Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All scheduled to get mine tomorrow morning! I'll update if I experience anything.
Update: Just a sore arm for me so far. Typically after a flu shot my arm isn't sore until the next day. I got a little worried when it started hurting about 3 hours later that it would be a lot worse. It's about the same today, maybe even a little better. I did have a very mild headache last night, but I get headaches at least once or twice a week anyway, so it was hard for me to tell if it was just one of my normal ones. But it's gone this morning, my normal ones go away after I sleep so it could have been just that.

My son was vaccinated yesterday before his shift. He is a nurse practitioner in the ER. I will talk to him today to see if he is having any reaction.

ETA - My son reports no reaction to the vaccine. Arm feels like a flu shot. So, all is well after shot #1.

Last edited:

I got mine yesterday morning. I've had a sore arm (worse than flu shot, comparable maybe to TDaP) which is significantly better now, and fatigue (crashed hard last night, slept late, and ready for a nap.) I have my appointment for the next dose scheduled. My hospital system did random vaccine appointment invitations for a percentage of every department rather than target employees.

I just scheduled my vaccines. First 12/29 and the second 1/19/21. I know this thread is for people who have received the vaccine, but I just want to share my excitement! :yay: I feel like adding a countdown clock to my signature. I didn't know that even the act of scheduling would be such a huge relief.

anyone else feeling the same?

I’m a frontline worker (currently working as a Level II nurse in our COVID ICU). Scheduling appointments for our vaccine went live on Sunday. Last night was my first shift since scheduling went live (first appointments are this Friday). I took the next available appointment and it’s January 8th! Apparently, I should have rope-dropped my appointment scheduling :-)

Well they gave me a Fast Pass! I got my first dose this morning after work. Currently, I have zero side effects. I don’t even have tenderness at my injection site. After a rough night watching a patient saying goodbye to loved ones via FaceTime right before they were intubated, this couldn’t come soon enough.

ETA: Now that I’m awake and moving around a bit more, I have mild tenderness at my injection site. Not bad at all.

Last edited:
There was a protest at Stanford Medical Center, which was one of the distribution points in the Bay Area. Apparently they prioritized administration for vaccinations, where only 7 front-line medical workers and the residents who deal with patients all day got vaccinated.

There was a protest at Stanford Medical Center, which was one of the distribution points in the Bay Area. Apparently they prioritized administration for vaccinations, where only 7 front-line medical workers and the residents who deal with patients all day got vaccinated.

They’ve reversed that. They claim it wasn’t on purpose. I’d link but I literally just deleted my history. (read it this AM)

My grandma (in a LTC facility) was supposed to get hers tomorrow. Now it’s been pushed back to “sometime before January 11.” I am so bummed. She has been stuck in her room since March. Doesn’t bode well for me (teacher) getting mine as quickly as I hoped...I can’t wait to be able to go to work without all the anxiety of working with unmasked Petri dishes lol.

(We are in a major metro with hospitals capable of the storage for Pfizer)

3 out of the 7 people I know who have gotten it are having some side effects such as fever, fatigue, body aches, etc... The others are fine.
I wonder if the 3 symptomatic people already had the virus, but didn't know it. So, their bodies are launching the immune response that is experienced after the second shot.

I wonder if the 3 symptomatic people already had the virus, but didn't know it. So, their bodies are launching the immune response that is experienced after the second shot.
🤷🏻‍♀️ who knows.

This is a huge black mark on Stanford University. I know the residents and fellows won't forget how this rolled out to the Pajama Class faculty first.

To be fair, the medical center fills a role where it's not really part of the university. It's a legally independent entity that's affiliated with the medical school and university. At one time they merged with UCSF Health, and that went bad rather quickly. But yeah this is a bad look for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter