Have you done gift wrapping as a fundraiser before?

My sorority did this last year. We found earlier in December was busier. The last Saturday before Christmas was dead at the mall!
They provided us a free booth, and we had to supply everything else.

We have done it (and will do it again) at LLBeans. They provided everything we needed. :thumbsup2

We scheduled 4 boys/2 adults for 1.5 hour shifts. Honestly, with kids, you're not going to get a long shift out of them.

Can't agree more to be sure everyone signed up knows how to wrap. We had some prep time before the big day practicing with newspaper.

I think it helps to if the kids can answer WHY they are having a fundraiser. (Nothing worse than one saying "because my mom told me I had to".)
Beans had a sign on the counter with our troop number, you can check if there is a way to put one up. If your group has uniforms/matching Tshirts, have everyone wear those. (We had all the boys wear their uniforms.)

I realize this is an old thread, but I'm wondering if anyone is still here that can offer suggestions for the logistics of making sure that the right wrapped gifts all get back to the right person. My biggest concern is returning a wrapped gift to someone and having it turn out to be someone else's!

Yes, the patrons wait for their gifts. The organization that I am a part of does gift wrapping at Barnes and Noble. They set up a table and the customers make their purchases then come over for gift wrapping if they would like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter