have you seen the CNN Article "A Not so Magical Disney Vacation"?

PIRATEGIRL007

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=purple>OMG! I am ab
To sum it up a moron went to disney, had to wait in lines :scared1:, couldn't figure out the dining plan :confused3, and was upset b/c their travel agent ordered them the wrong tickets. Also the monorail broke down while they were there (the horror, oh the horror). So this whiner writes this fabulous journalist :rolleyes:and they contact disney and get them a $1,300 refund and a $100 gift card. Is it any wonder the prices continue to go up, its people like this that think they deserve something for nothing that cause issues and price increases for all of us.

Enjoy!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/05/01/disney.vacation/index.html

ps this journalists email address is at the bottom of the article if you would like to tell him how much you enjoyed it.

I think the TA should've been responsible for the ticket error - not Disney.

Seriously!! I could not imagine going through life being a whiner like that!!

POTC broke down while DD and I were on it and that is one of the stories we tell people, with a smile. It was the beginning of the ride, where it is pitch black and all we could hear over and over again for 15 minutes was "Dead men tell no tales". DD and I laughed and I tried to keep her occupied (looking at photos on my camera), but in the end it was funny - not upsetting. I even scrapbooked a page about it. I mean seriously, there is no worse palce to get stuck!! LOL!! I wish we had gotten stuck next to Captain Jack ;)

DH meanwhile was waiting in the gift shop. And waiting, and waiting. Even he laughed. It happens, but you cannot let it ruin your vacation and I would not think about complaing!!

At least the writer told him some of his complaints were out of line (monorail, fast pass wait). And like you said, it is not Disney's fault that the travel agent ordered the wrong tickets. To me, it seems the person had some pretty unrealistic expectations. Oh, and the fact that it took him "hours" to figure out gratuities on the dining plan...what does that say about him?

I wrote an email to the CNN reporter who wrote that story!! It is outrageous. Oh no... Soarin' had a 5 hour wait for a fast pass!! Imagine that!! The man's problem was he didn't plan adequately and he had no strategy. You don't get on a prime ride like that without arrivng early, using extra magic hours or getting a fast pass early. Not our fault. If that man was disgruntled enough not to go back again, then that's one less person in front of us in line!! Yeah

I am surprised he did not also complain about the weather, whatever it was at the time (too hot, cold, dry, humid, etc.). Unbelievable. Everyone wants something for nothing. :headache:If it was sooo bad he should have left at the first traumatic event for him!!!!

I sent a nice email to the writer. How ridiculous! The average person with common sense would not have a hard time with the Dining Plan. The other complaints are just dumb. I hope this guy never goes back:sad2:

What a ding dong he sounds like.

I am a Disney Noob (first trip taken just this past Aug 2008 with our friends from Iowa--"Grand Gathering" too).

I knew enough to do my homework way before the trip--we started studying 1.5 years before we planned to go. Some people just don't get it do they?

While some things did fall a bit short at least I knew how to deal with it and kept an open mind about everything. We were even pleasently suprised a few times throughout the parks with YOMD fast passes.

I think this guy did not have a clue as to how the fast passes were supposed to actually work. It doesn't mean that you will get immediately onto the ride they want the pass for. He needs to look at it in a different perspective such as ..... It is a means for him and his family to bypass the super long line at a later time. I wish everyone understood this concept. I think it would lessen some hostility from particular guests in the parks.

As for the dining plan... We even had the Deluxe Dining. I also did my homework on the way the plan functions. I even called WDW with particular questions before I made reservations regarding Gratuities and any other silly question we may have had prior to going. That way we knew how to deal with whatever unexpected situation may have popped up while we were there.

I just wish people would do their homework prior to going to WDW. Some people!! Waaa waaa waaa!:sick::sad2:

I'm not a 100% sure, but I think that person that was so unhappy with their trip posted to the dis about it. Anybody else remember reading this a few weeks ago?

I'm not a 100% sure, but I think that person that was so unhappy with their trip posted to the dis about it. Anybody else remember reading this a few weeks ago?

I thought it sounded familiar to me..maybe...:confused3

Let's not play that guy's game! He did not get good advice, had a lousy travel agent, didn't understand the dining plan and ran into 1 bad day when the monorail stopped. Big Deal! WDW is a city - not some carnival park. It is a resort that encompasses millions of people every year that love it there. I'm sorry he had trouble but this is the best vacation you can find!!!!:thumbsup2

That is terrible!

Why put a blame on Disney?

What is the use of an internet if you can't put it into use. There are tons of information in the internet to plan your trip and make it fun filled. Agree that you booked it with a travel agent but you should do some research as well. I don't mean to offense anyone its annoying how poor decision can ruin someone's reputation.:sad2:

No matter how you may try, some people cannot be pleased. He probably grumbled about the $1300.00 because it wasn't $1800.00, how dare Disney..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter