Have you ever seen a celebrity at Disney World?

Not counting those I have seen at the Candlelight Processional, then Chef Robert Irvine in the Yacht/Beach area.

Nor sure they fit in the "celebrity" status -

Robert Irvine -
we were having breakfast at the Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club and noticed him a few tables away.

Joey Fantone
- we just came out of the Beach Club lobby and noticed him with two others waiting to get picked up. I noticed others looking/noticing him and he turned his back to them........I remember thinking how rude. Did he think he was that big of a star???? - who cares.

Definitely "celebrity",

Billy Ocean - yes, we see the stars performing at Epcot and won't mention this but we were coming back to the Beach Club after our morning walk and noticed one or two people posing and taking pictures with Billy Ocean. He was all smiles so I in turn waited, went up to him and asked him if I could also take a picture. He had the biggest smile, put his arm around me and kissed me. I would have just walked right on by and smiled had I not seen two others posing with him.

Several closest I got almost touched was Michael Jackson 😀 we were st EOCOT for this one
I consider this person a celebrity - One of my all time favorite Disney VIP - Joe Rohde - early one morning at Animal Kingdom - sadly he had a client with him so I could not approach him the Cast Member with them shook her head no I was so sad !!
I was at Disney when Princess Diana was there with the boys but never saw her
I was there when the Obama girls were there - we spoke to the drivers of their cars but didn’t see the girls
We were at Animal Kingdom Lodge when Steven Tyler was staying there - the Cast Member on his own was like take a peek at his suite - he was staying in the Ashanti suite - really nice
That’s all I can recall off top of my head I’m sure there were more - after 30 years you do start running into them - you also see a lot of them on cruises - but they are more discreet to usher them on and off the ship quietly
Fun thread !!!

We stood behind David Guest in the queue at the WDW MK Will Call window some years ago.

ford family

I rode Soarin' with Robin Williams in 2008. I was in the middle section in the last row and they kept the front row open. About 15 seconds before we were to board a group of suits and Robin Williams strolls up. Robin smiled and waved and then went onto the ride and the rest of us in the section followed to our rows.

I also saw Christopher Meloni from Law and Order SVU at the AKL pool the week before. And yes, he was in his swimsuit :woohoo:.

I saw John Stewart Christmas of 2013. His was staying at the AK and he was in the concierge lounge with his family.

I haven't seen anyone "famous" since then.

I consider this person a celebrity - One of my all time favorite Disney VIP - Joe Rohde -
DH met him at a convention in 2009. He texted me a picture of the two of them he was that excited.

Saw Jillian Michaels (Biggest Loser trainer) and child at DLR.

Was feet away from Debbie Ryan at WDW for Merida's coronation (2013). She waved at our girls were who excited as they watched her shows on the Disney Channel. At the same event was Olympian Gabby Douglas.

Biggest one was Justin Bieber. He was filming for the Christmas special. We came back very late from MVMCP. We saw him in the Beach Club lobby and he took off quick. Dh said - wow I didn’t realize how short he is but his leather jacket is nice. Found out that Selena and him destroyed their room.

Saw Michael Chiklis from The Commish. Coming out of Test Track with his kids on spring break.

Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie with child in stroller at Mickeys Toon Town. They disappeared in a second. I was whispering to Dh - look over there.

My 3 ds would say being so close to Beyoncé on stage that they got a picture of her butt lol. Back in the day when they let guests up close for Christmas tv filming.

Went during Soap Opera weekends. I was young, my aunt doesn’t do well on motion simulator rides and I was still a little skittish. So my aunt and I waited by Star Tours near the backstage fenced off entrance. Just chilling. Bunch of soap stars came out. My aunt got pictures with them and I didn’t really know who they were hahaha

For me, no... for my family, a couple of wrestling stars. We walked past Finn Balor and it was his accent that made all three of them turn around and say "Hey!!" He turned and grinned at them but kept going. (In the midst of their excitement, I was going "Who?? I know you said his name, but who is that?") The other wrestler was Zach-somebody who was on our Star Tours ride. The cast members recognized him also because he was asked if he wanted to ride again, so he and his friends stayed in their seats when we exited.

We saw a few other Disney Descendants kids taping their performances for the holiday tv specials. We seemed to hit that time period a couple of years straight. Not my best planning, but it was fun and memorable. :)

I sat next to Slash (Guns n Roses) and his girlfriend on Soarin.

I have seen a few, mostly around the holidays if they are doing CP. The most high profile, spontaneous sighting was way back. My sister and I were sitting on a bench right behind the castle, facing the carousel, and no one was around. A VIP guide came through the castle with a man, woman, and a baby in a stroller. Seeing them from the back, we didn’t know who they were. They stopped to talk and turned around, and it was Billy Joel, Christy Brinkley and their daughter Alexa in the stroller. The group stood and talked for a few minutes and then went into what was then Tinkerbell’s Toy Shop. The whole time this was happening, there weren’t any other guests in the vicinity.

Got into elevator at BC and Neil Patrick Harris was there with his family. He looked at me and gave a little smile, I looked at him & gave him a little smile but didn't bring attention to him. When we exit the elevator, I told my husband. He was a little disappointed I didn't say something on the elevator, he's a huge autograph person, but it was clear he was on vacation enjoying time with his family and didn't want to bring attention to himself.

Many years ago, I got off of Big Thunder at Disneyland and Michael Jackson (with his security squad) was at the exit. I remember he looked sad and a little overwhelmed.

Xmas 2000, we rode in the elevator at the beach club with The Beast( Robbie Benson)!
He was staying there as he was doing narration for the candlelight processional.

Steven Tyler back in 2000. I ran ahead of my DH to look at a souvenir stand by Rockin' Roller coaster and he was buying a hat. His security detail was a ways back and all I did was smile at him. It was the perfect opportunity to get a picture, but I was star struck....lol. By the time I was motioning to DH to look from afar, he was gone.

Steven Tyler back in 2000. I ran ahead of my DH to look at a souvenir stand by Rockin' Roller coaster and he was buying a hat. His security detail was a ways back and all I did was smile at him. It was the perfect opportunity to get a picture, but I was star struck....lol. By the time I was motioning to DH to look from afar, he was gone.

Wait, they let Steven out of the pre-show? I thought he had to stay in there all the time to demand limos for the guests!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter