Have you ever accidentally run into a celebrity at WDW?

Chrissy Teigen was on our Wish cruise

ran into her twice. once getting ice cream cones and once in the main deck area

In the early 1990s, we sat near Christina Aquillera and her mother. Mom said her daughter was about to start as a Mousketeer.
Saw Richard Dreyfuss somewhere in Hollywood Studios. This was when that park first opened.
Magic Johnson in the GF lobby when my husband and I were there for our 30th wedding anniversary.

Anyone remember the like ABC channel parades they used to do at MGM at the time? When I went for the 25th anniversary i met Regis and Kathie Lee, I road tower of terror with the Lawrence Brothers and there was a bunch of other actors that were on soon to be cancelled ABC sitcoms

Many a moon ago, we were in line for the Magic Carpets, which at the time, was one of my daughter's favorite rides due to her love of Aladdin. I was doing my best silly voice of Genie, entertaining her. About 10 minutes of this back-and-forth, I noticed the gentleman behind her was smiling, watching our play, and I apologized, as I was confident that we might have been a bit annoying. He assured us that it was no problem at all, and about a minute after that acknowledgement, it hit me that it was Robin Williams.

I met Ryno at Epcot about 4 years ago. It was the first day of The Arts Festival and he was trying out the food booths. I told him I liked the crafts videos he had done in the past and he said he might get back to doing some more. He was so nice.

Last edited:
Cameron Boyd at AK years ago. Walked by him and he smiled and said hi. They were filming something and then a bit after the trip, I was watching Disney Jr with my son and they aired those promotional clips for WDW with him and his sister (who was walking with him when we walked by).

The Mercy Me band. They were staying at the Polynesian the same time we were. It was in September during the time they had the Christian concert. I think it was in 2010. They were all in a hurry to get to their room without being noticed so we didn’t bother them lol

The MercyMe band. They were staying at the Polynesian the same time we were. It was in September during the time they had the Christian concert. I think it was in 2010. They were all in a hurry to get to their room without being noticed so we didn’t bother them lol

Yes! Back in 2021 my family and I were walking in the Land pavilion and as we were coming around from the top to get on the escalators to go downstairs, there was another family leaving. The mom was just getting up from tying her shoe and both the other family and my family looked at each other and said hi and then were on our way. As soon as we got on the escalator, I said to my family “Do you know who that was?!” and of course they didn’t, but I was freaking out. It was Jodi Benson! To this day I still get upset with myself because I didn’t ask for a picture, but I was literally in complete shock!
We just saw Jodi Benson last month. My daughter thought she saw her at EP then the next day we were behind her coming off Tron. My daughter (19) was so excited, and a VIP guide saw her reaction and confirmed it was Jodi.

We were in Disneyland last March and my daughter saw a guy in a “Frozen staff” jacket. She recognized him from the Making of Frozen 2. We ended up being in front of him on a ride and my daughter wouldn’t say anything so I did, then we had a nice chat with him. To my daughter, who wants to be an Imagineer, that was better than seeing anyone famous!

Staying at the Boardwalk Inn on club level I have met several celebrities who were there for the Candlelight at the holidays and Eat to the Beat Over the years I have met Andi MacDowell, Jose Feliciano, Stephen Curtis Chapman to name a few. Jeremy Bulloch and his wife Maureen also were frequent guest there for Star Wars Weekend. My grandson was thrilled to meet them. I also had the pleasure of meeting Jeffery Osborne T the beach Club and my favorite was Bob Iger at the Boardwalk!

Lori Beth Denberg in 1997 I think in Disneyland. Inside the main street building I believe, some official type building right near the entrance.

in the early 80's we stayed at the Contemporary and my brother-in-law ran into Gallagher - said something about needing large hammer and he laughed and they went their separate ways.

I'm a little old (school) and when I was quite young and on an orchestra trip with my school we saw Lloyd Bridges. I'm not totally sure i knew who he was at the time, but do now, lol. He was at the MK near Crystal Pavilion if I have that somewhat right. He was gracious and I was able to get a pic of him (of course on a real camera not a phone).

We also saw Scottie Pippen with family I think, at the Poly, oh maybe 10 years ago...he was near the monorail station. He seemed happy to be acknowledged (no pics).

Also a little more obscure was Frankie Grande (Arianna Grande's brother) who was on Big Brother a number of years ago. He was at Universal when Gringott's had just opened. Gringott's kept going down in the early days and that day was no exception. We were turned away (with a return ticket in hand) and we passed him on our way out while he was still coming in with a few friends. We recognized him immediately and were a little speechless and I think he got that and he just said in a cute way "welcome to Gringotts!" For those who saw his Big Brother season of course later I thought to say "hollar!" but always in hindsight right?

It’s funny but when you see someone famous in the parks or shops etc it takes a moment to register why they look familiar. Years ago I said to my daughter that lady who just walked by looks just like Donna Fargo. She stepped back and whispered that’s because she is smiled and walked away! Then I had to explain who she was to my kids. Lol

In Jan of 2017 our vacation happened to cross paths with the NFL Pro Bowl. We were waiting for our reservation at The Plaza in MK and saw Denver Broncos receivers Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders, Carolina Panthers tight end Greg Olsen, Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier and Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker, prepping for the Parade.
Also, we ran into Bob Iger one morning at the MK.

IDK remember what year it was but we rode the resort line monorail with Katie Holmes, Suri and (I think it was Katie's mom) from MK. We didn't say anything as they sat across from just us the in monorail cabin b/c I didn't want to interrupt her time with her child, but I think she realized we knew who they were and smiled sweetly at us. We presumed they got off at the GF since they were still on when we got off the monorail at the Poly.

I saw all three of the Jonas Brothers and their families in Magic Kingdom. They had two VIP tour guides plus their personal security, and a crowd was forming everywhere they went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter