• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have You Ever Gotten Tired Of Disney?

Too Much Magic?

• Yep. I need a break.

• No way! I love Disney and always will!

• Sort of, but Disney is still okay...

Results are only viewable after voting.
We've been going at least twice a year since 2004 and I still love it! Once we bought DVC, it became a relaxing break instead of a commando rush. We really enjoy what the resorts offer and our park time is shorter and focused on our favorites. There's nothing we "have" to do and we take time for things like boating, horseback riding, mini golf, and leisurely meals. Also, we often bring family and friends, which makes each trip a little different. My family always had vacation at the same beach resort on the Jersey shore with a boardwalk at night. This feels the same...beloved, familiar, comfortable -- sometimes exciting but generally kicked back. It is my happy place and the magic waits for me all over the resort.;)

Sometimes the que areas and the time I spend waiting on rides gets redundant but WDW as a whole, I never get tired of. We always try and mix it up too, we like to try different resorts, eat at places we've never been before and make sure we do the attractions or shows we've never seen first and foremost. There are a few other ways we've tried to keep it interesting, one yr we bought a Hidden Mickey's book and spent out line/que time looking for those. That helped to pass the wait times and kept the kids entertained.

What we get tired of is the rude guests in the parks and the crowds. While there is still plenty of magic in the parks (we were there in early Dec.) the crowds just kind of take the fun out of things. Too much pushing, shoving, the "me" mentality, waiting in long lines, etc. It now takes work to avoid places where there are too many people for us. Actually in December, the park we thought would be the most crowded and hard to plan was HS, with Fantasmic and the Osborne Lights, both highlights for us on December trips. We went on a Tuesday night and Fantasmic was not nearly full and there was hardly anybody at the Osborne Lights. We stayed all day in that park and had a fantastic time. Epcot was way too crowded every day we went. MK crowds were horrible, especially on Wishes night. UGH! So, for us, the magic is still there, it's just the crowds of people that take away some of the magic.

We also try and go on a new ride, or one we haven't done in a long time , or see something we haven't seen before for each park we go to on each trip. So, in April we rode Dumbo for the very first time. Last October we rented a boat and drove from Port Orleans to DTD. We were going to go and see the Tiki Birds in MK in Dec., but we ran out of time. So, that will be on the list for April.

Its funny that I log onto ask this very question. I am comeing to a crossroads In me and my DS WDW trips. My DS now 18, has decided to move on and cut off going to WDW,he also moved out with his GF. Thats ok but it really has made me decide if i wanted to go on with the trips. solo, and i have been going back and fourth. It has always been a father and son trips for the past 8 years and its been eatting at me weather i should see other places. But after reading the comments its really reassured me that it I still have that love of WDW, and very much can contenue going. WDW brings so much joy and exciment its like multi trips In one. I am now going to plan my two trips for 2012 now, may and Dec trips. Going else where would be nice, but i would always be saying i wish i was at WDW,so i am going to skip that and just goto WDW LOL. I admit the solo will be diffrent and maybe kind of hard not haveing my DS there,but i have so many wonderfull memories from our trips that they will be even more reason to return,return to my happy place:rotfl2:. I also lov,love,love to play golf at WDW:love:. It Is by far my favorite place to play, so now I can add a round of golf per day and spend more time at the pools. Two thing my DS did not care for LOL:rotfl2:. So I can always add more or less to make the trips diffrent. So for me, this Is happiness thanks Dis,again answered how i felt:love:

We used to be a couple that bought AP's and went 2-3 times a year. We still LOVE :lovestruc Disney but in smaller doses (5-7 days a trip) and less often (every other year). That keeps it magical for us and also affordable. The economy has made our vacation/recreation budget much smaller now days.

A couple of years ago we bought APs and made 5 trips to WDW within one year, from June '09 thru June '10. It was too much for us. We did a June trip for about 12 days, a mid October trip for about 7 days, a right before Christmas trip for 5 or 6 days, a mid march spring break trip for five days, and ended it in late May early June for about 10 or 11 days. It was too much for us. Too many times at the parks and too many 11 hour drives to Florida. I remember thinking on the last trip that I wasn't sure I ever wanted to do WDW again. But after taking a year break from WDW we went back in June '11 with APs again. But this time we are only doing three trips. June '11, October '11, and another late may early june trip in 2012.

Nope, I've not gotten tired of Disney at all. Like some other posters have mentioned, Disney is my "happy" place. We have taken some long trips, since we travel a long distance to get there, and there are still new things we've never done yet. I really enjoy meeting new people, and I think the castmembers are great. And I love the food there. Enjoying photography as a hobby also, I think that also helps keep things new to me because I really notice so much detail each time I visit.

AP's in 2001, 2005, 2007, and 2011. Generally spent 20+ days in the parks for each year, except the most recent. It's ALL been there, done that, smelled those roses, this time around. Part of it is that the kids have gotten older, part of it is that there really isn't a slow season anymore due to all of the promos and I'm over the crowds, part of it is that frankly, there's really nothing new to see. In the three years between our late 2007 and early 2011 visits, Disney has added one new attraction--TSM. And since my kids are now teen and nearly pre-teen age, the prospect of the Fantasyland expansion really doesn't excite us all that much. We WILL do Universal AP's sometime in the near future because we love Harry Potter, but I doubt we'll do WDW AP's again, ever. At least not until there are some really major additions and/or expansions.

I can't see ever getting "tired" of Disney magic! I could see going a little less frequently than once a year, especially as the kids get older... mix in more vacations to other destinations. But tired of it? Nope! :)

I've never gotten tired of Disney but like other posters I do get tired of rude people. However, I try to brush other's bad behavior aside & focus on all the wonderful things around me and my family.

We try t do something new and exciting every time we go,however we may be running out of things until the new fantasyland expansiOn is done.
2005--that was our first trip, first time on free dining, and first time to experience the magic! We were hooked.
2006-- my mom's and youngest son's first time. We relived the magic all over again!
2007--first time without kids. Magical--just me and my hubby for our anniversary. It was a quick, last minute trip, before we got too busy with our newly purchased business.
2008--kids first time back in a couple of years. First time for toy story mania!
2009--youngest hits that magical 40 inches! First time for Kim possible missions!
2010 sept--husband and I, with no kids-- first time at Coronado springs and on the premium disney dining plan. Absolutely loved eating at the higher end restaurants, and the resort was so romantic--hot tub every night, then we'd drip-dry in a Hammock under the stars :lovestruc
2010 dec--first time seeing Christmas decorations. Absolutely loved the weather!

I think we are running out of firsts..this next vaca will be our first time at spring break. the crowds may be enough to cure us of our Disney passion...I sure hope not.

I've never gotten tired of Disney but like other posters I do get tired of rude people. However, I try to brush other's bad behavior aside & focus on all the wonderful things around me and my family.

Same here. The thing is that I meet rude people at the grocery store and on the subway. If I'm gonna' see them anyway, may as well be at WDW!! :lmao: Somehow they're easier to take when I'm surrounded by Disney magic!

For a while I feared that I was growing tired of Disney, but upon some introspection, it became clear that what we were really tired of was the dining experience. Not the food, per se, but the amount of food that we were consuming, the amount of time dining was taking out of the day, and the fact that entire days ended up planned around the day's dining experience.

To that end, we started eating off site more, as well as eating at fewer buffets so as to not be quite so stuffed. We still eat on site every day, just not three meals per day, and but once we made that change and stopped centering our trips around food, the joy came back. That was a relief, since we own 750 DVC points at BWV and BLT for many years to come and the thought of not wanting to go anymore was making me nervous!

To that end, we started eating off site more, as well as eating at fewer buffets so as to not be quite so stuffed. We still eat on site every day, just not three meals per day, and but once we made that change and stopped centering our trips around food, the joy came back. That was a relief, since we own 750 DVC points at BWV and BLT for many years to come and the thought of not wanting to go anymore was making me nervous!

We have two weeks and points at Marriott's Grande Vista. I wonder if getting off site contributes to our not getting tired of Disney. We are not immersed in it 24 hours a day. We drive down and having a car means we can have meals in our villa, at Disney or drive to a restaurant off site. We also take other trips (being retired has its benefits). Don't get me wrong, there is no place like Disney and for me, at least, it is a healing place and it is my first choice for vacation, but I do think being off site is a plus.

after this last trip I realized how much I hate crowds and standing on long lines. I'll just have to plan to go in off peak times from here on out

I put sort of.

On the last trip I took off my Birthday button half way through the week, if one more person said Happy Birthday I might have screamed.:rotfl:

Who would have thought that you'd get tired of being told that.

I'm already planning the next trip, so not really tired of it yet but it's all still pretty new to me.

I do avoid a lot of the sensory overload stuff like charecter meals and meets and some of the really 'kiddie' stuff and I don't go a do an abundance of any one portion of the attractions because I know that I need a mix of magic and luxuery and thrills and relaxation.

Oh I can definietely see how the burnout would happen, and it almost did after the last trip.

First trip was 2002. DD was 3 and it was, well, magical
In 2004 just me and DD took my Mom and it was, well, magical again.
In 2006 was me DD and DH again. He is NOT a Disney person.
In 2008 was me and DD.
In 2009 was me and DD.
In 2010 me and DD took my Mom again.

Had to take 2011 off because DD started dancing competitvely ($$$$) and the trip with my mom had just about burned us out. We do many other family vactions in between all of this, St. Pete 4x, Washington DC, California 3x, Vegas, and others. We did go to US/IOA and WWoHP because we are mega-harry fans.

Now I'm desperate to get back for Labor Day 2012. The two years off will make it magical again, especially since it will be just around DD 13th birthday, and I know I have precious little time to do this with her again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter