• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and the Mrs. are done. Curious if anyone else feels at ease now that they are vaccinated. What I mean is if you are less worried if people are not masked around you? Other than myself, my whole family got Covid in January, luckily the kids literally had a fever for half a day and that was the extent of it. For my DW she had flu symptoms for about 4 days and was back to herself in a week or so. How I never got it from them is still a mystery. lol

Me and the Mrs. are done. Curious if anyone else feels at ease now that they are vaccinated. What I mean is if you are less worried if people are not masked around you? Other than myself, my whole family got Covid in January, luckily the kids literally had a fever for half a day and that was the extent of it. For my DW she had flu symptoms for about 4 days and was back to herself in a week or so. How I never got it from them is still a mystery. lol
I'm finally starting to feel more at ease. It almost takes a conscious effort to retrain my thought patterns again. I had lunch out with a friend for the first time in a year 2 days ago and I'm seeing another friend for lunch today.

My 78 year old mother got her second moderna shot two days ago.
She had no reaction to the first shot.
Six hours after this shot, she woke up feeling horrible; nausea, racing heart, fever.
Just got a call that the ambulance is taking her to the hospital this morning.
Only one family member allowed into the ER so sister will text us all as things unfold.

I'm finally starting to feel more at ease. It almost takes a conscious effort to retrain my thought patterns again. I had lunch out with a friend for the first time in a year 2 days ago and I'm seeing another friend for lunch today.
It is totally retraining. Both adults in the house are vaccinated, DD7 isn’t and won’t be for several months at least I assume. We have now done stuff with the vaccinated grandparents, and the first times going in their house was weird.

My 78 year old mother got her second moderna shot two days ago.
She had no reaction to the first shot.
Six hours after this shot, she woke up feeling horrible; nausea, racing heart, fever.
Just got a call that the ambulance is taking her to the hospital this morning.
Only one family member allowed into the ER so sister will text us all as things unfold.
Update:
Mom has AFib.
The ER doc said it is probably a coincidence that it started the same night as her shot.
She has no history of heart trouble.
We had a family friend who lost her daughter this month 4 hours after receiving the vaccine (undetected heart defect).
It's all unsettling with the timing of the shot.

Update:
Mom has AFib.
The ER doc said it is probably a coincidence that it started the same night as her shot.
We had a family friend who lost her daughter this month 4 hours after receiving the vaccine (undetected heart defect).
:grouphug:

Got my first Moderna around noon yesterday, got home and immediately threw up a couple of times which I was not expecting! Had a headache and nausea that lasted for about twelve hours, slept well and woke up with just a sore arm. I almost never throw up so I was a bit taken aback by that particular side effect - had prepared myself for aches, chills, fever, headache. A little nervous about worse symptoms after the second shot but at least I am halfway there!

We got our first Pfizer dose 2 weeks ago (Ages 49, 46 and 16- No underlying conditions- location- WV). We got them at 5pm on a Friday evening and the next day we were all doing yard work with only sore arms. We are due to get the second one next Friday. We don't have the appt yet but my goal it to go Friday again so we have the weekend to "stay home and stay in bed, if need be". I even plan on going food shopping for the following week Thursday night so there is food in the house for all incase we feel crappy. I'm assuming the worse and hoping for the best, but with getting it on a Friday I'm hoping by that Monday this household will be ready for Work and School without missing a beat!

Update:
Mom has AFib.
So sorry this has happened. I understand being unsettled by it. But try to remember correlation doesn’t equal causation.

I hope your mom starts feeling better soon. I imagine that was very scary for her. I’m glad she went in to be seen.

Update:
Mom has AFib.

She might have had the Afib before this, but it was undetected. Afib often goes undiagnosed for awhile and it is usually found when looking for something else.

A fever normally causes a racing heart and nausea is a known side effect of the vaccine. I can see how she woke up feeling awful with those three symptoms and then perhaps got worked up and stressed about it, and when she went to the ER, they did a standard cardiac workup and found the Afib.

My husband was once suffering from upper back spasms so bad he couldn't move. After 2 days of not being able to sleep, I took him to the ER in the middle of the night for some pain relief. Unexpectedly (to me), they jumped into full cardiac screening mode, and started looking for evidence of a heart attack or pulmonary embolism, due to the location of the pain. It ended up just being muscular, but during that workup, his EKG uncovered a slight abnormality in his heart rhythm that he otherwise might have never found, which led him to see a cardiologist to rule out a serious heart issue.

You might take some comfort in the fact that Afib has never been associated with vaccines and that now she has the knowledge that she has this condition so it can be treated before it leads to something worse. And you can be happy she got vaccinated because Afib is a serious risk factor for a poor Covid outcome.

I hope your mom feels better soon.

Update:
Mom has AFib.
DH has Afib has well secondary to a heart condition. He has a pacemaker and on meds and does well. He used to have frequent episodes. It definitely can be scary, but rest assured it is very common especially in seniors, it can be treated, and it was not related to the vaccine. Hope she feels better.

DH has Afib has well secondary to a heart condition. He has a pacemaker and on meds and does well. He used to have frequent episodes. It definitely can be scary, but rest assured it is very common especially in seniors, it can be treated, and it was not related to the vaccine. Hope she feels better.

My dad's Afib was discovered after he passed out while backing out of a parking space and crashed into another car. He was 69 at the time and also got a pacemaker implanted and has been fine since. That was 5 years ago.

Got my first Moderna around noon yesterday, got home and immediately threw up a couple of times which I was not expecting! Had a headache and nausea that lasted for about twelve hours, slept well and woke up with just a sore arm. I almost never throw up so I was a bit taken aback by that particular side effect - had prepared myself for aches, chills, fever, headache. A little nervous about worse symptoms after the second shot but at least I am halfway there!
Most of my family in SC and GA has been vaccinated. The symptoms were like a mild version of what you've heard from other folks that had the actual virus.... makes sense. It ranged from nothing (and a lot of people I know tested positive with no symptoms) to mild versions of stomach and fever, malaise, etc... I think to myself, "could your reaction be a more toned down version of how you would have done had you contracted the virus?" Anyway. Next Thursday for my second round of Moderna and I expect to take the next day off.

That is a very interesting thought...

It is something that has been mentioned a few times. It's an interesting theory, but I'm not sure how much merit it has, as this isn't really the case with other vaccines.

Of all the people I know who have been vaccinated, the person who had the absolute easiest time with both shots was a woman my age (42) who is morbidly obese with T2 diabetes. She felt absolutely fine after both Moderna shots, like she hadn't even gotten them. I very much doubt Covid would have been so kind to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter