Have you ever had anything taken from a stroller? Our first this past trip.

DawnM

DIS Veteran
It was so bizarre. We came back to get the stroller after riding Pirates on Monday and a full chicken strip was missing from inside our bag. We thought maybe a squirrel, but then we realized a bag of gatorade powder was missing too. I mean, I guess an animal may have smelled it but it was a zip lock snack bag filled, so it would not have been easy to cart off.

Thankfully neither item was expensive, which is why I think it may have been an animal. But it was just bizarre.

It was so bizarre. We came back to get the stroller after riding Pirates on Monday and a full chicken strip was missing from inside our bag. We thought maybe a squirrel, but then we realized a bag of gatorade powder was missing too. I mean, I guess an animal may have smelled it but it was a zip lock snack bag filled, so it would not have been easy to cart off.

Thankfully neither item was expensive, which is why I think it may have been an animal. But it was just bizarre.

I have seen a squirrel at DHS loot from the bottom of someone's stroller. The furry thief climbed into the basket, rummaged around and reappeared with a bag of M&M's. They were dragging it underneath them as the ran for cover, so it looked like he was surfing. I had a good laugh about it.

That is bizarre. Magic Kingdom furry friends have been known to be opportunists...or it may have been a little kid who just saw and grabbed without anyone noticing. Now we're going to need stroller cams(!)

You are lucky it was only a food item that was taken.

I had a bag of souvenirs taken from under the stroller when my ODD was little.

I could have dealt with that, annoying but whatever it happens.

Unfortunately, my LV wallet was also in the bag with my ID and we were flying home later that day. I remember leaving the store throwing it in the shopping bag and saying ill take it out and put it back in my backpack when we park the stroller next and I never did.

So, I spent a lot of my last hours in the parks, cancelling all my cards and talking to Jetblue about what to do to be able to get home with no picture ID.

Yes, I have seen squirrels really dig in someone's bag/belongings......could be a possibility.

Could it have been a kids taking it out thinking it has his stroller/belongings? Yes....but I bet it was a squirrel/some kind of bird.

It was almost certainly a squirrel. I was in the Fantasyland bathrooms last month while my wife waited in the stroller parking area with our son. When I came out of the bathroom, she showed me a video she took of a squirrel rummaging through someone's diaper bag under their stroller and making off with a wrapped granola bar. The chicken was on purpose, the Gatorade was likely an accident. They're determined little thieves!

We've been lucky so far. 39 trips and counting and we've never had an item taken. I have taken someone's stroller but it truly was an accident!!! Thankfully they were good sports.

We've been lucky so far. 39 trips and counting and we've never had an item taken. I have taken someone's stroller but it truly was an accident!!! Thankfully they were good sports.
I feel like we’ve all either done this or had this happen.

Funny thing. We didn't realize it until our daughter starting playing with and eating items we did not recognize!! I had purposely bought one of the ugliest strollers I could find and was sure no one else would have the same one. Wrong. The other family were great about it and we all had a laugh.

It's funny because at first, I thought the thread's title was, "Have you ever taken anything from a stroller" and boy I thought this was going to be a very different thread!

On our last trip had a popcorn bucket stole off our wheelchair:sad2:. We had just purchased it and went back to the same cart, the nice young lady said "yup, happens all the time".

My daughter recently post/shared on on her Instagram someone's TiK Tok video of squirrels in Disney eating/grabbing food out of strollers - thought of this thread right away!!!!

I feel like there were a bunch of news stories maybe a year ago on strollers and things in strollers being stolen. Personally I’m shocked what people leave in strollers. Sure it’s Disney but you are there will what 50,000 strangers? I would not leave anything of value in mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter