Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone signed up for this CDC V-safe survey, after receiving the vaccination? If so, were you at all concerned about privacy issues, or did you find value in doing so?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/vsafe.html
Any info you give is going to help others during a dreadful pandemic, so it's worth a potential minor privacy invasion imo. Especially considering that our privacy is already compromised regularly by websites, apps, credit cards, etc.

For those in NJ, my coworkers dad got a call to move up his appointment from March 1 to this Saturday. This is for the CCC in Blackwood. She doesn’t know if it was due to cancellations or extra vaccines coming in or them screening people for eligibility.

Has anyone signed up for this CDC V-safe survey, after receiving the vaccination? If so, were you at all concerned about privacy issues, or did you find value in doing so?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/vsafe.html
Yes, the survey comes from the CDC and does not ask for any invasive information. It came to me via text.

For the first week, I a received daily link to the survey and after 7 days, it is just a weekly survey with 3 questions.

Questions are:
1. "How do you feel today?" - Good/Fair/Poor

2. "Since your last check-in, have you experienced any new or worsening symptoms or health condition? - Yes/No

3. "Since you last check-in, did you have a positive COVID-19 test or were you told by a health care provider that you had COVID-19? - Yes/No

My 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine will be this Friday. I expect to have a sore arm and likely fever/chills for a partial day afterwards (similar to my experience getting my 2nd dose of the shingles vaccine this past summer). Some have reported similar experience with the COVID vaccine, others have reported minimal symptoms afterwards.

Stay tuned! :)

Very reasoned post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I would much rather take the vaccine than risk some of the long term complications of Covid. I know too many relatives and friends who are at risk of those complications. I just hope more of our population arrive at that same place.

I feel the same way. We have a friend who is on week 4 in the hospital. He was released home last week and 18 hours later was readmitted. They've now found fibroids in his lungs that weren't there before. I'll take my chances with the vaccine.

Question for those who have register online:
I got two emails:
one from provider saying they submitted my name for "under 65 but having two or more health conditions to qualify" for 1B;
2nd email from
CDC Vaccine Administration saying to click through to register.
A few elderly people I know who registered said they went through the state site, not cdc site? (NH)
The website had a https so looked secure but worried about inputting info to a spam site..
Any feedback on where you registered?
I'm in NH. Yes, you need to register on the CDC VAMS site. That's what allows you to manage and schedule appointments. Basically your doctor preregistered you with the state, which authorized you to register with the CDC site for the actual vaccination. The elderly have to register on the state site to then get that authorization you have.

My brother is a traveling nurse, he is usually in the Neuro ICU but has been exclusively a COVID ICU nurse these days. Granted, he sees the sickest of the sick, but he has told me that he can't imagine how any of the patients he has taken care of will ever reach 100% health again, or really even close to that, he has been so depressed and saddened by the things he has seen and how little he can actually help despite his training and the effort that his teams put in each and every day.
I worked in the Covid ICUs too. It is heartbreaking, and traumatic to see. But in my post I was referring to even mild cases, ie people who may not have even been hospitalized, having weird things pop up a month or three after having Covid. These are why I would want to avoid Covid if possible, along with the big problems (and worse 😥 ).

I feel the same way. We have a friend who is on week 4 in the hospital. He was released home last week and 18 hours later was readmitted. They've now found fibroids in his lungs that weren't there before. I'll take my chances with the vaccine.
https://www.westernmassnews.com/new...cle_66e974d8-5750-11eb-be1e-db9575a446d7.html
”Studies are now showing lung x-rays of people who've been infected with COVID-19 looking worse than the lungs of people who've been smoking for years.

A side-by-side comparison shows the healthy lungs are clean with a lot of black, meaning lots of air. The white lines in the smoker’s lungs indicate scarring and congestion. The COVID lungs are mostly white.

After COVID recovery, some continue to suffer from lingering neurological, cardiac, and heart problems.

While some might not feel it right now, impacts from damaged lungs like these could lead to severe problems later on. Hamilton said these patients are called ‘long-haulers.’ Those who lose their taste and smell for months also fall into this category.

While patients who are older or have underlying health concerns seem to be more at-risk, Hamilton said many young, seemingly healthy people are suffering just as much.

“I think this is just the tip of the iceberg…Not only should you be worried about getting COVID, for the short term, ‘Wow, I'm sick,’ but you've also get this long-term component to it which may end up causing a lot of healthcare issues and a strain on our healthcare system and a strain on the people who have caught it, so it’s not just these acute infections. It’s these long term issues as well,” Hamilton added.”

I worked in the Covid ICUs too. It is heartbreaking, and traumatic to see. But in my post I was referring to even mild cases, ie people who may not have even been hospitalized, having weird things pop up a month or three after having Covid. These are why I would want to avoid Covid if possible, along with the big problems (and worse 😥 ).

https://www.westernmassnews.com/new...cle_66e974d8-5750-11eb-be1e-db9575a446d7.html
”Studies are now showing lung x-rays of people who've been infected with COVID-19 looking worse than the lungs of people who've been smoking for years.

A side-by-side comparison shows the healthy lungs are clean with a lot of black, meaning lots of air. The white lines in the smoker’s lungs indicate scarring and congestion. The COVID lungs are mostly white.

After COVID recovery, some continue to suffer from lingering neurological, cardiac, and heart problems.

While some might not feel it right now, impacts from damaged lungs like these could lead to severe problems later on. Hamilton said these patients are called ‘long-haulers.’ Those who lose their taste and smell for months also fall into this category.

While patients who are older or have underlying health concerns seem to be more at-risk, Hamilton said many young, seemingly healthy people are suffering just as much.

“I think this is just the tip of the iceberg…Not only should you be worried about getting COVID, for the short term, ‘Wow, I'm sick,’ but you've also get this long-term component to it which may end up causing a lot of healthcare issues and a strain on our healthcare system and a strain on the people who have caught it, so it’s not just these acute infections. It’s these long term issues as well,” Hamilton added.”
this is what makes me crazy about people who insist its no worse than the flu, or who said they have known plenty of people who have recovered just fine from COVID so they don't think its a big deal... you have no idea what the long term holds for these people. I have seen plenty of chest x-rays of recovered COVID patients (otherwise healthy people before COVID) and it's not always good :(

Troubling information, but at the same time, crucial to know.

Teacher in Michigan here(1B), just got my first shot today. Person directly after me was getting her second shot (1A). So far so good, but I do have fibro and other health issues that lead to me not feeling well many days, so it will be interesting to see how my immune system reacts.

I am so worried for my parents/step parents/in-laws who are all in their 70s-80s (in WI) who have not heard anything about access, yet. Urgh.

I'm asking here because I feel it's a lot easier to get an answer...........is there going to be a need for the Covid vaccine each year like the flu shot? And if so how soon after this vaccine should you get the next one?
They don’t know yet

I'm not telling anyone they should or should not get the vaccine, but I want to address the statement about it not being dangerous at all for young folks. While MOST young people do well with it, this is dangerous thinking, because not all do. I work in a children's hospital that's next to an adult hospital. Our pediatric covid unit has been full for a week now and now one of the adult covid units is half-pediatric. The sickest kids in our covid units (intubated) were healthy kids with no pre-existing conditions. MIS-C is no joke. I work in hematology/oncology, so my area treats children with blood disorders and cancer. We are seeing a huge spike in hematology patients because so many previously healthy kids who had mild covid have gone on to develop clotting issues, and we've had some kids end up with post-viral bone marrow issues. I realize that I see the worst case scenario, so this is not the norm, but covid can certainly be dangerous to young people.
What hospital?

My 95 yo MIL received her vaccine, Pfizer, first dose last week. Mild sore arm and was feeling chilled for a few days. But those have been the only side effects so far. I will report back when she receives her second dose. She still lives on her own and was able to take advantage once vaccinations opened up to her age group.

I have been able to help other people locate appointments for vaccines around town and I’ve always been able to find something open if I check back regularly. So if you are looking for a vaccine for yourself or someone else, keep trying!

Also I want to say that I really appreciate the comments in this thread, either from those that are enthusiastic about the vaccine and also from those who are a bit more reserved about getting the vaccine right now. I think it’s good discussion.

Any info you give is going to help others during a dreadful pandemic, so it's worth a potential minor privacy invasion imo. Especially considering that our privacy is already compromised regularly by websites, apps, credit cards, etc.

I signed up for it just now. They ask for your name, dob, phone#, zipcode, which vaccine you received and date of vaccination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter