Have You Ever Had To Confront Another Guest's Poor Behavior?

And I'll end up with a story about teacher voice, which -- seriously -- is kinda a super power.

It works with spiders too. A huge one once walked under our bathroom door whilst I was on the loo. I told it to 'Get out of my bathroom' in my teacher voice and it did a 180 back under the door

And I'll end up with a story about teacher voice, which -- seriously -- is kinda a super power.

It works with spiders too. A huge one once walked under our bathroom door whilst I was on the loo. I told it to 'Get out of my bathroom' in my teacher voice and it did a 180 back under the door
Whoah, YOU have master teacher voice!

Reading this I was trying to figure out how I haven't had a big problem with this. I figured it out.

I'm a female-nerd, which I means I'm often doing nerdy things in a group with other nerds. There is a subset of male nerds that doesn't understand personal space. Maybe there are female ones with the same problem, but they aren't rubbing up against me, so I can't say. A long time ago I learned the technique I call "Flying Elbows." I move my arms around normally except that the arms are bent so if anyone is too close, they get an elbow. If someone actually rubs up against me, I turn around quickly with an elbow leading the way. If an elbow connects with someone, I apologize and add that they should stay farther away.

We were on the baggage check line by the ferry at the TTC. I can't remember if it was just not open yet or moving slow, but we were all crammed in there. The woman in front of me takes out spray sunscreen and start spraying herself and her kids - and everyone one else in a ten foot radius whether they wanted it or not. She got my coffee, some little girl next to her in the face etc. I asked her to stop and she started yelling about needing sunscreen or they will burn. I said great but you hit that child in the face and we already have our sunscreen. You can wait until we get through the line or use lotion. She huffed and puffed about people being rude and she needed her sunscreen.
That spray-on sunscreen is used by way too many rude people! I can't tell you how many times I've tasted it bc someone sprays it into the wind. So annoying!

I didn't confront anyone directly but did contact security immediately. In 2008 my sister and I took my ds and niece both 8 yrs old at the time and we were staying at Pop. It was their first time to Disney. Our grandma and cousin lived in Orlando at the time and was meeting us for lunch so we walked to the parking lot to meet them and on the way back to our room we were greeted by a lovely view of a gentlemen showing us all of God's glory(if you know what I mean) in the open window on the ground floor. And yes it was on purpose! It was investigated but I don't think anything ever came of it.

The discussion on the latest Off The Rails show made me think back to this thread. My blood was boiling along with Ryno while listening to his experience (and the others on the show).

Sometimes it's good to be able to vent, otherwise it eats at you forever.

The discussion on the latest Off The Rails show made me think back to this thread. My blood was boiling along with Ryno while listening to his experience (and the others on the show).

Sometimes it's good to be able to vent, otherwise it eats at you forever.
ah yes.

Yes. I used my teacher voice on a group of teen boys without supervision who were acting like a group of teen boys without supervision. A Jungle Cruise CM asked them not to go under the rope by the stairs and to use the ramp to join line. They pretended they didn't hear as she repeatedly asked them to go around. I stopped in front of them with my best teacher/mom face and said, "Gentlemen. Did you not hear her? She asked you to go around," followed by the uncomfortable stare down while I awaited their answer. I got sheepish looks from 4/5 of the group along with the requisite apology. The best was when I said, "Okay. Join the line please," and they did. My daughters just shook their heads and muttered something about "everywhere she goes..." :confused3
How cool! Teacher powers! Kinda like "these are not the droids you're looking for" powers. Lol

I won’t confront at all and this is hard. One time, while a line for a food cart stretched completely across the road, I didn’t see that and said “excuse me!” as I went between people a foot or two apart. A HUGE guy started screaming at me, “Lady, go around!!!!!” I said, “Sorry, excuse me?” and he yelled that they were in line for the popcorn (or whatever it was) and he yelled again ‘Can’t you see that?!?!” Actually, no I can’t, since I’m legally blind, but he pointed to the end of his line near the end of this road. (This is between Fantasyland and near Adventureland). I didn’t say a word about how the line should be along side the walkway/main road, and I never did see where he pointed. Then, his MOTHER, even older than me, started yelling at me. Both of them screamed at me about consideration, being mindful of other people, and more. Some obscene words barreled out of both of them. I stood there, with my dark glasses on in the glaring sun, alone, and took it for about 5 minutes.

I’m like “ok, bye!” and never did know where the heck he was pointing, why there were completely blocking the walkway, or why he was so bent out of shape.

Unfortunately,I was so upset I left the park. I generally see well enough to get by all through life with glasses on, and I know this- but after being yelled at like that I was petrified that I’d somehow offend someone else.

Later, after going to a different park, I realized that I didn’t do anything wrong and they were just miserable people. Something else must have been bothering them, as it was obvious that I was walking, alone, and not about to cut in any sort of line that was misplaced. but I guess it still bothers me, because it was in 2020 and I mentioned it here today.

I wish I was the kind of person who could confront, but I’ve only been able to do it when I see someone bullying or hurting a child.

I won’t confront at all and this is hard. One time, while a line for a food cart stretched completely across the road, I didn’t see that and said “excuse me!” as I went between people a foot or two apart. A HUGE guy started screaming at me, “Lady, go around!!!!!” I said, “Sorry, excuse me?” and he yelled that they were in line for the popcorn (or whatever it was) and he yelled again ‘Can’t you see that?!?!” Actually, no I can’t, since I’m legally blind, but he pointed to the end of his line near the end of this road. (This is between Fantasyland and near Adventureland). I didn’t say a word about how the line should be along side the walkway/main road, and I never did see where he pointed. Then, his MOTHER, even older than me, started yelling at me. Both of them screamed at me about consideration, being mindful of other people, and more. Some obscene words barreled out of both of them. I stood there, with my dark glasses on in the glaring sun, alone, and took it for about 5 minutes.

I’m like “ok, bye!” and never did know where the heck he was pointing, why there were completely blocking the walkway, or why he was so bent out of shape.

Unfortunately,I was so upset I left the park. I generally see well enough to get by all through life with glasses on, and I know this- but after being yelled at like that I was petrified that I’d somehow offend someone else.

Later, after going to a different park, I realized that I didn’t do anything wrong and they were just miserable people. Something else must have been bothering them, as it was obvious that I was walking, alone, and not about to cut in any sort of line that was misplaced. but I guess it still bothers me, because it was in 2020 and I mentioned it here today.

I wish I was the kind of person who could confront, but I’ve only been able to do it when I see someone bullying or hurting a child.
Sadly some people really are just miserable people and that was probably the something else that was bothering them. Sorry that happened to you.

You are so kind. I know I should be able to shrug it off, but I guess I’m sensitive about being unable to see as well as I wish I could- and also about offending people.
I work retail and sadly have to deal with miserable people all the time. After all the years I've worked you would think I could just shrug it off but there are just sometimes I can't. We just have to remember that it isn't really about us. I always tell myself that I'm thankful that at least I don't have to live with those people lol

2017 during the cheerleading competition week, DH and I were in in room at CBR that was somehow placed smack in the middle of a team's rooms. I was a mascot in HS so I didn't mind the frequent practices going on around the resort. Apparently there was an after hours event one night, because we were woken at 1:00 AM by a couple cheerleaders running up and down the row of rooms, banging on doors and yelling to round up their teammates. I got up and flung my door open to the face of 2 very stunned cheerleaders. They apologized, and I would have let it go, but then a coach showed up and gave me the attitude that I shouldn't have been upset, because, well teens and Disney, ya know. She changed her tune when I told her I was not only calling the resort desk, but also would be calling the team's high school the next day. (Their team signs in their room windows made that pretty easy.)

I'm of the opinion that I'll mind my own business, unless your business starts impacting mine.

Twice. Last August I was on a trip with my 3 sons (ages 17,11,and 8 at the time), my SIL, and my niece and nephew (ages 6 and 3). It was time for our RotR boarding so we went to get in line. My 8 year old son and 6 year old niece were holding hands and got separated from us when we filed in to the line. A few people let them go ahead to catch up with us, but when I tried to wave them around the lady directly behind us, she stuck her arm out and refused to let them go by. She looked at them and told them they weren’t allowed to go in front of her. She then looked at me and said, “I’ve been waiting months to ride this and there’s no way I’m letting them in front of me. I don’t care if they’re kids or not. It’s about to rain, too, so I’m getting in that building.” The kids were about to cry so I just said, “hang on guys. Let’s let this lady in front of us. Clearly she’s in a really big hurry and not a very good person if she’s willing to be nasty to kids to get a better spot in line.”

While it does sound like the other guest was incredibly unpleasant, I don't understand how when you lost an 8 and 6 year-old you didn't just stop and let people pass you until the kids reached you. Why would you expect kids to plow up through the line rather than just pulling off and waiting for them?

While it does sound like the other guest was incredibly unpleasant, I don't understand how when you lost an 8 and 6 year-old you didn't just stop and let people pass you until the kids reached you. Why would you expect kids to plow up through the line rather than just pulling off and waiting for them?

I agree. People should move more to the back of the line to join their group.

I agree. People should move more to the back of the line to join their group.

I feel this way too, and have historically gotten bent out of shape about this many times, but in recent years I've just started letting it go. It seems like more and more people think it's acceptable, and that anyone who minds is the rude one. I still don't like it, but I think it might be a societal shift happening, and it's just not worth getting upset about.

If it was me, though, I would still go back to my group instead of expecting the whole line to let my group come to me.

I feel this way too, and have historically gotten bent out of shape about this many times, but in recent years I've just started letting it go. It seems like more and more people think it's acceptable, and that anyone who minds is the rude one. I still don't like it, but I think it might be a societal shift happening, and it's just not worth getting upset about.

If it was me, though, I would still go back to my group instead of expecting the whole line to let my group come to me.

I've gone the opposite. I've started to embrace my inner-old-lady. Looking back there were many times that things would have gone better (and not just for me) if I hadn't bit my tongue. Not just on things like line-cutting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter