Have you rented a car from priceline?

Howdoyoudo

Earning My Ears
I know this had to be asked before-sorry, but if you did, how much did you pay? Thanks for any info.

I just won a bid for $14 a day. With taxes and fees including the PL fee, it came out to $19.74 a day for an intermediate car.
:)

We rented SUV with unlimited mileage for 9 days. After taxes and fees the total charges will be $396.82. We pick up the SUV from Hertz at RDU. We did this in 2001 and had a great experience with Hertz and priceline. Hertz gave us a choice of a Jeep Grand Cheerokee or Ford Explorere and even gave us a choice of colors!!!

Be aware, if you are late, like I was on my last trip you, you lose your reservation. When I contacted the car rental place to modify the reservation for pick up to a day later they were all set to do it until they learned it was a priceline.com ressie. "Sorry can't help you," was the response.

Also if you are going to return it an hour or so past the time of return check with the agency. You might be charged for an additional day instead of an hourly charge or grace period.

We too were told that a late return would result in an extra day's fee. Thankfully, in the three times we have rented via Priceline, we have always made it back with plenty of time to spare. There is also no leeway on the pickup...one night we were scheduled to get to MCO at midnight, but the plane got in early. Even though I got to the rental desk at 11:55, I had to wait 5 minutes for their computer to click over to my rental time. With Avis, we did get an upgrade on a Priceline rental...I think that's pretty rare.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter