• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I know we’ve argued “The Who is eligible before me” to death and established that its very hard to see from others perspectives and I’m trying really hard to not be judgmental on ANY ordering of vaccinations...

But smokers?

They are upset in the IG comments.

I’m sure it’s because smokers get more complications and take up a good amount of hospital beds.

My friend had covid. Healthy girl but she smokes. She said she was out of it for 7-10 days and almost went to ER because her breathing got bad. And her cough was horrendous.

Ok, I know we’ve argued “The Who is eligible before me” to death and established that its very hard to see from others perspectives and I’m trying really hard to not be judgmental on ANY ordering of vaccinations...

But smokers?

I had the exact same thought. I understand they are more susceptible to complications, but come on. Wonder if you have to prove you’re a smoker or if they just take your word for it??

But smokers?
They don't have the information on my state's COVID dashboard anymore but I do remember when they had it smoking wasn't as prevalent of an underlying health condition it was on there just wasn't very high. But I have no idea where they stand now.

They are upset in the IG comments.

I’m sure it’s because smokers get more complications and take up a good amount of hospital beds.

My friend had covid. Healthy girl but she smokes. She said she was out of it for 7-10 days and almost went to ER because her breathing got bad. And her cough was horrendous.
I worry about one of my sister-in-law's for this reason. She'll be 24 soon but she smokes quite a bit

Local news reporting it could be months before seniors can get vaccinated here. My parents are 80 and 87. I really hoped they would have some glimmer of hope by now. This is so discouraging.

I’m sorry, I have an 88 YO mom with many health issues so I know how worried you are about your parents. I am hoping they will somehow ramp up production of the vaccine soon.

NY just opened up for 75 & over on Monday. The websites weren’t even going live til 4 pm. I was thrilled to be able to schedule her an appointment right away that afternoon. She got her 1st dose of Moderna today. I felt like I scored a night in the Cinderella Castle suite!

Hoping you can get your parents in soon.

I’m sorry, I have an 88 YO mom with many health issues so I know how worried you are about your parents. I am hoping they will somehow ramp up production of the vaccine soon.

NY just opened up for 75 & over on Monday. The websites weren’t even going live til 4 pm. I was thrilled to be able to schedule her an appointment right away that afternoon. She got her 1st dose of Moderna today. I felt like I scored a night in the Cinderella Castle suite!

I am in NY and it took me 7 hours on Monday to finally be able to snag an appt -its Jan 27th at jones beach- as of yesterday there were no more appts there until May. I have elderly neighbors that have been trying all week to get an appt and there are just no appointments available anyplace.

I am in NY and it took me 7 hours on Monday to finally be able to snag an appt -its Jan 27th at jones beach- as of yesterday there were no more appts there until May. I have elderly neighbors that have been trying all week to get an appt and there are just no appointments available anyplace.

I’m in the Buffalo suburbs. Our NY state appointments only go to the end of this month so far. No county clinics or appointments yet. Tops Markets pharmacies opened their appointments this evening at probably 15 sites in the area & they booked full before it was even publicly announced that they were open. It’s crazy.

Rite Aid pharmacies are supposed to begin giving the vaccine too, but they haven’t said when or started taking appointments yet.

Curious, did you receive a half or full dose first shot?
Half then second injection is 10 weeks later. I have not felt good though overnight. I've had shivers, temperature, dizziness, nausea and muscle aches. All common or very common side effects according to Government so i am not worried, but just feel lousy through lack of sleep now.

Last edited:
So, at the end of the day after the second shot I’ve felt very few symptoms but it seems like most who received it did have flu like symptoms. I only had arm pain for the most part and perhaps a little fatigue but I’m not sure if it was related to the shot or not.

10 hours after my first dose of moderna, arm soreness but now my neck seems stiff and it may just be my imagination or coincidence but my arthritis in my left knee is extremely acting up tonight.

But smokers?
Exactly my thoughts as a NJ resident. I am being prioritized behind people who actively choose to shorten their life span? And in NJ when you pre-register for the vaccine I believe you have to choose what illness you qualify under. And since they collect your insurance information, if you tell your insurance company you aren't a smoker but then you say you are a smoker in order to get the vaccine... you may have a problem down the road.

Moderna 1st dose:

1st 1/2 of day 1
12 hours mild arm pain
2nd half of day 1
12 hours more severe arm pain but tolerable

2nd day, serum sickness that i always get after a vaccine, with nausea, diarrhea, fatigue. I don’t get headaches much but this time I had a moderate headache nonstop for 2 days. I declared a movie day on day 2 and stayed on the couch.
Day 3 just malaise but all better by the end of it.

Tylenol helped.

Last edited:
I already posted that I got my second pfizer vax Tuesday. I'm happy to say, I only had a very sore arm this time. Like others who previously had covid (I had early in December and got my first dose of the vax on Dec. 28), my first injection was a doozy, fever of 102, and felt like crap for about 24 hours. The second shot was much easier - just the tender injection site. No one else at work has had any issues with the shot other than the sore arm.

You totally scored on that. I have been trying on the NY website for the past 2 days hoping something opens up for my father. He told me his girlfriend got an appointment and hour away in March. I certainly hope something opens up closer to home and to me it is wrong for people from one county to travel to another county and take the vaccine from the people who live there (I don't know maybe it the Catholic guilt in me). I continue to fill out the form and he continues to wait to see if his doctors office will call him. This is crazy and it so pits people against each other.

Did not know that Florida is providing the vaccine opportunity to those from out of state!! I can make a Disney and Vaccine trip together. How do Floridians feel about allowing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter