Have you ever cross texted?

mikehn

DIS Veteran
This is one of my worst fears. I always check twice before hitting the send button so I think Im good so far. However, I've been on the receiving end of some 'I love you' texts from my ex which were clearly meant for someone else.

I have.

But I also try to make sure that I don't text anything that I would not want made public.

My most recent was when I was texting back and forth with my contractor and my wife at the same time. I ended up texting my contractor our flight and hotel plans for our upcoming vacation.

Last edited:
I’ve done it frequently. I know who is blue and who is green and sometimes text the wrong person with the same colour.

If I’m doing some risky texting ;) I always double check the recipient.

I have.

I've accidentally sent a text meant for my mom to my mother-in-law, but it wasn't incriminating or anything. They're both in my phone as "Mom" w/ the initial of their last name.

The worst cross-text I sent was one meant for my sister which went to my mom instead. DH & I were on a date night. I sent my sister a giggly girly type text about having shaved my legs all the way up (& in other places), & we were just joking w/ each other & sending suggestive, innuendo type texts about how I was going to get lucky that night... well, one of my texts went to my mom.

She never said a word about it.

I've accidentally sent a couple texts to DS that were meant for DH. One of them was something I wouldn't have told DS, but it could have been so much worse. I try to be more careful now.

Oh yes, once. It only takes once (hopefully). I texted a co-worker a 'good morning, I love you, kiss' or something similarly embarrassing that I meant to text my husband when he was traveling. Thankfully, this co-worker and his wife are both close friends, and I caught it right away, but it was so unbelievably awkward, I still cringe.

:confused3 Until you tell me what cross-text means, I'll have to go with "maybe".

I’ve done it frequently. I know who is blue and who is green and sometimes text the wrong person with the same colour.

If I’m doing some risky texting ;) I always double check the recipient.
Do tell...I'm intrigued. :scratchin

I've done it so many times, but fortunately, I've never texted anything that would cause problems or hurt someone. I do try to make sure that I'm texting the right person now, but sometimes I am not as careful as I should be.

I did once, sent a message to my son-in-law that was meant for DH. And he played along and answered like DH would so then I sent another text and he finally let me know what I had done. 🙂 Thankfully it wasn’t an embarrassing text. 🙂

In this instance, I think it means texting one person when you meant to text another. I’ve never heard the term used that way, but I think that’s what the op means.
Oh, OK - thanks, I think I understand now. I've got a whole bunch of group texts that have been on-going for literally years. Once in a while somebody will text the group something (s)he obviously intended for a specific member. Nothing too shocking but it feels awkward to receive it; I can only imagine it's worse to have been the one who sent it. :o

I've also received random texts from numbers I don't recognize. Some of them are fairly personal and assuming the sender is unaware of their mistake, I just reply "wrong number" and hope the person isn't too embarrassed.

I did that on a private message recently. I'm very active in a dog rescue and was asking the director a question about a dog and instead of messaging her, i accidently post on a different rescue person who I was texting because I was fostering for them.

I don’t think I’ve ever sent a cross-text but I did reply to an email once saying something about a co-worker without noticing that the co-worker was cc’d on it. I hadn’t said anything unprofessional but my tone could have been interpreted poorly. I tried to be extra nice to my co-worker to make up for it and we ended up becoming great friends!

Yep, recently and it too was bad. Ugghh. Thought I was texting DH about SIL but nope, I accidentally texted SIL.

And DH recently recorded a clip of him talking to the dog, cussing about work, and accidentally pocket sent it to 2 coworkers.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter