Have you ever done almost everything at MK in one day??

If you have a TouringPlans subscription you can try optimizing their Ultimate Touring Plan for the Magic Kingdom - it has 48 items on it (47 with the Railroad closed).
I plugged in September 16th (which is a 12 hour day + 2 evening EMH = 14 hours total, but is predicted as a 1/10 crowd level), and no matter how many fastpasses I add I still can't get the damn thing to optimize. I imagine if I spent an hour tinkering I could get it close. But the character meets that don't offer Fastpass can jam you up good.

I think the window to do this was during Extra Extra Magic Hours last fall. the 7AM-11PM Fridays would have probably been enough time to work.

If you have a TouringPlans subscription you can try optimizing their Ultimate Touring Plan for the Magic Kingdom - it has 48 items on it (47 with the Railroad closed).
I plugged in September 16th (which is a 12 hour day + 2 evening EMH = 14 hours total, but is predicted as a 1/10 crowd level), and no matter how many fastpasses I add I still can't get the damn thing to optimize. I imagine if I spent an hour tinkering I could get it close. But the character meets that don't offer Fastpass can jam you up good.

I think the window to do this was during Extra Extra Magic Hours last fall. the 7AM-11PM Fridays would have probably been enough time to work.
OK I got it to go. See link below for an optimized Touring Plan that gets you to everything in MK in 1 day. Caveat - you'll need to ride the Main Street Vehicles Pre-Park opening and tour Cinderella's Castle after the official closing time.

1/10 crowd day, 14 hour day including a 2 hour EMH, assumes you prebook 6 FPs with Club Level FP program and find 6 additional day of FastPasses in MDE.

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=4132207

I was looking at some rope drop options and I think it’s possible. If you’ve done it, how’d you manage?

Don't know if I have ever done all attractions in one day, but on the last morning on one of our trips last year, I was able to do 11 attractions in 3 hours, including two shows (9:00 - by 12:00 p.m.). I had to be back at the hotel by 2:00 for our bus to the airport. My wife decided to stay at the resort, hang by the pool with a drink and relax since it was our last day. So, I had the whole "half-day" to myself. Here is what I did in this order.

1. Mainstreet vehicle to the hub close to Tomorrow Land (first time I had ever done it, wasn't even planning on it but the guy was just waiting and asked if I wanted to ride. Aside from being really fun, it saved my feet from walking and got me close to Tomorrow Land).
2. Buzz Light Year.
3. Carousel of Progress.
4. Transit Authority
5. FP Space Mountain.
6. Philhar Magic
7. Under the Sea
8. FP Seven Dwarfs
9. Pirates of the Caribbean
10. FP Splash Mountain.
11. 4th FP Haunted Mansion

Then, around 12:00, I finished it with a meal at Pecos Bills. I also got to see Cal Ripkin Jr. in some sort of promo/photoshoot he was doing that day.

Not really but when you could load up extra MBs with FPs, DD and I each had 4 MBs loaded and we just made a nice leisurely walk around riding all we wanted. We did a lot that day.

Not really but when you could load up extra MBs with FPs, DD and I each had 4 MBs loaded and we just made a nice leisurely walk around riding all we wanted. We did a lot that day.
You could still do that if you were willing to pay 4 separate park admissions!

I remember going on a 10-day trip in early May 2008 and noted that we never waited more than 30 minutes the entire trip for any ride, even in the regular queues. The weather was gorgeous and I was able to do pretty much anything and everything I wanted without time constraints. I then had a break of quite a few years before going back to the parks again and, ever since then, not one visit has been anything like that. To have any chance of doing all the rides in one day at Magic Kingdom, or even close to all of the rides, requires some serious advanced planning taking full advantage of FastPasses, days with long open hours, rope drop, etc.
I remember one day in '10 when we really lucked out with timing and were able to do a lot of things in a row with no wait, not waiting long for anything all day

We have done it at least once and probably had a chance to complete it on a few other occasions. The big change that impacts ones ability to accomplish it today is Fastpass+. Back in the days of the original FP system it was actually pretty easy to do.

As the main group walked to a ride, I would sidetrack to another with all the park tickets and pick up the printout FP and then go meet the group. It was easy to have two or three FP in the pocket and have the next couple rides scheduled based on the available gaps between the FP rides. Sure a couple of the big rides might have FP times hours later but you couple always do other rides/shows and even get FP in between. Now the biggest issue is getting those few key FP like 7 Dwarfs. If you can‘t it really decrease your chances.

DD and I did every single ride, show etc. in MK one day, I believe in April of 2011 ish. It was when the paper fast passes were still a thing. We even rode the horse drawn carriage down Main St. I do know we did it on a day AFTER MK had emh and were there for rope drop. We even took an afternoon break back at the hotel. DD was a teenager then and we are frequent visitors so we took it on as a challenge :)

Sort of... LOL. We’ve done everything we wanted to do. That means we didn’t watch every parade, and skipped a few rides, but that also means we rode some stuff twice. We typically skip Peter Pan, and often skip Monsters Inc.

I was looking at some rope drop options and I think it’s possible. If you’ve done it, how’d you manage?

Absolutely! Get in a time machine and go back to the early 2000's...

Seriously, it is possible but you need to plan. Use your FP+ wisely and plan to hit the headliners early.

Yikes, doesn't even seem possible and if it is who has the stamina for it :confused3
Nowadays with MK being so crowded, most of the time I'm lucky if can get ten rides in a day along with parades and fireworks..

We didn't do every single thing, but we pretty much did everything we wanted to do in a morning at the MK. We did the morning EMH and in the first 2 hours did 8 attractions. Then we used FastPasses and did several more before noon.

Yes, I have done everything and some things twice which include all shows, characters and rides. That was my goal on the last 24 day they had, I accomplished it from 6am to midnight, (then midnight to 6 am was all repeats!) with a dinner at Tony's. However, there are many times in a normal houred day I've done every ride.

This is daunting (I last went to WDW in 2015, though with a 2.5 y/o - so, there were no attempts to do "everything"). It seems like things have really shifted (my last true trip was probably 2011 ... god, was that really almost a decade ago?!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter