Have you or would you take your child's friend along on a Disneyland or World vacation

I am going to speak from a different view. When I was younger we went on a trip to WDW. It was our first as a family and our only as a family. My parents were kind enough to let me bring a friend. I do have a sibling. While we had a great time and my friend was no problem at all I wish my parents said no. Looking back I wish they made it a family only trip where my sibling and I spent the trip doing stuff together and we didn't have memories and photos of a friend in there. There is a significant age difference between myself and my sibling and I know my parents let me bring a friend because they knew I would enjoy it. It is not their fault. They were trying to do something nice. I just think the trip would have had a different dynamic if it was just the 4 of us. I am grown and no longer friends with that person and will probably never see them again. I can understand if you have an only child but if there are siblings, imo, vacations should be family only. A day trip is one thing. Spending a week together? No thank you.

I have taken our children s friends on vacation with us. Mostly smaller vacation ones, never Disney.

I would take them again.

Every time I have ever offered to take someone else child with us, we insist on paying for everything. I treat them just like I would my own children ei if we are all getting tee shirts so is dd friend.

I don't have kids myself, but I've been taken along to both Disney and to other places. It was a lot of fun and I paid for anything extra like souvenirs and etc. We've also brought people on family trips when I was younger too, and we all had a blast! It seems to be something that was big in our family. All of my cousins brought friends at some point, so we always had someone to play with. :dance3:

My parents brought 2 friends of ours (twins) when I was a kid and as a parent, I brought my son's best friend (another second parent situation). Was great both times!

Thinking back, no we wouldn't have brought one of Tex Jr.'s friends with us if we had gone to WDW while he was still living at home. Finances would be one reason, but the other is that we think that kids need to go on vacations with their own families, even if those aren't as nice as yours (or ours), or their family doesn't go at all (like mine). That's just my opinion, of course.

My DD is on a Universal trip right now with her BFs family. This is the 2nd time they have taken her and I have to say a HUGE thanks to them for taking her. She knows how to travel because we use to travel often, but due to many family things going on, vacations haven't happened and won't for a few more years. The kids are older and DD has a job so she has her own money, but I do know they pay for many things for her. They have a timeshare, so lodging is taken care of and DD has a season pass to Universal so her park ticket is paid for and they drove down and the girls will fly home. The girls are with her parents this week and next week her friends brother will go down with his friend and the girls will be back in school.

Never did, never will. We consider "big vacations" our family time.

DD took a friend last summer to a campground about 2 hours away with my mom and stepdad. The mother never told us the girl (10) was never away from home other than at the grandparents.

My kids dont get homesick . DS went to an overnight sports camp with friends at 10 years old. DD has been away for sports tournaments with other families . Never thought to ask about it.

It wasnt even a day and she was bawling and carrying on. The dad ended up coming to get her.
Couldnt do that if we were in FL.
Just too many things that could go wrong.

We used to take my DD's friend with us n vacation. Granted, we did nto have airplane travel, but we paid for everything from start to finish. We also brought our nieces and nephews on vacations. I would not hesitate if I knew the child would not get homesick.

Back in the day we let each child have a friend along on two trips. They all had a nice time.

My kids are too small for me to agree to bring any of their friends, but my parents often let me bring a friend(I was an only child until I was almost 13).
They paid for park tix, hotel, and meals and friend brought their own spending money(though if I had a snack or something outside of a normal meal, my parents wouldn't leave my friend out or make them spend their spending money on that.)
It was always a good time!

We have once. Just depending on the situation we might do it again. I only asked them to buy her pass for the parks and spending money. It was dd friend it was two years ago so they were about 13. We had no problems with her but my only complaint is dd and her wanted to do their own thing so we didn't see them too much once we got to the parks. With dd being my only girl she has three brothers we usually are riding buddies. SO I missed that. Right after the trip they got in a big fight and never spoke again. After being bff for quite a few years/

I think that's so sweet of you.

I would never do it...we took DS11's friend to an amusement park with us one day and he wouldn't ride ANYTHING. At first I thought his friend was scared of the big rides...no problem...but no...he wouldn't ride the bumper cars, merry go round, or ANY ride, even the ones for preschool children. Our whole family was disappointed. These kind of experiences are why we don't bring other kids with us.

My parents let me bring a friend when we went to disney ( i was 15 years old and I am now 35 years old) I still remember that trip over some of the others I went on when I was a child.

We have done this twice, with totally different outcomes. I think it depends on your family dynamic and of course the child you bring along. My husband never really relaxes when we have extra people along with us, so we have learned if he is going not to bring along a friend. Good luck and I hope you have a fabulous time!

I am sort of doing this in a few weeks. I am going with my best friend, her two girls, 7 and 13 and my three kids, 5, 5 and 11. The children are growing up together and are friends. My friend is like a sister. They are staying in our two br villa at Kidani. I bought passes for her girls, but my friend paid their air and her pass. We are eating two table service meals--I'm treating them to a princess meal and my friend is buying lunch at Sci Fi. We will eat two meals a day in the villa.

I hope all goes well and I have high hopes it will. We have talked plainly about expectations. I'm thrilled to be showing them disney for the first time. This is a trip they would never be able to take and they will be company for me since dh can't travel with us this time. I think we will make some great memories.

I haven't done it but I would consider it down the road. I would have to like the friend though, I couldn't bring a whiny child along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter