• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever received a Birthday discount from Senses?

TikiThunderPirates

DIS Veteran
I just saw that someone received a Birthday discount from Senses Spa for $50.00 off any massage or facial booked on a port day. Apparently they were sailing during their birthday month and received this.

Curious if this is a new for 2019 "surprise" or older? I have traveled several times in my birthday month, including once on my birthday, and never received an offer from Senses? Mostly just curious. And yes my birthday was noted on the reservation, which they don't seem to notice nearly as much as in the Parks.

I just sailed in Feb on the Fantasy and I did get the $50 off. This was the first time I got it and I almost always sail on my birthday, so it must be new.

Each time we have sailed during a birthday month we have gotten a birthday offer from Senses of some kind. They leave an envelope in the fishhook. We've never taken advantage of any of them, so don't remember what the offers were beyond discount of some type.

SW

I shall have to keep my eyes open on the Dream in 4 weeks...

I got one on the Dream last September! We had sailed the previous September and I did not get one then, so it seems relatively new.

DH and I both got them last August on the Magic, envelopes in our fish. (We both have August birthdays.) Didn't end up using them though. We had pretty full port days and weren't planning to use the spa anyway. Would be great for someone that does use the spa though!

I sailed my birthday month in 2015 and 2017 and didn't get anything. My daughter sailed her birthday month in 2018 and didn't get anything. I wonder if the people that get it are Platinum?

I sailed my birthday month in 2015 and 2017 and didn't get anything. My daughter sailed her birthday month in 2018 and didn't get anything. I wonder if the people that get it are Platinum?

I was silver both times I received it.

If your daughter is not over 18, that is likely why as the spa is 18+. Unless it had not started by her month.

I got it in February and I sailed the week of my birthday. It was our first ever cruise, so we didn't have CC status.

I was silver...and had never used the spa before. So maybe it was an incentive to try? Never did use it...too busy!

Did any of you who got it have Senses booked for anything? I wonder if it's only offered to people who haven't booked?

If your daughter is not over 18, that is likely why as the spa is 18+. Unless it had not started by her month.
It would be nice if she got it. She has used the spa more than I have on our cruises. She loves to get pedicures on the cruise. But, she IS under 18.

It would be nice if she got it. She has used the spa more than I have on our cruises. She loves to get pedicures on the cruise. But, she IS under 18.

I guess they don’t discount Chill Spa.

I received one last week on our Med cruise (on my actual birthday). I've never used the spa in the past and didn't end up using it. I have gold status.

I ask because my sister's birthday is during our cruise. I was thinking of surprising her by booking something, but if they offer a birthday discount as an incentive to book, then I'm shooting myself in the foot by booking early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter