Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made another appointment for Tuesday March 9 - within the 3 weeks 4 days grace period
Maybe I can get the day off since it is 2 months away

That's pretty much identical to how I was in the trial. Tylenol helps more than Advil does, at least for me. It'll go away pretty quickly, he might feel some lingering malaise this week but the "hangover" headache/chills feeling didn't last longer than a day after onset for me.

That's good to hear.

4 hours later - he said he took motrin, had a 3 hour nap, and now feels mostly 100%, just some fatigue and minor muscle aches. He's now heading into work for his shift.

Another dose 2 (Pfizer) update- received it yesterday morning. Went to bad last night with chills and woke up around 3:30 this morning with a 102.5 degree fever. I have less fatigue than last time but the fever has been higher. I don't have a total lack of appetite like last time (darn, was counting on that!) but I do have much more arm pain than with dose 1. It's full arm pain, with burning on the back of my arm, not where I got the vaccine. Tylenol has helped with the general achiness but not the arm pain. I just keep telling myself something's happening, my immune system is getting quite a lesson!

I'll give another update from the 2nd dose. Chills have been on and off all day, but not too bad. I've had 3-4 blankets over me all day haha. No fever. Still having some mild nausea and haven't really eaten much today. But overall significantly better than I was overnight. About 12 hours after the shot seems to be the sweet spot to start feeling things. I probably could've worked today if I had been scheduled, but it definitely would have been a struggle, especially since I have a pretty physically demanding job.

Finally got mine! NYS finally trying to get their act together. Got Moderna. We have no info yet on appointments for the 2nd one. My arm was KILLING me for a day which was hard since I had to do a procedure on a squirmy patient but its all good now.
Your appointment for moderna should be exactly 28 days from the first shot, Pfizer is exactly 21 days.
I get my second Pfizer shot on Wednesday and I will post how I’m feeling too. I’m worried about running a fever as we are going for a resort only stay at AKV for the MLK weekend (fri-mon) that I booked at the 11 month DVC window pre Covid. Worse case scenario we cancel our few dining reservations and just get take in sanaa and cook in the room.

Your appointment for moderna should be exactly 28 days from the first shot, Pfizer is exactly 21 days.
I get my second Pfizer shot on Wednesday and I will post how I’m feeling too. I’m worried about running a fever as we are going for a resort only stay at AKV for the MLK weekend (fri-mon) that I booked at the 11 month DVC window pre Covid. Worse case scenario we cancel our few dining reservations and just get take in sanaa and cook in the room.
Yes we just have not been actually given our appt / confirmed.

I want to just say, I am extremely impressed with the states that are already moving along and vaccinating seniors not in nursing homes and other essential workers. We are still in the hospital stage only. clinics, urgent care, home health workers etc have not moved to their tier yet. 75+ is 2 tiers after the clinics/urgent care. The RN's that come to my house to treat my daughter 3 times a week are in the same group as I am (home health paid by the state for my daughter) and we are all still waiting for our tier. They come in contact with a lot of elderly, disabled and compromised people which is quite scary that they go from home to home daily and still waiting.

We were given a range of 19-23 days for Pfizer where I work. There was a range given for Moderna as well, I wanna say 27-29? don't remember it exactly.

DH who works for a pharmacy found out he's actually included with the 1A medical workers, when they get passed over to not be included many times, so he's scheduled for Tuesday. He'll likely be giving it to folks once his pharmacy starts to get it; they've just gotten the freezer for it.

1B includes seniors over 65 so my mom got scheduled

A friend who works for a school system admin found out she's most likely included for the schools in 1B so she's happy to get it sooner rather than later.

I'll be the last of my friend group so probably still March or April. Able to work from home so no rush and enough time for me to be aware of any side effects.

Ds3 got his 2nd vaccine Wednesday.
1st day was arm pain at injection site again
2nd day was bad back and shoulder pain. Rested on the couch all day with heating pad and took Tylenol.
He wants to do another blood test after the two week period to see if he develops any antibodies. The hospital pays for it. I don't know if that is part of the research project he volunteered for.
He is assigned to the Co vid ICU until mid February minimum.

I am a Pre-K teacher - in the 1B sector
I want the BNT162b2 Pfizer, Inc., vaccine
I made an appointment with my doctor for Saturday February 13, 2021
The next Saturday date for the second dose is 4 weeks later on March 13, 2021
Is it OK to do 4 weeks between the 2 shots ?
I can not take another day off from work
Please advise

You most likely don’t have a choice of vaccine. I haven’t heard of anyone getting a choice. Most distribution sites are given a batch depending on what they can store & what is available in the area. If your Doctor is scheduling you 4 weeks apart, you are probably getting Moderna. At this point, take whatever vaccine is offered where you can get an appointment.

Teacher here in Michigan, we are part of the 1B that is supposed to be starting next Monday. Our superintendent has been in talks with the health department, and I am crossing my fingers that I will get mine sooner rather than later.

You are so lucky to be in an early group! Teachers in MA are in group 2, in the middle of the list. We have no idea when we are getting the vaccine.

I got my second Pfizer dose yesterday at 10:10 am, so I am currently about 19 hours in. My arm hurts a LOT more than the first one. The arm soreness started about 4 hours after the shot. I came home from a 12 hour shift and took Tylenol and went to bed around 10. I woke up at 2:30 with chills and achiness. I finally got up at 4:30 and took my temp, 101.5, and then took more Tylenol. I just checked my temp again and it's 102.2. I'm hoping it breaks soon as I am heading back to work for another 12. Terrible planning on my part, I know, but I have two procedures this week and there really was no better time.

I would highly recommend getting your second shot when you aren't scheduled to work the next day, but live and learn. I'm still really happy to have it and I'm praying as the day goes on I'll feel better.

Also, just for comparison, I had very few side effects with my first shot…my arm was mildly sore and my temp never went higher than 99.5.

As I said previously I had covid in October/November. It was a very mild case.

I got my first moderna shot Friday around 2 pm.

The shot didn’t hurt much at all. About 6 hours later my arm was sore. This was about 8 pm. I started to get a bit of a headache and at 2 am Saturday morning I took Advil. Around 9 am the headache returned and I took more Advil. By 10 am I started feeling pretty fatigued. Like I could take a nap and I had just woken up. Throughout the day I would have a wave of a chill here and there. By 8 pm I had full on body aches and constant chills. No fever but it was bad. I couldn’t sleep. My body ached So bad it hurt to move positions at night. The chills were so uncomfortable.

I just woke up for the day and I’m back to normal thankfully. This was way worse than when I had covid. I did tell my SO that I don’t know if I want to get the second shot. Especially if it’ll be worse than yesterday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter