Have you had an issue that only Disney IT dept can fix?

kmermaid

DIS Veteran
If so how long did it take for them to resolve the problem? I have two reservations that are linked and member services can not unlinked them. I have spoken with four different MS and one on chat. This was sent over to IT last Saturday so today it has been six days. My issue is the points are due to expire in March 2021 so not only do I need to get the reservation cancelled and rebooked I also need to book flights get time off work for myself and DH and all the other little things that need to be done to go away.

I am trying to cancel the reservation I can't. Told to call MS. They can't cancel because the reservations are linked and they have tried different ways to unlink but they can't. Now they say IT has to do it.

Why aren't they holding the reservation for you while they work on it?

I have been told by MS they are but getting conflicting information from different reps. The last one said they were holding the last four days when I requested 7 days. Now I am told they are holding all 7 days. But they won't send me any physical proof that these days are being held. If I had that I would feel less anxious about the situation. All confirmation is verbal.

Any experiences with IT fixing point issues?

I had an issue where I had both an unactivated AP and a 1 day ticket. It kept auto assigning my AP first, when I wanted to only use the 1 day ticket. I waited about 20 minutes on the phone to get the first person, who referred me to tech help. I then waited another 45 minutes for them to pick up. They were very helpful once I was able to get through to them, though.

Yes we had one issue and their IT was great. We were on the phone for an hour to fix it.
We had our annual trip scheduled and had all our ADR's, FP's and the trip was almost there!
Then our daughter and granddaughter decided to come with us as our room sleeps 4. So she was added to our account, No problem. BUT I found out that all of my husbands reservations were gone! just gone! No room reservation, or adr's or fp's or magic band. I tried to fix it myself but couldn't do it.
I was very impressed with the IT department (it was before they got rid of their IT and hired it out, or whatever they did) They got everything back. We were so relieved because we were set to leave in about a week!

When I have different stays on my memberships, I have only had them note and they have never linked them on any way that prohibited cancellation

Hearing your experience tells me to never allow it to happen. Uggg. Hope it gets resolved soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter