Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH got his 2nd Pfizer today at a mass vaccination site. I had him take DD17 and go at the very end of the day in case she could get a leftover vaccine. He asked 2 people and they told him no. He asked a 3rd person who was kind enough to go to the 10 different stations and she ended up finding 1 leftover dose. So DD filled out her paperwork and she got her 1st dose :) It pays to be persistent sometimes.

Hot diggity - got Pfizer #1 at the VA hospital in Richmond yesterday - the recovery nurse who was watching us for adverse conditions said they are giving 700 per day at their location.

No side effects, very slight soreness in the arm last night but less than is normally present with a flu shot.

Got my first Moderna dose yesterday at a mass vaccination site.

I was VERY impressed with the entire experience: controlling traffic in the parking lot, 6 foot markings inside the building, temps checks and hand sanitizer at check in, staged waiting area to help control the flow of people in the building. All the workers at every stage were friendly and courteous. I was in and out in 30 minutes, including the 15 minute wait after the shot.

So I was just able to sign my 18 year old up for the J&J for next Tuesday. He is a big boy and meets the BMI but I have not seen anyone reporting on side effects for the J&J. Just wondering if anyone has gotten it and if you had any side effects. He has a football game 2 days after the shot.

So I was just able to sign my 18 year old up for the J&J for next Tuesday. He is a big boy and meets the BMI but I have not seen anyone reporting on side effects for the J&J. Just wondering if anyone has gotten it and if you had any side effects. He has a football game 2 days after the shot.
DH got the J&J. He was tired after the shot and went to bed early. He was fine the next morning. Just a little arm soreness.

I got it last week. Had a low fever and chills the first night. Felt fine the next day.

My wife just got her first shot at a mass vaccination site as well - she said it was well run and efficient. She even got there 1/2 hour before her scheduled appointment and they got her in regardless. She was done before she was even scheduled to be there. I get my first dose on Monday at the same site. :)

My wife just got her first shot at a mass vaccination site as well - she said it was well run and efficient. She even got there 1/2 hour before her scheduled appointment and they got her in regardless. She was done before she was even scheduled to be there. I get my first dose on Monday at the same site. :)

I got my first shot last night at a local mass drive through vaccination site. It was a pure nightmare and I can't even imagine it being any worse. I got there 10 minutes prior to my "appointment" and it took a bit over 4 hours sitting in line (one out of three) about a mile and a half long. They also didn't ask for any identification and just had a light up road sign that said "come back April 8th".

I got my first shot last night at a local mass drive through vaccination site. It was a pure nightmare and I can't even imagine it being any worse. I got there 10 minutes prior to my "appointment" and it took a bit over 4 hours sitting in line (one out of three) about a mile and a half long. They also didn't ask for any identification and just had a light up road sign that said "come back April 8th".
4 hours??!! That is awful. Sorry you had that experience.

So jealous swing all this shots taken. Here in Germany I might get a shot mid- end summer. Though I am planning on flying back to Chicago in May and I will inquire about getting the J&J shot there.Here we still haven’t even gotten to those under 80

FINALLY! An 8000 dose weekend coming up in Jackson County at Arrowhead Stadium! :flower1: Our very first mass vaccine event here. Maybe people can stop driving all over the state hunting down vaccines.

So jealous swing all this shots taken. Here in Germany I might get a shot mid- end summer. Though I am planning on flying back to Chicago in May and I will inquire about getting the J&J shot there.Here we still haven’t even gotten to those under 80
I'm so sorry to hear about your frustrating experiences. It's so unfortunate that there is such a huge difference between countries, states and even single locations. I went to a mass vaccination site and was super impressed at how efficient it was and safe I felt. It's really too bad that there isn't more coordination, nationally and internationally. It can be done well and should be, for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter