Have you ever received a Birthday discount from Senses?

I ask because my sister's birthday is during our cruise. I was thinking of surprising her by booking something, but if they offer a birthday discount as an incentive to book, then I'm shooting myself in the foot by booking early.

We have booked services (mostly just Rainforest room passes) before and never did receive the Birthday discount. I would guess you can't "count" on it.

Yes, I got one. I did not use it... I forget why ? but I did get one. My Birthday was 10 days after we sailed.

Yep, $50. I was told after the treatment that it was not valid on the service I had, but after reminding them I gave them card with the offer on it when I made the reservation, they allowed it.

Yep, $50. I was told after the treatment that it was not valid on the service I had, but after reminding them I gave them card with the offer on it when I made the reservation, they allowed it.

Is there a list of the “allowed” treatments?

I ask because my sister's birthday is during our cruise. I was thinking of surprising her by booking something, but if they offer a birthday discount as an incentive to book, then I'm shooting myself in the foot by booking early.

Honestly as I stated, I have cruised several times with party members having birthdays that month, or even during the cruise, and never received one. It seems to be a tad hit and miss? There may be an opportunity that they will let you apply the discount if you ask. Also you have to use the discount during a Port day it seems. So if you want to surprise your sister and need the spa service to be on a sea day, or want something really specific, go ahead and book would be my advice. Things can and do sell out, especially on sea days. Is it really worth the $50 gable to not get the service booked at all?

DH got it last year in the Dream and he wanted to use it for a swedish massage. He was told that the coupon can’t be used on a regular swedish massage, only on the bamboo one or stone therapy. It doesn’t say anything on the card though, you’ll find out once you actually go to Senses Spa. So I ended up using discount and DH still got his swedish massage.

I got one on my Dream cruise in June. I'm silver and didn't have anything booked in the spa. I ended up using it for a facial on CC day after we got back to the ship (it was only a 3 day).

When we made the reservation though, I did tell DCL it was a 'birthday' cruise celebration, so not sure if that matters or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter