Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got dose 2 of Moderna 24 hours ago. Super thirsty last night, and the briefest mild headache this morning. My arm is slightly sore, but significantly less sore than with the first dose. Hoping for no late developments. We are admittedly leaving on a mini road trip for a week's vacation within our state tomorrow.

My husband had dose 1 of Pfizer on the 9th and he just had a sore arm for about 48 hours. Same as my first dose of Moderna.

Got dose 2 of Moderna 24 hours ago. Super thirsty last night, and the briefest mild headache this morning. My arm is slightly sore, but significantly less sore than with the first dose. Hoping for no late developments. We are admittedly leaving on a mini road trip for a week's vacation within our state tomorrow.

My husband had dose 1 of Pfizer on the 9th and he just had a sore arm for about 48 hours. Same as my first dose of Moderna.

I was super thirsty after my 1st Moderna. You’re the only person that I’ve seen mention this as well.

I was super thirsty after my 1st Moderna. You’re the only person that I’ve seen mention this as well.
A friend of mine was also super thirsty after the second Moderna, which is the only reason I even thought to mention it, to be honest. I haven't seen much mention of it, but I have seen growing recommendations to hydrate well before the vaccine.

A friend of mine was also super thirsty after the second Moderna, which is the only reason I even thought to mention it, to be honest. I haven't seen much mention of it, but I have seen growing recommendations to hydrate well before the vaccine.
Had Moderna 1 yesterday and slept very poorly. I expected the sore arm but was actually very thirsty and had bad headache throughout the night. Took some Tylenol and worked on hydrating... feeling much better ☺️ Will definitely plan better when I go back for the second shot.

I received my second Pfizer vaccination, yesterday, about mid-day. After not having any bad side effects following the first dose, I was looking forward to a similar experience, after the second dose. I felt fine during the day, yesterday, telling family and friends that I felt fine, except for a mildly sore arm at the injection site; then, the vaccine started working.

The side effects I have been experiencing since late last night and into the overnight hours and this morning include chills, scratchy throat, stuffy nose, earache on one side, fever of about 2 degrees above my "normal" reading, nausea, fatigue, and body aches. The chills and body aches came on first, starting last night.

From what I've been reading on reliable sites, those who previously were diagnosed with COVID-19 can be more likely to have side effects from the vaccine, than those who never had the virus. I was diagnosed with a fairly mild case last fall, confirmed by more than one test. It is interesting how many of the side effects I am experiencing from the vaccine are the same as from the actual virus - guess that makes sense, though.

I am planning on resting today and only taking Tylenol if my fever continues to climb or the aches are not tolerable.

Even with the side effects, I am grateful for receiving the vaccination.

I got onto the CVS website just as they were adding appointments. Very fortunate! I got one at a CVS 30 minutes away while I got one for DH at a different CVS 30 minutes away. The appointments were gone very quickly. We had our 1st moderna vaccine dose yesterday. I have a sore arm and it is swollen around the injection site. I am also tired and feel a bit weary. It is getting better though. The MA main website is still a disaster. I am so happy and grateful that we got CVS appointments. My advice is to try CVS website and Walgreen's. I was on the CVS website at 5:30 am and it said adding appointments. I kept refreshing every minute until it said you could book. That was just around 6:00 am.

I received the 2nd Pfizer vaccine yesterday at 9am. So far, I have a headache and my entire right arm aches. I don't feel any more tired than normal. I'm a 3rd shifter so I feel tired a lot. I'll update if anything changes.
So the headache continued another day and I also had pretty bad aches, a temp of 99.5 and a swollen lymph node in my armpit. All better now, except for the soreness in my arm and armpit.

Can you get her to use the v-safe thing from the CDC? They've checked me every day since my shot last Friday. And it says depending on your reaction to the vaccine (I have none) that someone from the CDC may call. (Don't know if that's true, but?)
We put it on her phone and it would not load the forms. Her iPhone refuses to use Java forms.

Shortly after posting yesterday about my symptoms, following my shot on Saturday, I got a terrible headache. After holding off on taking Tylenol, I took a regular strength tab in the morning, which did not do much to help the headache, body aches, or fever. Four hours later, I increased the dose to two tablets, which dulled the headache and body aches. I feel better and less lethargic today, and my temp is down to 99.7. Mild nausea still comes and goes. The best news is that I no longer need to be in bed under three blankets, in a 78 degree bedroom!

Most side effects seem to resolve 24-48 hours, post vaccination. So, for those just starting to experience side effects, you should feel better in a day or two.

How is everyone's area doing on the teacher's front as several posters have recently mentioned teachers? Seems more and more schools are choosing to go back to in-person or add the older kids into in-person but I know the other side of the concern with teachers and getting vaccination opportunities for them.

The update I have from my county is that they are continuing on with this week's plan despite shipment delays due to weather for next week's doses..we'll see how that pans out because that could alter the plans.

The teacher update is that the county advises: "Progress includes vaccinating nearly 40 percent of our county’s educators and school staff." which I find impressive given how many there must be. What I don't have is how many wanted the vaccine. Have people seen in their areas roughly how many teachers want the vaccine and if they are eligible now or will be soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter