Haven't been here in a long while, but wanted to share....

tiggerlover

<font color=33CC99>Still waiting for "the talk"<br
Hello WISHers, I haven't been here in a long time, but have reached another milestone in my journey that pretty much started here on WISH (see my signature for more information). Anyway, if anyone was around back then I want to say hey, hope you are doing well, if you have no idea who I am I hope some of what I have to say will inspire you in some way.

I was overweight all of my life, with the exception of two years in HS where I literally starved myself. I have joined and quit Weight Watchers twice, when I joined the third time I was determined to succeed and am happy to say I am a lifetime member who has maintained an almost 70 pound weight loss for 4 years. I wanted to share some things that I shared with my Facebook friends tonight, here are the highlights:

FINALLY!!! After all of these years of losing weight & being at my goal weight (actually 8# under) & maintaining for 4 years, I'm FINALLY out of the obese category & in the normal range for my BMI. Even though everyone has said I looked fine, I had the goal of officially no longer being "obese". Was very excited today when I plugged height & weight into the chart & it said NORMAL! :D

Weight Watchers changed my life, and it works because it isn't a diet, it is a lifestyle.

I just pulled out my first food journal from the beginning of this journey and wanted to share one of the entries: "I am still battling the food demons, they control everything it seems. I wonder when and where I will find the committment to lose this weight once and for all? I did well with my eating yesterday, not perfect, but better. It is a constant struggle, it is almost a losing battle...just not a losing weight battle! I need to find the will power, that is what I need....WILL POWER!!!" Somewhere along the way, with the support of many of you I found my way, so thanks for taking me through this journey. The entry the very next day says: "finally made it to the gym, worked out for 10 minutes and felt good so I kept going, at 17 minutes 30 seconds I was feeling the burn, but I pushed it to 20 minutes. Now if I could do that a couple of times a week I would be in business!" Three days after writing that entry I joined WISH. To think not long after that I made going to the gym 3 days a week (minimum) a priority and here 8+ years later I am still going.

I struggled for many years and thought I couldn't succeed, but I am here today to say YOU CAN DO THIS, you can succeed if you want it bad enough you can make the changes that will get you there. One of the quotes I have in that first journal is "Slow and steady, I am not there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday!" "Focus on progress, do not let slip-ups slow you down, acknowledge the slip up and move forward"

I "WISH" you all a successful journey....."Onward and Downward".

Congratulations on your accomplishment! :woohoo: And thank you for coming back and sharing and inspiring others! :cool2:

It sounds like you've done great on your own but if you ever feel like you need more WISH support, there is a maintainers group that is part of the Biggest Loser Challenge. We know maintainers have a separate set of challenges and didn't want to lose our nice folks once they'd made goal. There is a summer challenge going on now. Just a suggestion. :flower3:

I'm sure that you are so pleased and happy that all you hard work paid off! :thumbsup2

WOW! that's a great accomplishment!!! congrats to you! YOU did it! :)

thanks for inspiring the rest of us. i hope all of us w.i.s.h.ers see this post so we can all get inspired today!

Very inspiring! Love the journal entries. Some of my thoughts exactly except I've never written them down. Perhaps I should do that......

One thing I think that is different this time for me is that I really, really want to do this. I want it more than anything I've ever wanted in my life. I feel that there is no quitting this time. And I think thats a huge key to success. You have to want it bad.

Thank you all. One thing I have learned over the years is that support and inspiration is what propels you through your journey.

Lisa, thanks for the info on the maintainers group, I didn't realize such a group existed.

kkmcan, really wanting it is definitely a turning point, took me three tries at WW until I wanted it enough.

Good luck to each of you on your journey.

Great inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing! Now I can officially get off my tush and go downstairs to workout (and get off this board)!
Have a great day!
Elizabeth

I have joined and quit Weight Watchers twice, when I joined the third time I was determined to succeed and am happy to say I am a lifetime member who has maintained an almost 70 pound weight loss for 4 years.
Thanks Tiggerlover!!
I too am on my third time as a WW member and I won't let myself quit. Having said that, I have been a member for the past 10 weeks and only lost 1.5lbs :sad1: Like others, I have a hundred and one excuses as to why I can't track, can't excerise, can't....ect.
So yesterday started a new day, I went to my meeting determined to begin anew, I have tracked, excersized and following the rest of the healthy guidelines. I have also reached back out to the WISH community in search of inspiration and found stories such as your- thank you!
Kate

Wow! Thanks for coming back to let us know how you are. Congratulations! I am thrilled for you.

I have joined and quit Weight Watchers twice, when I joined the third time I was determined to succeed and am happy to say I am a lifetime member who has maintained an almost 70 pound weight loss for 4 years.

Thanks Tiggerlover!!
I too am on my third time as a WW member and I won't let myself quit. Having said that, I have been a member for the past 10 weeks and only lost 1.5lbs :sad1: Like others, I have a hundred and one excuses as to why I can't track, can't excerise, can't....ect.
So yesterday started a new day, I went to my meeting determined to begin anew, I have tracked, excersized and following the rest of the healthy guidelines. I have also reached back out to the WISH community in search of inspiration and found stories such as your- thank you!
Kate

Congratulations on your loss and maintanence, that is awesome!:banana:

There are always excuses, always things that keep us off track, but the great thing is that the dawn of a new day is always a friend to us because it is a new beginning.

Good luck on your continued journey.

Thanks all once again.

A month later and I am down another 2-3 pounds, I am happier and feeling so much better about my body these days. But now I have the critics that are saying you are too skinny.....not a chance, but nice of them to say. :)

((Tiggerlover)) I'm so glad to see you! and thank you for posting your current health status....wowser...you are truly an inspiration!

((Tiggerlover)) I'm so glad to see you! and thank you for posting your current health status....wowser...you are truly an inspiration!

Thank you. As you can tell I don't make it around here often, hoping things are well in your world!

Tiggerlover - good for you!! I am going to start WW as I have gained back some of the weight that I had lost. It was good to read your post - hoping you and your family are well. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter