• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever accidentally run into a celebrity at WDW?

We saw Harry Hamlin and Lisa Rinna about 15 years ago in the Emporium at Magic Kingdom. Just wanted to add to the John Stamos chat. Never saw him in Disney, but when I was about 11 or 12 ( about 37-38 years ago), I saw him at the Philadelphia Auto Show---- He kissed me on the cheek when I begged him to come back to General Hospital. He said "for you I will"----- My joke is He kissed me and lied to me lol. Seriously....I'll never ever forget it. Such a sweet person. Love him.
We saw John Stamos in a small theatre performing with The Beach Boys and they graciously signed my kids CD purchases.

We saw them filming The Middle when we were at Epcot a few years back! :)

Also saw Kelly Ripa at MK. She is soooooo tiny. Like size -4 tiny in person!
We saw Kelly and Mark at California Grill. I also was in the audience for her show when she was still with Regis and Pierce Bronson was a guest. She is so small!

No celebs at WDW.

But, last year at DLR, I saw a person who was the spitting image of Rick Fox (former basketball player and personality) at DLH so I'm counting that one. And, while in Fantasyland, my DD and DW say they saw one of the Housewives from one of the cities in America. I don't recall the name.

Several celebrity chefs back when Food and Wine was brining them in.

Ran into Robert Irvine in MK waiting in line for Big Thunder.

Morimoto, Emeril and Tod English in Epcot, but they are there for events so probably not that big a deal.

Over at Universal we ran into Will Smith at the Portofino hotel.

Several celebrity chefs back when Food and Wine was brining them in.
I'd forgotten about that. The first few years we went to the Food and Wine, I remember a few Chefs I'd seen on the Food Network. I even remember one whom I saw after (not before). And I saw a veterinarian I'd seen on Disney +, out at Rafiki's Planet watch one day, doing a vet procedure. Does that count? Come to think of it, I only saw him on the other side of glass.

I'm posting this in the resorts thread because that's where it happened but if it belongs somewhere else, Mods, feel free to move it.

Have any of you ever bumped into a celebrity at a Disney property and what was it like? Years ago when I lived in Orlando, my gf, our son, and I were leaving the Boardwalk in the evening (we were playing scrabble in the lounge) and ran into none other than Dennis Rodman himself in the empty lobby. We got a kick out of this as we are both from Detroit. Rodman was gracious, and even held my son for a few minutes before commenting, "he's beautiful, but tired. Take him home." It was really a wonderful moment that I'll never forget. Despite what you read, Rodman was a real gentleman.

Hopefully there are some good stories out there.
Was in the club lounge at the GF with Buddy the cake boss and at WL with the guy from Pawn Stars. Sat at a table next to Slash at Sanaa. My DW had the best encounter with a table next to Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise at Be Our Guest.

I'm posting this in the resorts thread because that's where it happened but if it belongs somewhere else, Mods, feel free to move it.

Have any of you ever bumped into a celebrity at a Disney property and what was it like? Years ago when I lived in Orlando, my gf, our son, and I were leaving the Boardwalk in the evening (we were playing scrabble in the lounge) and ran into none other than Dennis Rodman himself in the empty lobby. We got a kick out of this as we are both from Detroit. Rodman was gracious, and even held my son for a few minutes before commenting, "he's beautiful, but tired. Take him home." It was really a wonderful moment that I'll never forget. Despite what you read, Rodman was a real gentleman.

Hopefully there are some good stories out there.
We were having lunch at Yak & Yeti (TS).
Our table was right next to the bottom of the steps.
Down the steps comes a little girl running at full speed! So fast, that she accidentally ran right into our table!
Before I could ask if she was okay, her father Neil Patrick Harris comes to her aid and to apologize to us. I could barely speak I was so surprised. He was so kind and apologetic. No security just a well made hat covering his face.
I was shocked! He was performing in the CP at Epcot that week but I didn't expect to see him, let alone speak with him.

Jane Seymour in the elevator at Beach Club. Sat next to Celine Dion at the MK Christmas party parade.

Only experience we had was a guy I didn’t know but the hubby and nephew instantly knew him! Kirk Herbstreit, at the ESPN club back in about 2014 or so! Apparently he was a sports announcer and maybe use to be a player, maybe not 🤷‍♀️! Have seen a couple other people over the years but not at Disney!

Not at WDW, but we ran into Andres Galarraga, aka The Big Cat, MLB player, while we were in the terminal waiting to board the Wonder in 2010. Oh, I did see Oliver, formerly of the DIS, at Epcot in 2017.

When I was a kid, my dad played in the Oldsmobile Golf Classic.....
For like a decade.....

Meets lots of golfers.... does that count
When I lived in Orlando, I worked in the accounting office of King Automotive. We supplied all the fleet vehicles for Reedy Creek, and we also supplied the transport for the elite golfers in the Olds Classic in 1996. When I was getting all the paperwork signed, Tiger Woods and his posse were walking across to the course. He stopped and asked me if I’d brought him a Cadillac, and I said I thought this was the Oldsmobile Classic, not the Caddy Classic. He winked and kept walking. He was sooo skinny back then! I think I still have the promo tshirt somewhere. I didn’t know enough to get an autograph.

As far as vloggers, we have met Tim Tracker (daughter did the outro), Oliver and Spencer, Josh and Jenna, Corey Meets World, Deni and Craig. They were all very nice too.

Nobody super famous but if vloggers count, then I have seen All Ears Emma, Molly and Jenny Nicholson...

We saw Kevin Pollack at the Starbucks in DCA just last week! I didn't notice at first but my husband texted me because he was standing right next to him waiting for his coffee.

Several years ago we saw Michael Oher and the Touey family on the Boardwalk playing the basketball games and again going through the back entrance on TOT.

Nick & Vanessa Lachey & family in World Showcase in May/June 2022.

American Idol contestants Wade Cota & Lacey Kaye Booth at Disneyland in 2019.

James Harden at the Mexican pavilion in Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter