Having 2 Magic Bands at Once

Patrick N

Earning My Ears
Forgive me if this is just so basic that everyone should know! My sister in law has a generic Magic Band from last year and her daughter gave her a character one for this year's trip. We've done Disney for the past few years, but never really got into advance planning and this was the first Magic Band we ever got so we don't know the fine points of the new web based system.

I have a simple question. Can she go online and de-activate the old Magic Band, and then insert the new one? And if so, can she give that old one to another family member to register as their own?

Thanks for your help.

You can activate and deactivate any magic bands at any time. You can have multiple magic bands and have them all active if you'd like, but you can't transfer magic bands to other people though. As far as I know, you can't attach a new magic band to your account yourself. If you're getting your magic bands because you've booked a Disney resort, they'll automatically be attached to your account and you can assign them to the people in your travelling group. If you're buying one in the parks or online, I think you need to get a CM to attach it to your account for you.

Just verifying what the others have told you. She can add the new one. She can leave the old one active, it won't cause any problems. She can deactivate it if she wants. She can not transfer the old one to anyone else though. Once a MB has been connected to someone, that is where it stays.

You can add as many Magic Bands as you want, although there are sometimes problems with opening your resort room when you have a lot on your account. I probably have about 15 MBs on my account (and several others deactivated to decrease the room issues). I collect the special ones and I like to match them to my outfits. As others have mentioned, you cannot transfer a MB to another guest.

You can activate and deactivate any magic bands at any time. You can have multiple magic bands and have them all active if you'd like, but you can't transfer magic bands to other people though. As far as I know, you can't attach a new magic band to your account yourself. If you're getting your magic bands because you've booked a Disney resort, they'll automatically be attached to your account and you can assign them to the people in your travelling group. If you're buying one in the parks or online, I think you need to get a CM to attach it to your account for you.

You do not need a CM to attach a MB you purchased. I just ordered the Rapunzel one for my daughter off the store's website. There is a code on the back of the band. You need to link it to your account. That is what you input into MDE. It takes about 30 secs and is very easy.

You do not need a CM to attach a MB you purchased. I just ordered the Rapunzel one for my daughter off the store's website. There is a code on the back of the band. You need to link it to your account. That is what you input into MDE. It takes about 30 secs and is very easy.

Yes. Actually, it seems CMs don't activate them anymore anyway, at least at the POS. Maybe Guest Services still does. I was surprised. My wife bought a millennial pink band at the shop at AK's Discovery Island, and they didn't even offer to activate it. When she asked about that, they handed her an instruction card that explained how to do it on the app. It was still easy, but that wasn't a thing when we got our older MBs. Still, it took about 30 seconds.

We have many bands. She likes to coordinate for outfits, and I like collecting the special event ones, like the Epcot 35 and (hopefully) the DAK20.

We keep multiple magicbands active on each of our accounts. We mix and match colours to match our outfits each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter