Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now volunteering at our local vaccine clinic 2 weeks post my second dose of Pfizer. It’s a nice change of pace to do something outside o the hospital and the people I’m vaccinating are so grateful to have the opportunity. A small light at the end of a very long tunnel.

I am now volunteering at our local vaccine clinic 2 weeks post my second dose of Pfizer. It’s a nice change of pace to do something outside o the hospital and the people I’m vaccinating are so grateful to have the opportunity. A small light at the end of a very long tunnel.

Thanks for volunteering.

Yesterday, about 35 hrs after getting my second Moderna shot, I began not feeling so well. Had a slight right-sided headache and watery eye, couldn’t get warm, stayed under a blanket. When I got up, I had chills. Took my temp it was 99.5. Not terribly high, but high for me, as I’m usually high 97. I was surprised how that little temp had such an impact on feeling so lousy. Arm was also more sore than before and I couldn’t lift it more than halfway up, nor could I lay on that side. It lasted much of the evening and I couldn’t get comfortable. Took 600mg of Motrin and went to bed early, under two blankets. Slept pretty well. This morning I still have a slight headache but no more feeling cold or chills, no more watery eye, and pain in my arm is improved. Just a bit tired. Planning to have a quiet day today. Not complaining, just sharing. If that was the worst of it, it’s a small price to pay for being fully vaccinated now 🙏🏻 And very glad my immune system seems to be doing what it’s supposed to do. 👍🏻

Wishing everyone well who gets the shots and hoping all who want one can get one soon. Thank you to all the volunteers, too, and people who try to make things a little bit better for those for whom they can make a difference! :goodvibes

Yesterday, about 35 hrs after getting my second Moderna shot, I began not feeling so well. Had a slight right-sided headache and watery eye, couldn’t get warm, stayed under a blanket. When I got up, I had chills. Took my temp it was 99.5. Not terribly high, but high for me, as I’m usually high 97. I was surprised how that little temp had such an impact on feeling so lousy. Arm was also more sore than before and I couldn’t lift it more than halfway up, nor could I lay on that side. It lasted much of the evening and I couldn’t get comfortable. Took 600mg of Motrin and went to bed early, under two blankets. Slept pretty well. This morning I still have a slight headache but no more feeling cold or chills, no more watery eye, and pain in my arm is improved. Just a bit tired. Planning to have a quiet day today. Not complaining, just sharing. If that was the worst of it, it’s a small price to pay for being fully vaccinated now 🙏🏻 And very glad my immune system seems to be doing what it’s supposed to do. 👍🏻

Wishing everyone well who gets the shots and hoping all who want one can get one soon. Thank you to all the volunteers, too, and people who try to make things a little bit better for those for whom they can make a difference! :goodvibes

Praying and sending good vibes. I'm sure you will feel better very soon! By the way, you helped me so much when my little girl was in the hospital. You gave me a tremendous amount of hope and comfort! God bless!

DH's grandmother got the Maderna vaccine yesterday at about 4. We talked to her this morning and she has a very sore arm. She said she woke up last night feeling sick but over all it sounds like she is not doing bad. She does seem a bit more tired as we woke her up when we called at about 9:30. She is normally a very early riser. She is scheduled at the end of February to get her second dose.

georgina..how was your husband's experience at the Geisinger appointment? I heard that there is a small wait to get the shot but other than that, it was running smoothly. Did they then make an appointment for your husband's second shot? Do you have to bring your insurance card with you? Sorry for all the questions but I don't know anyone who got their shot yet in Pittston and just wanted to see how it went! Thanks in advance.

Praying and sending good vibes. I'm sure you will feel better very soon! By the way, you helped me so much when my little girl was in the hospital. You gave me a tremendous amount of hope and comfort! God bless!
Thank you. ❤️

Don’t know if I even got a vaccine today, but I had my first visit for the phase 3 Novavax trial here in the US. I have a 67% chance of an actual vaccine—first injection today and next in 3 weeks. I’m kind of hoping I run a low grade fever as a clue I got the real thing!

I got the first dose of the Moderna vaccine on 1/15. The shot itself barely felt like anything, and my arm was sore the next day, but I remember the flu shot soreness being worse (I made a very real effort to move my arm around the evening after the shot, so maybe that helped). Dose #2 is scheduled for mid-February.

However...we are all now at home quarantining because my husband tested positive for COVID this past Thursday (1/21). Our son (toddler) was sick with a "bug" the week before, which I thought could be COVID at the time and now am almost 99% sure it actually was COVID. There had been a case in his daycare in early January, but it was outside of his pod and we were assured that the person who had tested positive would have never interacted with him. Which...I don't know. The timing cannot possibly be a coincidence. We never had him tested, so we can't say for sure that he brought it home, but we can't think of anywhere else where my husband would have gotten it.

As a teacher, my husband is in the 1b group for our state, so we were thinking he'd be vaccinated sometime in February. 🤦‍♀️ We almost made it. Thankfully our son seems to be completely recovered and my husband has mild symptoms. EDIT: I'm still very grateful that I myself am getting the vaccine and that my husband will still be getting it soon. Just can't believe that we've been so careful and now it's actually here in our house.

I don't have any symptoms yet, and I did call the hotline for my employer (where I got the vaccine)...they said as long as I continue to not develop symptoms, I should still come in for dose 2.

Last edited:
My 93 yo dad got one from Rite Aid, they called him up and he was able to get. Now my elderly in laws are waiting for the doctor to get the vaccines and it seems that the docs in my area are way behind. Not sure when I will, I am high risk having an autoimmune disease and no spleen. A little worried with autoimmune issues, but worried if I don't get also. We are in NY.

Last edited:
Has anyone signed up for this CDC V-safe survey, after receiving the vaccination? If so, were you at all concerned about privacy issues, or did you find value in doing so?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/vsafe.html

We both signed up for it. It's an absolute nothing when it comes to privacy concerns.

I signed up for this and completed the check ins. I don't have privacy concerns, I figure my data is pretty much everywhere already. I wanted to do my very small part in contributing to the body of knowledge that we have for the side effects of these vaccines.
Any info you give is going to help others during a dreadful pandemic, so it's worth a potential minor privacy invasion imo. Especially considering that our privacy is already compromised regularly by websites, apps, credit cards, etc.
Exactly! I feel as if this is a very easy way to contribute and a give back for being able to get the vaccine.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned on this thread but according to my doctor sister, it is common to have more side effects when (1) you are younger (2) if you've had COVID before and (3) and/or with the second shot as it has to do with the immune response. Younger people have better immune systems and if you've had it before and/or had the first shot your body is ramping up to fight it. That's my layman explanation of what she said, LOL. But I'm expecting to have more of a reaction with my second shot. The first was a slightly sore arm and that was it.

I haven't heard of anyone I know personally having symptoms show up delayed like that...interesting! since my headache/fatigue lasted more than 24 hours my employer made me get a covid test....still waiting on those results, though I am not worried about it. I'm sure its just a cautious protocol

First shot was 24 hours ago, and happy to report no symptoms, not even a sore arm. (54 yo female, teacher, if that matters).

I am bracing myself, however, for the second one. It will still be worth it, though, and I'm so grateful to have received it.

Double masking between now and then and washing hands more than ever to try and stay safe until immunity is built up.....

Terri

This week began the first of Phase 2 (with leftover Phase 1) appointments for my county and they are focusing on the elderly. The county themselves had 7,584 appointments this week and those all got booked (hopefully all come in). One of the places being used is a county parks and rec gym.

The unfortunate thing is it's really cold here this week (right now feels like 16) and we've just had winter weather with more to come so those coming would sure want to bundle up! But I'm excited to see those getting them :)

The county above me is flip flopping that and they are focusing on high contact workers (still in Phase 2 though) before elderly. It should be noted that county that is doing that tends to have a lot of low-income, I can see why they made the decision they did because those might be the most at risk of contracting it as they often work out in our community and often several jobs.

I haven't heard of anyone I know personally having symptoms show up delayed like that...interesting! since my headache/fatigue lasted more than 24 hours my employer made me get a covid test....still waiting on those results, though I am not worried about it. I'm sure its just a cautious protocol

I've actually read about a lot of delayed reactions in the VAERS reporting system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter