Have you ever had a room upgrade?

We once booked a 1 bedroom villa at Copper Creek. When we checked in we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa. Now there was only two of us and we had more room than we could use. However, my wife took over the second bathroom just for herself so she was very happy.

Last edited:

We had 3 nights booked in a 2-bedroom at Copper Creek last week (4 adults). Our room ready text said Cabin...we didn't believe it but it was true! We were never contacted about the change but it was a nice surprise for my mom and dad to enjoy.

Congratulations to those who got upgrades. Some of them were amazing--concierge or cabin, wow. We have been members only 11 years and have never had an upgrade. But then we usually reserve 9 or 10 nights.

CCV 2018 - the person above us was continuously smoking on their balcony and the ash was going all over our balcony - not to mention the constant stink of the smoke. We were moved from our 1 bedroom to a cabin for 8 nights surprisingly by the most wonderful duty manager at WL. Of course, we had a fabulous trip but more importantly gained a great friend (duty manager) still four-plus years later. Bonus for DVC - after that trip, we bought a 2nd CCV contract just so we could do cabin trips every few years.

About 7 or so years ago, we had a split stay from BLT to BCV. Hanging around lobby waiting for room checkin.....checked dvc, it says one bedroom.....what, how did I mess up? I thought I had booked a one bedroom by accident. Nope, we were upgraded from a studio to one bedroom. No reason given.

That was the only time.

My upgrade history:
1. Once cause of over booking at VWL:
Booked a studio at VWL, when we tried to check-in, we had been upgraded to a WL 2 bedroom lake view suite. Called some family members to come and join us for an unexpected vacation.

2. Once cause of problem with check-in at AKL:
Booked a standard view studio at AKL-Jambo, checked-in, given a room key as the room was supposed to be ready, went to the room, and found suitcases and purse in the room along with the room not being made up. Went back to the front desk, they gave us an on-the-spot upgrade to a savanna view room in another part of the resort plus four free breakfasts.

3. DCL
Reserved an inside stateroom on DVC points but were upgraded to an ocean view room. We did not find out about the upgrade until we got to the room, what a surprise that was. When our luggage arrived it still had the old room number's tags on them.

4. AKL-Jambo
Booked a standard view room at 5 days out due to a last minute change in home plans. Given a Savanna View room.

5. AKL-Jambo
Got another upgrade in Aug ‘16. Reserved a standard studio, on Sunday before leaving the house checked status of points, made a reservation, etc; found that I had more points in my account than I should have and points in Holding that should not of been there. On the way from home to AKL, I called MS, asked for a status of my points, and they stated they saw the same thing on their system.
After being put on hold, MS came back with an explanation, stating that we had been upgraded from a standard to a full-savanna view room. The points in holding are there for the backroom process of the upgrade. Checked my points on Sunday evening and everything is correct. The room we were given was 5268 with no pen in the view except across the savanna.

6. DCL
Reserved a Wonder inside stateroom 11-C 2nd Deck on DVC points but we were upgraded to an 11-B 6th Deck room in Feb ‘19.

I’ve been upgraded once over dozens of DVC stays over 15 years. That was a Halloween 2020 right after the parks re-opened. I was upgraded from a studio to a 1 bedroom at BLT. It was a great upgrade but I never expect it to happen again.

Jennifer

Ive never had an upgrade on points. Once 1 was upgraded from a studio to a 1 bedroom on cash for 1 night, but never on points.

My wife and I go my pixie dusted to concierge level theme park view at VGF for our honeymoon 12 years ago. Went back to WDW (at poly, with our now 3 kids) this year using rented DVC points, and while on vacation, we put in an offer for a VGF resale!! The pixie dust high made us pull the trigger!! I can’t wait to see if we pass ROFR!!

Not a DVC member but finally had the chance to rent points to try it out.

Booked a studio and, most likely due to how long it took to get a room ready, they bumped us up to a 1-bedroom. Room was absolutely stunning.

I have been onboard with joining DVC for years, but DW was always leery. After this stay she has talked about OKW being "home".

December 2020, we had a studio booked at SSR and on the day we were leaving, I got a call from CM stating that our requested area wasn't available, so would it be ok if she moved us to a different area. When I said "sure," she said, "Oh good, then I will upgrade you to a 2 bedroom!" I didn't tell anyone else and the look on the kids' faces was priceless. Spring break 2021, again had a studio at SSR and walked into a 2 bedroom. I couldn't believe it.

I thought we had one upgrade: value 1 bedroom at Jambo to a savanna view 1 bedroom over near the middle of Kudo trail. I thought all of the value units were on Ostrich and Giraffe trails but someone here at one point last year insisted that the Kudo Trail room was a value room so who knows?

My upgrade history:
1. Once cause of over booking at VWL:
Booked a studio at VWL, when we tried to check-in, we had been upgraded to a WL 2 bedroom lake view suite. Called some family members to come and join us for an unexpected vacation.

2. Once cause of problem with check-in at AKL:
Booked a standard view studio at AKL-Jambo, checked-in, given a room key as the room was supposed to be ready, went to the room, and found suitcases and purse in the room along with the room not being made up. Went back to the front desk, they gave us an on-the-spot upgrade to a savanna view room in another part of the resort plus four free breakfasts.

3. DCL
Reserved an inside stateroom on DVC points but were upgraded to an ocean view room. We did not find out about the upgrade until we got to the room, what a surprise that was. When our luggage arrived it still had the old room number's tags on them.

4. AKL-Jambo
Booked a standard view room at 5 days out due to a last minute change in home plans. Given a Savanna View room.

5. AKL-Jambo
Got another upgrade in Aug ‘16. Reserved a standard studio, on Sunday before leaving the house checked status of points, made a reservation, etc; found that I had more points in my account than I should have and points in Holding that should not of been there. On the way from home to AKL, I called MS, asked for a status of my points, and they stated they saw the same thing on their system.
After being put on hold, MS came back with an explanation, stating that we had been upgraded from a standard to a full-savanna view room. The points in holding are there for the backroom process of the upgrade. Checked my points on Sunday evening and everything is correct. The room we were given was 5268 with no pen in the view except across the savanna.

6. DCL
Reserved a Wonder inside stateroom 11-C 2nd Deck on DVC points but we were upgraded to an 11-B 6th Deck room in Feb ‘19.
Is your name just like some famous person?

Do you get really great tables at resturants too????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter