Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard of anyone I know personally having symptoms show up delayed like that...interesting! since my headache/fatigue lasted more than 24 hours my employer made me get a covid test....still waiting on those results, though I am not worried about it. I'm sure its just a cautious protocol
I’d seen reports of it, and it happened to my daughter, too (even though she got the Pfizer and I got the Moderna), so I wasn’t too surprised.

I’d seen reports of it, and it happened to my daughter, too (even though she got the Pfizer and I got the Moderna), so I wasn’t too surprised.
oh good to know...anyone I know who has had the 2nd dose either has no reaction other than a sore arm or some reaction the first 24 hours. I think it's so interesting the varying degree of reaction between people. Hope you're feeling better now.

oh good to know...anyone I know who has had the 2nd dose either has no reaction other than a sore arm or some reaction the first 24 hours. I think it's so interesting the varying degree of reaction between people. Hope you're feeling better now.
I am, thanks. Yeah, my daughter was teasing me a bit last night because I guess I pooh-pooh’d her arm soreness a bit last week so she didn’t have a lot of sympathy for me last night! :laughing: (All in fun, she was good where it counted.)

Are you anywhere near a Geisinger facility. I registered my husband the other night (I will receive my 2nd Moderna shot on Tuesday since I work at a hospital) and they had lots of appointments. You just need to go on their mygeisinger site portal and fill out the information. I had several of my vendors go on the site yesterday and they were all able to snag appointments. The only problem is that Geisinger only goes out to the center of the state so if you are out near Pittsburgh or Erie, that would be a ride. They have lots of clinics and facilities in our area (Scranton/Wilkes Barre) and their main campus is in Danville. Good luck in your search....might be worth it do plan a day trip to Geisinger!
I finally got one from the county, through my job. Thanks though! I am looking forward to my second dose in about 3 weeks.

Some literature from the CDC about when side effects can occur post-vaccine administration:

She added that most immediate allergic reactions occur within 15-30 minutes of vaccination, whereas vaccine side effects, such as fever, chills or fatigue, occur a median of 1-3 days following vaccination.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/90501
I had terrible nausea, to the point that I should have called in sick to work, but it was the friday before a 3 day weekend and I didn't want to look like an ******. I will be calling off at least one day with my follow-up shot. I got the shot Thursday after work and then Friday morning I woke up dry-heaving.

I've read/heard that the arm soreness can be alleviated a bit if you flex your arm regularly after getting the injection. Wondering if anybody else had heard this and if they actually tried it?

I've read/heard that the arm soreness can be alleviated a bit if you flex your arm regularly after getting the injection. Wondering if anybody else had heard this and if they actually tried it?
Yes, we were told to move our arms around. We actually went to play golf that day right after the shot, and I think that helped. We had some soreness but nothing too bad.

I had terrible nausea, to the point that I should have called in sick to work, but it was the friday before a 3 day weekend and I didn't want to look like an ******. I will be calling off at least one day with my follow-up shot. I got the shot Thursday after work and then Friday morning I woke up dry-heaving.
anyone know how long the side effects last?

anyone know how long the side effects last?
Whether someone gets side effects, and if they do, what they are, how long they last, etc., will vary from person to person. Some may not get any at all, or very mild ones like just a sore arm. Others may have different ones that come on later, or last a little longer; it’s impossible to say what will happen with every individual. Most say that the likelihood of side effects increases with the second shot, or if you’ve already had Covid, because your immune system has already been activated against it and the side effects are signs of it working. (And it doesn’t mean that if you have no side effects, it isn’t working; I think that was offered just as an assurance to people that things were working normally.) The good news, though, is that unpleasant side effects, from what I’ve seen, read, and now experienced myself, seem to be relatively fleeting, ie they last just a short time, like a day or so, maybe less. At the hospital we were advised to try to get our shots when we’ll be off for a couple of days, which was good advice.

That's true of any vaccination that's intramuscular. The muscle doesn't like having a needle stabbed into it, and a blob of liquid forced into it.
Interesting. I didn't know that. I'll give it a more serious try when I get my second dose next week.

I was watching a video of Kamala Harris getting her second Moderna dose and the nurse was jiggling KH's arm around like crazy right after she got the dose...reminded me that I read that a nurse did that to someone in this thread too. I may keep that in mind for dose #2.

After my first dose, I came home and did laundry, changed bedsheets, vacuumed, etc. So I did keep it moving quite a bit and I think that helped. It was still sore the next day but not as bad as I remember with the flu shot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter