• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever blacked out on a ride?

I'm curious about Mission Space. I have experienced that black out feeling on some rollercoasters, not all, and have been worried that it may happen on Mission Space. Has anyone experienced that on this ride?

i didn't have a black out or grey out on mission space, but i hated the way it made me feel. i felt like i couldn't breathe and it was just awful. i don't even think the ride is very cool, you just push a button over and over. i don't get it, lol.

Never at disney. At our Six Flags (Great Adventure) I almost black out on the Superman ride every time!

Haha! My two examples are from GA, too. The Scream Machine (gone) and Batman!

I don't do well on coasters anymore. I am only 29 and such an old lady! :lmao:

About 15 years ago we went to Carowinds in North/South Carolina. There was a stand up coaster that I blacked out on. Haven't been on another stand up coaster since.

Not related to black outs, but your story reminded me of my dad. We rode a stand up coaster together and he had really bad sunburn on the back of his legs. He said the pressure from going upside on the coaster made his calves BURN. He would not stop whining about it for the rest of our vacation. No other coaster bothered him.

I'm curious about Mission Space. I have experienced that black out feeling on some rollercoasters, not all, and have been worried that it may happen on Mission Space. Has anyone experienced that on this ride?

I've never blacked out on mission space but I have got light headed, dizzy, faint feeling.. After I got off I needed to sit down for awhile and regroup. They warn you before hand though so its totally your choice they let you know what feelings you may occur from it. I do rollar coasters and huge rides all the time at parks, idk why this one effected me differently but I went with four people and they had no problem an went on it more then once during our week trip.

But there are different levels you can do, I think we did one of the more intense ones, or maybe there's only two to pick from but either way, my experience wasn't great but everyone else's was so you never know

Thanks for the responses about Mission Space! I love thrill rides of all types, but after reading so many negative reviews about Mission Space, I've avoided it on the past 2 trips.. looks like I will continue avoiding it!

I avoid Mission Space too. I wish Horizons was still there. Even though I love Epcot, I'm bummed they replaced a family ride that everyone could enjoy with a thrill ride that so many people skip.

I am not sure that the problem has to do with blood pressure but I believe it is more of a 'too much G forces' problem for you. I do experience this also and understand that astronauts are trained to deal with this. What you are supposed to do (and it does help) is to GRUNT continuously when you are going through tough parts of the ride. It will help you to not black out and it's nothing to worry about.

I am not sure that the problem has to do with blood pressure but I believe it is more of a 'too much G forces' problem for you. I do experience this also and understand that astronauts are trained to deal with this. What you are supposed to do (and it does help) is to GRUNT continuously when you are going through tough parts of the ride. It will help you to not black out and it's nothing to worry about.

omg, continuous grunting = hilarious.

I've gotten tunnel vision on the backwards part of EE. I have episodes of vertigo somewhat regularly and knew it would be an issue, but DH wasn't with us, and one of my sons wanted to ride, so I made myself do it. Never again. I was better before the end of the ride, though. Going forward and having wind on my face helped.

I've never done MS because I know it would make me sick. The part at the end of Sum of All Thrills makes me dizzy. You know, the part where you're not moving any more but watching the Raytheon ad. I also don't do Star Tours. I'd kind of like to see the new version, but not badly enough to go through what it would do to me.

I've gotten tunnel vision on the backwards part of EE. I have episodes of vertigo somewhat regularly and knew it would be an issue, but DH wasn't with us, and one of my sons wanted to ride, so I made myself do it. Never again. I was better before the end of the ride, though. Going forward and having wind on my face helped.

I've never done MS because I know it would make me sick. The part at the end of Sum of All Thrills makes me dizzy. You know, the part where you're not moving any more but watching the Raytheon ad. I also don't do Star Tours. I'd kind of like to see the new version, but not badly enough to go through what it would do to me.

Star Tours and Sum of All Thrills both gave me a weird vision thing but I was ok on them. I didn't go back on Star Tours this time because I didn't much like the dizzy feeling and messed up visions but I did ride Sum of All Thrills 3 times lol. It's short so easier to handle!

melissarose said:
i was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else! last summer i blacked out on the hollywood rip ride rockit at universal. actually, i think i technically "greyed out" but it was so scary i still always say i blacked out (plus when i say grey out people are always like, what the heck is that?!).

anyways, i was thinking about it last night because i was looking at my pictures from the trip. it is something i will never forget. just wondering if anyone else has blacked out or greyed out on a ride, at disney or elsewhere?! or if you've had another kind of scary experience?!

After my two heart attacks I rode mission space and I didn't think I would get off . Couldn't breathe, but going back last week of may and want to ride so bad will make my decision out front.

i was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else! last summer i blacked out on the hollywood rip ride rockit at universal. actually, i think i technically "greyed out" but it was so scary i still always say i blacked out (plus when i say grey out people are always like, what the heck is that?!).

anyways, i was thinking about it last night because i was looking at my pictures from the trip. it is something i will never forget. just wondering if anyone else has blacked out or greyed out on a ride, at disney or elsewhere?! or if you've had another kind of scary experience?!

I also almost blacked out on Rip it coaster. ( My hubby's friend used to be engineer there & said that coaster shouldnt be open because so many things are wrong with it) I will NEVER Ride again.... I've never had that sensation ever again just w/ the 1 coaster..... I know exactly how u feel!

A friend of our's who is a great big guy in good health blacked out totally on ToT first and only time he ever road. It was pretty bad and he had to be taken off by medical staff and left in an ambulance. He doesn't remember what happened at all, but the medical people told his wife it was a BP and blood to the brain issue and the elevator motion though smooth was what caused it. Needless to say he really does not do any ride that has a drop in it or turns him upside down any longer:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter