Have you had these foods?

BriannaRuth

DIS Veteran
Just looking over some DL menus to see what's new, or at least new to me. I've been to many of these places but there are things I haven't tried. Opinions on any of the following items would be appreciated!

Award Wieners, DCA - Peaches and Cream Funnel Cake Fries
Blue Ribbon Corn Dog, DTD - Pickle Corn Dog or Sriracha Corn Dog (corn dog wrapped in a pickle sounds pretty wild)
Cafe Orleans, DL - Macarons
Cappuccino Cart, DCA - Egg Foam Iced Coffee, Vietnamese Iced Coffee
Carnation Cafe, DL - Fried Pickles
Cozy Cone, DCA - Loaded Fried Tamale
Flo's V8, DCA - How does the fried chicken compare to Carnation Cafe?
Galactic Grill, DL - Starlight Taro Tea, does it taste like taro? Blackberry Sky Splash - Is it very sweet?
Jolly Holiday, DL - Been here often, get the Mickey Macaron every time. Other favorites?
Lamplight Lounge, DCA - Spiced Ham Benedict
Paradise Garden Grill, DCA - Pork Banh Mi Sandwich, Korean BBQ Chicken
Pym's Test Kitchen, DCA - Musubi Pretzel Metamorphosis
River Belle Terrace, DL - Fried Chicken Sandwich, Burnt Ends Pasta, Burnt Ends Grilled Cheese
Royal Street Veranda, DL- Waffle Cristo, Pimento Cheese Fritters
Smokejumpers, DCA - Onion Rings
Studio Catering, DCA - Char Sui Ribs
Terran Treats, DL - Cosmic Orb
Troubadour Tavern, DL - Serengeti Stew
Wine Country Trattoria, DCA - Calamari

The only one in that entire list I've had recently are the onion rings at Smokejumpers. They were... okay. A bit overfried and too crispy for me; I'll likely just stick with the no-added-cost fries as my side the next time.

I've had the spiced ham benedict at Lamplight Lounge. it was a brunch item, i believe.
The ham flavor was a bit odd to me. Not terrible, just unusual. I don't think I can even describe it.
But everything else on the plate was great.

The fried chicken at Flo's is exactly the same as Plaza Inn. (That said, Plaza Inn gives you a biscuit and Flo's does not.)

I'm not a huge fan of the fried pickles at Carnation, because I think they are too thick. The breading is good and the pickle is good, but I prefer a different ratio of breading to pickle, personally.

The onion rings at Smokejumpers are good.

At Jolly Holiday, I like the toasted cheese sandwich & tomato soup combo (literally just ate it 3 hours ago, lol). The cinnamon roll is also delicious.

I'll be trying the Char Siu ribs tomorrow at DCA, so I'll let ya know.

At Jolly Holiday I always get the breakfast sandwich, and the Matterhorn Macaroon is great.

At Pym's I love the the french toast breakfast plate and the giant pretzel. The chicken sandwich is also really good.

I haven't heard of the Waffle Cristo and now I HAVE to try it.

The fried chicken at Flo's is exactly the same as Plaza Inn. (That said, Plaza Inn gives you a biscuit and Flo's does not.)

I'm not a huge fan of the fried pickles at Carnation, because I think they are too thick. The breading is good and the pickle is good, but I prefer a different ratio of breading to pickle, personally.

The onion rings at Smokejumpers are good.

At Jolly Holiday, I like the toasted cheese sandwich & tomato soup combo (literally just ate it 3 hours ago, lol). The cinnamon roll is also delicious.

I think we have the same tastes. I haven’t tried onion rings yet but the above said they were too crispy. Probably perfect for me. 🤣

Award Wieners, DCA - Peaches and Cream Funnel Cake Fries - Never had it
Blue Ribbon Corn Dog, DTD - Pickle Corn Dog or Sriracha Corn Dog (corn dog wrapped in a pickle sounds pretty wild) - I LOVE pickles and corn dogs so was super excited for this but didn't really like it to much. It was ok but would not get it again, my father in law who was way less excited however really enjoyed it.
Cafe Orleans, DL - Macarons - Never had it
Carnation Cafe, DL - Fried Pickles - One of my favourite things!!! They were so good and I loved the dipping sauce.
Cozy Cone, DCA - Loaded Fried Tamale -Never had it but want too!!!
Flo's V8, DCA - How does the fried chicken compare to Carnation Cafe? - Never had it because if I'm getting fried chicken I go to Plaza inn, love it there!
Smokejumpers, DCA - Onion Rings - These were good, I enjoyed them better than my burger which wasn't the best
That's all I could help you with.

Award Wieners, DCA - Peaches and Cream Funnel Cake Fries - I find Award Wieners to consistently do well with their seasonal funnel cake fries. These were good, not my top flavor they've offered, but definitely good.

Blue Ribbon Corn Dog, DTD - Pickle Corn Dog or Sriracha Corn Dog (corn dog wrapped in a pickle sounds pretty wild) - I had the pickle corn dog, but it was a long time ago now. I remember being surprised it was tastier than expected, but not something I feel the need to have again.

Carnation Cafe, DL - Fried Pickles - good, reliable option

Flo's V8, DCA - How does the fried chicken compare to Carnation Cafe? - yummy, but i like being able to get double mash at and the biscuit at Plaza Inn. I also like that I can take it to go at Plaza.

Jolly Holiday, DL - Been here often, get the Mickey Macaron every time. Other favorites?
The coconut macaron is tasty and currently the Banoffee Pie is a standout for anyone who likes banana cream pie flavors.

Haven't had the chicken yet, but have seen the plates and it looks really good. Size-wise, it's similar to the chicken at Tiana's, maybe actually bigger.
I only had a small bit as I'm not a big fan of pork banh mi, but my sister had a full-size sandwich and really liked it. She said it's salty, but in a makes sense for the sandwich way. The filling was very generous.

The waffle cristo would be better if consistently served warm, but it gets brought over in a transit box from elsewhere. The serving size is quite small. I like this in theory, but the execution falls a bit short. I wish too they served them a little longer on weekends, until 11.

Smokejumpers, DCA - Onion Rings - usually pretty consistently good. I can't remember how I like these compared to ones at Hungry Bear.

Studio Catering, DCA - Char Sui Ribs - these were surprisingly large and meaty. Very tangy sauce. I don't love ribs, but ate one of these completely and enjoyed it.

Terran Treats, DL - Cosmic Orb - I've had this, but can't remember what I thought of it!

As there is a lot of talk about the fried chicken..... likely the best fried chicken is just down the road at the 3rd gate of Disneyland....

https://maps.app.goo.gl/bxigvaApGx7ZpfRh9

Edit - it's a lot of food for the money. If you go, go hungry :)
Last time we went to eat at that restaurant was August 2018 and it was terrible. We were extremely disappointed in the quality and the taste of the food. It wasn’t what I remembered at all. I hope it has improved since then.

Circling back on this and I thought the Char Siu ribs were excellent! Very tender and flavorful and the peanuts add a nice little crunch.

I think we have the same tastes. I haven’t tried onion rings yet but the above said they were too crispy. Probably perfect for me. 🤣

Honestly, I like MOST onion rings, as long as they aren't too soggy or cooked in old grease. But the Smokejumpers one definitely pass the test for me.

Last time we went to eat at that restaurant was August 2018 and it was terrible. We were extremely disappointed in the quality and the taste of the food. It wasn’t what I remembered at all. I hope it has improved since then.
We were there spring of 2023. Was very good experience. Chicken was way better than Flo's. Haven't been to Plaza in a solid decade or so so I'll have to get back there and check it out to compare. Perhaps I'll do both during our spring break trip :)

Just looking over some DL menus to see what's new, or at least new to me. I've been to many of these places but there are things I haven't tried. Opinions on any of the following items would be appreciated!

Award Wieners, DCA - Peaches and Cream Funnel Cake Fries
Blue Ribbon Corn Dog, DTD - Pickle Corn Dog or Sriracha Corn Dog (corn dog wrapped in a pickle sounds pretty wild)
Cafe Orleans, DL - Macarons
Cappuccino Cart, DCA - Egg Foam Iced Coffee, Vietnamese Iced Coffee
Carnation Cafe, DL - Fried Pickles
Cozy Cone, DCA - Loaded Fried Tamale
Flo's V8, DCA - How does the fried chicken compare to Carnation Cafe?
Galactic Grill, DL - Starlight Taro Tea, does it taste like taro? Blackberry Sky Splash - Is it very sweet?
Lamplight Lounge, DCA - Spiced Ham Benedict
Pym's Test Kitchen, DCA - Musubi Pretzel Metamorphosis
River Belle Terrace, DL - Fried Chicken Sandwich, Burnt Ends Pasta, Burnt Ends Grilled Cheese
Smokejumpers, DCA - Onion Rings
Studio Catering, DCA - Char Sui Ribs
Terran Treats, DL - Cosmic Orb
Troubadour Tavern, DL - Serengeti Stew
Wine Country Trattoria, DCA - Calamari
Galatic Grill - Starlight Taro Tea - It was ok, but it had an artificial taro flavor, and the popping boba isn't my preference, I believe it was blueberry flavored? Pretty drink though!
20240123_165745.jpg
Jolly Holiday - Tomato and Grilled Cheese Combo is delish. The Matterhorn Macaroon is so good, and they know it, which is why they've raised the price consistently lol
Paradise Garden Grill - Banh Mi is very tasty, although I had the sip/savor portion which was tiny, the full sandwich looked very filling for a Banh Mi.
Royal Street Veranda - Waffle Cristo, not worth it for the size and price; it was underwhelming. A bit salty due to the ham, but the waffle itself was good.

Absolutely agree. It used to be a family favorite, and now, the quality has gone down imo. The chicken's only flavor was salt, not crispy. The mashed potatoes were overly salty and inedible. The only thing I enjoy is their Turkey pot pie and the boysenberry pie.

Last edited:
We were there spring of 2023. Was very good experience. Chicken was way better than Flo's. Haven't been to Plaza in a solid decade or so so I'll have to get back there and check it out to compare. Perhaps I'll do both during our spring break trip :)
What restaurant is it? The link isn't loading for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter