Contemporary to "just hang out." Is a full Contemporary parking lot a thing?

Oh boy. I have friends and family that were going to come visit us at the Contemporary to "just hang out." Is a full Contemporary parking lot a thing?
It can be, you could always ask at the entrance. Worst case is they park at TTC and take the monorail to CR.

It’s happened, especially during busy times. They’re a little more particular with the Contemporary because it’s an easy way to get to the MK. People will attempt to park there, then go to the MK to avoid paying for parking. Makes it difficult for guests staying there as well.

You should be able to let security know they are coming and with you for that one night, seems like a reasonable request from someone staying at the resort.

You should be able to let security know they are coming and with you for that one night, seems like a reasonable request from someone staying at the resort.

I agree. It’s a lot different when a guest staying there asks than people just driving up with no ADRs.

We tried this once at the BWI and our friends had a lot of trouble getting past the guard gate. Even though they told them at the gate what they were coming to the resort for and even had our room number the guard didn't want to let them through. Another time that staying CL came in handy as they talked to the guard gate and they finally let them come through and park. As everything Disney you just never know if it will be allowed or not.

We tried this once at the BWI and our friends had a lot of trouble getting past the guard gate. Even though they told them at the gate what they were coming to the resort for and even had our room number the guard didn't want to let them through. Another time that staying CL came in handy as they talked to the guard gate and they finally let them come through and park. As everything Disney you just never know if it will be allowed or not.

While this is very true, in the OP's case it won't be an issue because of them staying at CSR. It can definitely be hit or miss at the deluxes that are next to a park. Like BWI, BC, YC, GF, Poly, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter