Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you already vaccinated, has anyone experienced stronger symptoms after you get the second vaccine dose?

For those of you already vaccinated, has anyone experienced stronger symptoms after you get the second vaccine dose?
definitely. The 1st dose I just had a sore arm like any other shot. This 2nd one totally kicked my butt. A day and a half later and I still feel like crap.

definitely. The 1st dose I just had a sore arm like any other shot. This 2nd one totally kicked my butt. A day and a half later and I still feel like crap.

Thank you! That's what I was hearing today in my morning staff meeting. Someone told me when I book my second dose it should be on a Friday so I wouldn't have to work the next two days. Sounds SUPER fun. 😳

Thank you! That's what I was hearing today in my morning staff meeting. Someone told me when I book my second dose it should be on a Friday so I wouldn't have to work the next two days. Sounds SUPER fun. 😳
I was still able to work today. I didn't want to and haven't been as efficient as usual, but I'm here.

I had only sore arm and mild backache after 1st dose, headache, body aches, chills etc on the day of and the day after my second dose. Nothing awful and I'd do it again in heartbeat because its still beats getting COVID

Lol, I kid you not. out of 18 call ins, 16 were men. Man flu is real y'all

If they had flu like symptoms or were sick in any way, why would anyone be going to work, especially during a pandemic? Unless it's just a sore arm, you can't be sure it is just side effects from the vaccine. Chills should be cause for staying at home.

I'd love it too. If they were also vaccinating in other ways in the community. So far...... nada. My 87 year old dad and 80 year old mom? Still not even an opportunity to try and schedule something.

This is a pathetic roll out.
I believe they are specifically targeting parts of the community that may be reluctant to get it, ones who are distrustful of government or the medical community so they are going to churches and faith leaders. It seems to be Truman Medical Center in charge here so not a county or state decision. It's not a bad idea for other hospitals to do this if they have the means. You know Walmart was used for their parking lot for COVID testing, wonder if other hospitals if they have these mobile units could do something like that every now and then..

I read an article the other day about looking at hospital systems..lemmie see if I can find it..okay here it is. https://fox4kc.com/news/kc-hospital...19-vaccine-even-if-you-havent-been-a-patient/ I have zero idea if that will be of any worth to your parents because I don't know where they have sought care in the past but I did read about it being another avenue for people. At this rate because of how Leavenworth county is doing things (aka nothing yet) my in-laws might be able to get their vaccine through KU because both have their doctors there...

I've filled out the survey for Olathe Medical but I'm not a current patient. I've only done Urgent Care in past years and the last time was almost 6 years ago but they have contacted me a few times giving me updates because of me having sought care in the past and have a patient portal login already. I can't fill out a survey for my county yet, it's only for Phase 2 people at this time.

Sorry if the above info is of no help just thought I'd pass on some information :flower3:

Got my second dose yesterday at around 10:30 am. Immediately felt sore arm about 30 mins after. Finished my work day, Came home, felt a little tired but went on about my day. Even did a 30 min workout. Today when I woke up I felt so heavy, Tired and sluggish to move at work. I was taking rest breaks with my patients lol (Occupational Therapist) Slightly elevated HR at rest (105). I came home and napped. I think my body was asking for rest and didn’t like me pushing it. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.
I should also mention that I had Covid back in May. First shot, absolutely no symptoms.

I’m not high risk. I just had covid last month. I’m ok with waiting and letting others get it first. I’m in no rush.
Please check with your local health care provider ...my family all has been positive and were told here in Florida NOT to get vaccine ...can make you very sick and not needed...As always will seek second opinion but something to be aware of if if have already tested positive..

48 hr update: most of the body and joint aches are gone, no more fever, chills, or headache. Normal energy level. Left arm feels like it got hit with a bat, ache from the arm extends into my shoulder and I have a nasty neck kink. Starting to get that warm slightly scratchy feeling at the back of the throat like you get when you are on the verge of a cold (same as the first shot), hopefully it doesn’t actually turn into anything

If they had flu like symptoms or were sick in any way, why would anyone be going to work, especially during a pandemic? Unless it's just a sore arm, you can't be sure it is just side effects from the vaccine. Chills should be cause for staying at home.
Because healthcare workers don’t have a choice 🤷‍♀️

as much as we’d all like to be able to quarantine when necessary and stay home anytime we have the slightest sniff as everyone seems to think we should, someone has to take care of the 300 mentally ill people who live in our facility because they’ve committed violent felonies.

I believe they are specifically targeting parts of the community that may be reluctant to get it, ones who are distrustful of government or the medical community so they are going to churches and faith leaders. It seems to be Truman Medical Center in charge here so not a county or state decision. It's not a bad idea for other hospitals to do this if they have the means. You know Walmart was used for their parking lot for COVID testing, wonder if other hospitals if they have these mobile units could do something like that every now and then..

I read an article the other day about looking at hospital systems..lemmie see if I can find it..okay here it is. https://fox4kc.com/news/kc-hospital...19-vaccine-even-if-you-havent-been-a-patient/ I have zero idea if that will be of any worth to your parents because I don't know where they have sought care in the past but I did read about it being another avenue for people. At this rate because of how Leavenworth county is doing things (aka nothing yet) my in-laws might be able to get their vaccine through KU because both have their doctors there...

I've filled out the survey for Olathe Medical but I'm not a current patient. I've only done Urgent Care in past years and the last time was almost 6 years ago but they have contacted me a few times giving me updates because of me having sought care in the past and have a patient portal login already. I can't fill out a survey for my county yet, it's only for Phase 2 people at this time.

Sorry if the above info is of no help just thought I'd pass on some information :flower3:
I agree it's a great program. It just needs to be an adjunct to a metro wide push to deliver the vaccine to the public. And right now, it's all there is.

I appreciate that list. But at first glance, it appears not a single hospital on the Missouri side of the state line is even taking names. There's no list to join for notification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter