Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hubby and I got the Pfizer vaccine on Wednesday morning. We both had arm pain that evening. On Friday (Christmas day) I felt exhausted (took two naps) and like I had a hangover even though I didn’t drink anything. Feel better today and other than the sore arm the first day my Hubby feels normal.
that's so interesting.
I'm curious to know how you react to the second dose.

We get the second dose on Jan 13th I will make sure I update you all.

we also get our second dose on January 13th (our first was also on wednesday).
we reacted like your husband. Just arm soreness that disappeared after 24 hours.
but people in the trial said the reaction to the second dose is much stronger, so we shall see..

Hubby and I got the Pfizer vaccine on Wednesday morning. We both had arm pain that evening. On Friday (Christmas day) I felt exhausted (took two naps) and like I had a hangover even though I didn’t drink anything. Feel better today and other than the sore arm the first day my Hubby feels normal.
So side effects lasted two days? ☹️ Glad you are beginning to feel better.

My stupid question of the day. For anyone who has received the vaccine, which arm did you get it in? I am right handed and used to get the flu shot in my left arm, usually resulting in pain, tenderness, and some swelling in the injection area. Several years ago, a nurse told me to get it in my right arm instead as I would use that arm more and that movement would help. Sure enough, when I now get my flu shot in the right arm, I seem to have fewer problems.

I was just wondering for those of you who are medical professionals who have received the shot, if you think the same philosophy would hold true for the Covid vaccine?

My stupid question of the day. For anyone who has received the vaccine, which arm did you get it in? I am right handed and used to get the flu shot in my left arm, usually resulting in pain, tenderness, and some swelling in the injection area. Several years ago, a nurse told me to get it in my right arm instead as I would use that arm more and that movement would help. Sure enough, when I now get my flu shot in the right arm, I seem to have fewer problems.

I was just wondering for those of you who are medical professionals who have received the shot, if you think the same philosophy would hold true for the Covid vaccine?

that's interesting.
I've heard that you should be vaccinated in your right arm, so that if you have pain around the injection site, you won't think you're having a heart attack which could happen if you have the injection in your left arm.

However, since i'm unable to have injections into my right arm anymore, i have them in my left. I haven't noticed any difference in terms of soreness.

Injection site pain is caused by the vaccine sitting in the muscle. So if you move your arm and massage the injection site, the vaccine doesn't cause as much muscle soreness later.

Injection site pain is caused by the vaccine sitting in the muscle. So if you move your arm and massage the injection site, the vaccine doesn't cause as much muscle soreness later.

This is why I get any vaccines in my right arm. I’m right handed so I move that arm more. This is from advice from a nurse many years ago.

Dr Fauci is recommending those who have had covid to still get the vaccine. I'm and ER nurse who's currently giving the vaccine to other hospital staff members... We ask those checking in:
Are you feeling well today? (No URI symptoms)
Have you had the covid vaccine already?
Have you had any serious reactions to any medications or vaccines in the past?
Have you been treated using passive antibody therapy for covid in the past?
Do you have any bleeding disorders or do you take an anticoagulant?

I think that's it..... We definitely don't ask if they've had covid.
I had the CVS consent form to fill out (how some LTC are getting the vaccine) and one of the questions asked was if you had covid in past two weeks.
Supposed to be starting the shots this week. No idea when I’ll be scheduled, but I suppose I’ll know more after I go in my covid swab in am (and I’ll take a temporarily sore arm any day of the week to stop the 2xweek brain scraping 😆 ). SW MO here. Hospitals in my area have been vaccination for over a week now.

Not yet... but we are getting it for sure....

I think after the first of the year, and more of the vaccines are available... we can get a better picture on when we should be able to get it...

So for us, we are still masking up, and following the guidelines, and doing our part...

I had the CVS consent form to fill out (how some LTC are getting the vaccine) and one of the questions asked was if you had covid in past two weeks.
Supposed to be starting the shots this week. No idea when I’ll be scheduled, but I suppose I’ll know more after I go in my covid swab in am (and I’ll take a temporarily sore arm any day of the week to stop the 2xweek brain scraping 😆 ). SW MO here. Hospitals in my area have been vaccination for over a week now.

I also work in LTC, hospitals here in AZ have had it for awhile as well. I'm hoping to get mine this week as well. I heard that the regulations will still require the twice a week testing even with the vaccine.

Not yet... but we are getting it for sure....

I think after the first of the year, and more of the vaccines are available... we can get a better picture on when we should be able to get it...

So for us, we are still masking up, and following the guidelines, and doing our part...

I think, at least here in Michigan, we still have to mask up and follow the guidelines even after getting the vaccine. Maybe I'm wrong.

Got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine yesterday, so far some mild arm soreness (same as any flu shot I’ve ever received) one day 1 and still today on day 2.

Yesterday I also had some left hip/back/leg aches that increased through the afternoon and evening...I have back issues and can get similar pain after running or tweaking it but I didn’t really do anything to cause it to act up so no idea if it was related to the vaccine or if it’s unrelated? Today the hip/back/leg is totally fine. each day my employer sends an email for you to record your symptoms in the first 3 days after receiving the vaccine.

I go back in 28 days for the 2nd dose.

I’ve heard to use your dominant arm for vaccines
So you move it around more to avoid the soreness so I also asked the RN which arm they are recommending and she said non-dominant So that’s what we did.

There's some controversy over someone (not a health/hospital worker) who claims to have skipped the line via a family connection with a hospital administrator. The gist was that the vaccine has to be thawed and that they gave out as many as requested by frontline workers, but then had leftovers that had to be either used up or thrown away.

A 33-year-old woman who reportedly works for Disney bragged in a Facebook post this week that she received the Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine reserved for frontline health care workers because of a relative’s connection to Redlands Community Hospital.​
“When I woke up this morning, I didn’t think I would be getting the COVID-19 vaccine today. But here we are. I’m so very happy,” the Riverside woman gushed about her good fortune on Sunday, Dec. 20. “Science is basically my religion, so this was a big deal for me.”​

I received the Moderna vaccine this weekend, too. 👍🏻 NP who gave it to me recommended the non-dominant arm, and that worked out well for me since I had lymph node surgery on my dominant side and am really not supposed to get blood drawn or have blood pressures taken there, etc. (However I did for the flu shot because of what I’d heard about movement lessening the pain, and that worked out fine, too. Bad patient, I know.)

I don‘t feel any pain in my arm at all. She said at around the 24-30 hour mark I may feel some symptoms, but that it’s not unexpected. I got a tip sheet with exactly what to do for any symptoms and how to sign up for VSafe. I asked if they’d seen any major reactions and she said they hadn’t. They did have a code cart on hand just in case, and it was busy there.

I was a little nervous in the hours leading up to it, but now that it’s over I‘m glad I got it. Hopefully no major side effects. 🤞🏻

I received the Pfizer vaccine on the 22nd through my employer and didn't seem to experience any adverse reactions. Perhaps this will change when I receive the second dose but we shall see what happens in a few weeks time. Hopefully I'm met with zero surprises but I'll report back here when I get it not that anyone cares. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter