Have you ever accidentally run into a celebrity at WDW?

Oh, wait, I just remembered another. I could swear we saw Burt from The Big Bang Theory at Bengal BBQ once.

Speak my name three times...

I have not run into anyone at WDW (as far as I know). Disneyland, however... My wife (who grew up between DC and Baltimore) fangirl'd Cal Ripken and got him to sign her Disneyland monorail pilot's license (it was the only piece of paper she had). I also stood in line behind Pierce Brosnan in Pieces of Eight, where we were both buying our kids pirate-y stuff. No one said anything to/about him until he left at which point the CMs behind the counter did the "was that who I thought it was" thing.

Cal is taller than you'd think. Pierce is shorter. Neither was being shepherded by a Plaid.

I forgot about the Honey Boo Boo thing until you brought it up. Greatness indeed.

Speak my name three times...

I have not run into anyone at WDW (as far as I know). Disneyland, however... My wife (who grew up between DC and Baltimore) fangirl'd Cal Ripken and got him to sign her Disneyland monorail pilot's license (it was the only piece of paper she had). I also stood in line behind Pierce Brosnan in Pieces of Eight, where we were both buying our kids pirate-y stuff. No one said anything to/about him until he left at which point the CMs behind the counter did the "was that who I thought it was" thing.

Cal is taller than you'd think. Pierce is shorter. Neither was being shepherded by a Plaid.

I forgot about the Honey Boo Boo thing until you brought it up. Greatness indeed.
I would have fainted if I saw Pierce Brosnan that close!!!! Wow!
I have never seen a celebrity at WDW. You guys are all so lucky.

This was some years ago, but when I did my ICP I worked at a stunt show in studios and one day we were prepped for a very special guest who would be surrounded by security and special agents. After much anticipation we were greeted with the most average looking family and no special agents. Turns out it was Prince Edward and his family. He was pushing the stroller and doing the typical Disney Dad duties.

In the 90s saw hulk hogan with his family, with a VIP tour guide. We rode carousel of progress with them, afterwards Brooke was whining that she wanted to do water rides. I think I did discreetly take a picture of the group. Our family talks about this to this day, I think they are over my Bill Clinton story.

I’ve run into John Stamos on property.
We were there when Full House was filming their Disney episode. Spent ALL week looking for John Stamos never saw him but I did see Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie) at Prime Time Cafe and we saw them filming in the MK at the carrousel when Michelle ran off.

A friend who was a GF CL CM said John was a sweetheart.

This was some years ago, but when I did my ICP I worked at a stunt show in studios and one day we were prepped for a very special guest who would be surrounded by security and special agents. After much anticipation we were greeted with the most average looking family and no special agents. Turns out it was Prince Edward and his family. He was pushing the stroller and doing the typical Disney Dad duties.
We also saw Prince Edward & his family at the GF. Thought it was funny the had private dining set up a table in CL lounge

I'm posting this in the resorts thread because that's where it happened but if it belongs somewhere else, Mods, feel free to move it.

Have any of you ever bumped into a celebrity at a Disney property and what was it like? Years ago when I lived in Orlando, my gf, our son, and I were leaving the Boardwalk in the evening (we were playing scrabble in the lounge) and ran into none other than Dennis Rodman himself in the empty lobby. We got a kick out of this as we are both from Detroit. Rodman was gracious, and even held my son for a few minutes before commenting, "he's beautiful, but tired. Take him home." It was really a wonderful moment that I'll never forget. Despite what you read, Rodman was a real gentleman.

Hopefully there are some good stories out there.
Ya, Adam Sandler next to us in a line. Unfortunately, he was less than friendly!

I'm posting this in the resorts thread because that's where it happened but if it belongs somewhere else, Mods, feel free to move it.

Have any of you ever bumped into a celebrity at a Disney property and what was it like? Years ago when I lived in Orlando, my gf, our son, and I were leaving the Boardwalk in the evening (we were playing scrabble in the lounge) and ran into none other than Dennis Rodman himself in the empty lobby. We got a kick out of this as we are both from Detroit. Rodman was gracious, and even held my son for a few minutes before commenting, "he's beautiful, but tired. Take him home." It was really a wonderful moment that I'll never forget. Despite what you read, Rodman was a real gentleman.

Hopefully there are some good stories out there.
Ya, Adam Sandler next to us in a line. Unfortunately, he was less than friendly!

We have seen the Lopez twins from the NBA multiple times as they are huge Disney fans and there pretty regularly in the off-season. We also saw Murr from Impractical Jokers last year when Joey Fatone was performing at Epcot. Murr was doing a song during Joeys show and was very nice to meet. There were more people looking to meet Murr than Joey, lol. As far as vloggers, we have met Tim Tracker (daughter did the outro), Oliver and Spencer, Josh and Jenna, Corey Meets World, Deni and Craig. They were all very nice too.

We were at MK when they were filming an episode from The Middle. We were backstage on a Keys to the Kingdom tour when we saw Patricia Heaton, Neil Flynn and Charlie McDermont walking to their trailers. I waved at them but only Charlie waved back. :)

We saw Carla Hall (celebrity chef) and her family a couple of years ago. They were on a VIP tour.

Last year I saw June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) and Paul Scheer (he's been in a bunch of stuff) in line for ROTR. They were with their kids and either people didn't recognize them or were just leaving them alone.
We must’ve been visiting at the same time as we saw them in Epcot last year.

On an earlier trip we saw Johnny Damon, also in Epcot. When I was younger in the late 90s, we saw Josh Brolin and Minnie Driver at Blizzard Beach.

Shared an elevator at YC with Robert Irvine (chef seen a lot on Food Network), who, while unfair to judge from a 20 second elevator ride, seemed rather annoyed to be there.
I spotted him outside the Grand Californian and he seemed happy. Maybe he's just more of a west coast guy. 😉

I spotted him outside the Grand Californian and he seemed happy. Maybe he's just more of a west coast guy. 😉

I guess I just assumed based on the Kokomo video that he was just always hanging out at the Grand Floridian....

john-stamos-beach-boys.jpg

Last edited:
We saw Carla Hall (celebrity chef) and her family a couple of years ago. They were on a VIP tour.
Carla Hall is one that I'd expect to be friendly, and a little crazy. There's a Halloween Baking Contest that she's been a judge on and she really get's into being some crazy characters.

Does walking around a corner and randomly seeing Kool and the Gang and KC and the Sunshine Band on the West End Stage at Pleasure Island count? (Yeah, I didn’t think so 😆)
Sorry for me KANG would be the best..my fav concerts...seen them many of times..including during food and wine.

Saw Ben Stiller and family in Animal Kingdom near the Safari in the first year the park was open. Nothing since!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter