Have you gotten sick on (or after) a ride?

If 3-D bothers you you can always just close your eyes, or, if you still want to see, in lieu of taking off the glasses, which will make the images blurry, you can close or cover on eye. The image will look 2-D but still be clear.

Be careful of Mission: SPACE as that uses a 3-D view screen that does not require glasses, so you can't really escape the 3-D effect without looking away. Also, do not look away on Mission: SPACE Orange, as turning your head while spinning and experiencing the G-forces can make you feel even more sick. Close your eyes on that one should you need to.
I'll keep all this in mind! Miiiiight need to try Mission Space "green" first, though.

I didn't think Soarin' would be an issue initially because I've seen brief clips and it looks fine, but maybe I'll start with that (we're rope dropping Epcot on our first day, anyway) and from there, work my way up the list. It appears Mission Space Orange is the final boss for anyone prone to nausea!

When I was 21 and could ride anything, Body Wars did me in. I have never felt that awful, and I can't believe I didn't hurl. It totally caught me off guard, I had season passes to Kings Island every summer and rode spinny rides constantly. Did not see that coming.
Now that I am much older, I am more prone to motion sickness. I have never, and will never, set foot on Mission Space.
Star Tours I have done, usually once per trip, but each time it gets a little worse, so I think I am done there.
RnR oddly doesn't bother me at all, it's my favorite. EE I can do if I sit in the front. I can't sit in the back on that one, the backwards part for some reason makes me ill if I sit in the back.
Space Mountain I can do, barely. If it were any longer I would be done, but it always seems to end just in time.

Ah yes, sitting in front vs back... I'm like that in cars sometimes, if the driver takes sharp turns a lot :scared: and it's pretty common for people with car sickness to feel better sitting in the front/looking at the horizon than in the back. Good point to remember for rides!

I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned Rock'n'Roller coaster as a problem ride! I thought the upside down parts = stomach contents flying out at warp speed for nauseous folks. But if not, that gives me hope.

I am very cognizant of what I can do and what I can't do! I like EE, but only once in the day. I really don't like going backwards, but just when I think I can't take it anymore, it goes forward. :p Once DD talked me into a second ride and that was the last time!
I don't do teacups unless I have full control of the spinning (or NO SPINNING, in my case!) and I really dislike Space Mountain. But, I think that's the "darkness" aspect. I remember almost having an anxiety attack on that Drew Carey attraction in HS years ago. TOTAL darkness sort of freaks me out. lol:scared:
I also don't do "upside down", EVER. Never getting me on RR.:rockband: Star Tours and Mission Space, nope. Not happening.

I DO love ToT, Test Track, Big Thunder Mountain (my favorite), and Splash Mountain. And, who DOESN'T love a spin around the People Mover?!:rolleyes: "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow!"

I felt queasy after riding EE one time, but I wasn't feeling that great before I went on. I was overheated and hadn't eaten much so the ride just exacerbated an already dicey situation. 99.9% of the time I'm fine on there. RRNC is just a big no for me--felt icky after riding it and unlike that one weird time on EE, I felt fine before I rode RRNC. Needless to say it was a one and done for me :crazy2:

Lol my DSis might kill me for this but she got sick on Goofy's Barnstormer :rolleyes1 Her daughter still teases her about getting sick on that ride and always points out the bathroom where everything she ate presented itself again :lmao:We are so mean--no sympathy at all. I'm afraid she will never live that one down :stir:

Teacups and Star Tours for me! I have not actually gotten sick, but sure feel icky on those rides!
Star Tours is ok if you are in the middle - but if you're sitting on one of the sides - wow, that really make me feel sick.

I got sick after riding Expedition Everest 2 times in a row. I was find after the first ride, and we all loved it, so we decided to go into the single rider line and go again right after. BIG MISTAKE. :laughing::crazy2: I new about a minute into it, it was a bad idea. I ddn't throw up for the record, just felt really nauseous for about half an hour afterwards. I still ride it, but never twice in a row! (Yes I am prone to motion sickness and that is the only time I got sick from a ride in Disney)

I wouldn't say I got sick, but I certainly felt funny after I got off of Mission Space and that feeling of just feeling off lasted for about an hour. I will not do the ride again even though it is a spectacular ride.

My poor daughter. She's 31 now and has been going to WDW since she was 7. NOBODY is a bigger Disney Freak than she is, but ohhh, the motion sickness. In no particular order, she has become physically ill (not always barfing, but almost) on: Tea Cups, Star Tours, Nearly everything in Disney Quest, Expedition Everest, Mission Space, Body Wars, THE BOAT FROM EPCOT TO DHS, Soarin', Prince Charming's Carousel, Mickey's Philharmagic, The Sea with Nemo and Friends, the shows in China and Canada and once, the bus back to the resort. Talk about a trouper.

My poor daughter. She's 31 now and has been going to WDW since she was 7. NOBODY is a bigger Disney Freak than she is, but ohhh, the motion sickness. In no particular order, she has become physically ill (not always barfing, but almost) on: Tea Cups, Star Tours, Nearly everything in Disney Quest, Expedition Everest, Mission Space, Body Wars, THE BOAT FROM EPCOT TO DHS, Soarin', Prince Charming's Carousel, Mickey's Philharmagic, The Sea with Nemo and Friends, the shows in China and Canada and once, the bus back to the resort. Talk about a trouper.
:eek: Your poor daughter indeed! I'm surprised she still goes, but there is plenty to do outside of that list. Has she tried bonine or dramamine for motion sickness?

I don't get nauseous motion sickness, but too much rattling will give me awful headaches and a general icky feeling. I can't do Space Mountain or Rock n Roller Coaster more than once in a row. Primeval Whirl, never again.

I can go on any ride, and don't ever get sick. Until I rode Mission Space, there is a good reason that ride has puke bags on it. I didn't toss my cookies, but I came close LOL

Oh, Toy Story Mania is the one I meant. Didn't get the right name. I enjoyed Buzz Lightyear, but saw read somewhere that Toy Story could cause motion sickness in some people so I was wondering how it was. Is it basically the same as Buzz but differently themed? I had no problem with the Buzz Lightyear ride.

Ahhhh, this is something I hadn't thought of. Watching movies in a theater with the 3D glasses usually makes me feel a bit nauseous (so I always save $2-5 by going 2D ;) ). Not enough to get sick and throw up, but that's something I'll need to watch for as far as 3D rides and moving around. The tip for taking off 3D glasses is spot on!

TSMM is probably my favorite ride in all of WDW. My mom cannot handle most simulations or IMAX (She would probably have Mission Space shutdown for a Code V in seconds if she ever rode), but she loves TSMM. It has not bothered her and we have rode it 2 or 3x in a row. Just one perspective!

I've never...expelled anything, but I have fallen quesy before. I am usually great on the green side of Mission Space and then for no reason, one day I got very, very nauseous and had to take a break to sit in the shade and eat a little something. I was a bit hungry so it could've just magnified it, but still, it was not fun. (Don't let that dissuade you though!)

Another memorial moment was the teacups - again, something I've ridden many times without issue. This time, my friends spun it very fast the entire time and I stupidly looked around instead of focusing. Got up to exit the cup and immediately fell to the ground, the world spinning. A CM did try to assist but my friend got to me first and after a few minutes on a bench, I was all good. Primeval Whirl and the Matterhorn have made my back very angry but I still love them!

This is why I might never do ToT or orange Mission Space ever though!

ETA: I could DEFINITELY see how TSMM could make someone queasy too. I had forgotten about that until I saw the above post, but in DL last week it seemed much more..chaotic? of movement than I remember. I was fine with the 3D aspect but the swerving was way more than I remembered. I would still try it though!

Mission space the first time I did it because it was the A side and I don't do well with enclosed spaces...just a really churny stomach. I also used to like roller coasters but RR and a few of the others just freak me out! I'm really sensitive to sound so loud noises can send me into MAJOR panic attacks! to me, they are worse then getting sick!

I don't know if this counts, but my cousin once had an accident on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (about age 6-7). Left a big puddle in the bottom of the car and his dad didn't realize until they got out! The next people were able to stop before they stepped in! We still don't let him live it down

Not sick, but my 6 year got a bloody nose right as the doors closed at tower of terror. I didn't have anything to stop it. When the ride ended he was covered in blood. His face neck hands arms shirt shorts legs. No one noticed except for the people next to us. We were in the back. That guy got him out of his seat belt since both us had bloody hands. I always wondered what that ride photo looked like! As we walked off the ride, I told a stunned ride attendant that he would need to clean up the blood in the back row. I kept walking trying to get him to a bathroom to clean up. Another slightly hysterical ride attendant stopped us before we headed down the hall to the photo screens. She said, "Please! You have to stop and let me help you." I don't know what I was thinking other than just getting him cleaned up. If we had made it out into a public area it would have caused such a scene. She led us into an employee area and next thing I knew we were surrounded by bosses and EMTs. I had to sign refusing an ambulance trip to the hospital. They asked both of us to explain what happened - which was nothing, over and over. (It really was just an awful bloody nose at a really bad time. He has since had surgery to stop them) The bosses sent someone out into the park to buy him an entire new outfit, they gave him fast passes for 2 rides and coupons for Mickey ice cream bars. They were really good to both of us especially considering this was in no way their fault.

Oh, wow, poor kid! And poor you!
Disney really stepped up amazingly, though, I must say.

I am definitely prone to motion sickness.
On our last trip, our 2nd ride was Space Mountain. I hadn't eaten anything yet (we rope dropped) and I felt yuck after that ride. Rode later in the week with food in the belly and did fine.
On Expedition Everest the backwards part always gets me. Ugh. I can pretty much just do it once. There was no line, so most of our group went 4-5 times in a row, but I just stayed in the gift shop under the AC vent after the first ride. LOL.
Mission Space--I did the green side and did....OK...but I could tell orange would have had me out of commission for a while!
Did Primeval Whirl for the first time. I was really worried, but no problems at all. I was amazed! I liked it and will do it again in November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter