Have you brought your picky kids to California Grill?

maswanson11

Mouseketeer
I just scored an 8:00 ADR at California Grill for our trip next month. Thinking it will be awesome to see the fireworks! Trouble is my 3 DD are picky! I am already planning to just pay out of pocket for their meals and not use our dining credits but wondered if they are going to walk away hungry?

Have you brought your picky kids and if so, what did they eat? Anyone have pics of the kids meals at CG?

Thanks!

As a former picky child, I can say I ate at California Grill in the height of my pickiness at age 9.

I didn't eat off of the kids meal. I ate Filet and substituted potatoes for whatever they were trying to pass off as a side. I don't have any photos of the kids meals, but I'm sure Google does.

I just scored an 8:00 ADR at California Grill for our trip next month. Thinking it will be awesome to see the fireworks! Trouble is my 3 DD are picky! I am already planning to just pay out of pocket for their meals and not use our dining credits but wondered if they are going to walk away hungry?

Have you brought your picky kids and if so, what did they eat? Anyone have pics of the kids meals at CG?

Thanks!
The puff-rice sushi dessert was a winner!

DD is not picky but one visit she wanted a plain cheese pizza and a plain cheese pizza is what she got.

CG will accommodate you & your girls. If they like plain grilled chicken or steak, etc, ask the waiter/waitress that it be made plain, no sauces, fancy seasonings, etc. the food will still be presented in a “fancy” way in my opinion but will be familiar. My 2 teenage DDs got grilled chicken with mac & cheese & were happy! It is a great place to watch MK fireworks!

Attachments

• FF74E282-58EB-449F-824C-F7151CEADFFC.jpeg
    FF74E282-58EB-449F-824C-F7151CEADFFC.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 20
CG will accommodate you & your girls. If they like plain grilled chicken or steak, etc, ask the waiter/waitress that it be made plain, no sauces, fancy seasonings, etc. the food will still be presented in a “fancy” way in my opinion but will be familiar. My 2 teenage DDs got grilled chicken with mac & cheese & were happy! It is a great place to watch MK fireworks!

Yes!! They will eat this! Glad to see they will plain down a meal! They will eat plain grilled chicken or steak and mac’n’cheese or plain mash potatoes or simple raw veggies. Thank you, now I know what to ask for.

this is my go-to signature with my picky kid. When he was 6 he had pizza, no sauce (now he does eat sauce). When he was 8 he had filet mignon plain with kids mac and cheese as a side and declared it the best meal he's ever eaten making happy noises the whole time. They are super nice and very accommodating there. For the price of the adult filet they were happy to sub kids mac and cheese as a side. it's house made so he also declared it the best mac and cheese of the trip, it's not the standard stuff they serve elsewhere.

CG is the best place ever for a picky kid. They will pretty much get you anything your child wants (within reason, obviously!). They used to give goldfish crackers as an appetizer to keep the little kids busy. My kids are a bit older now, so not sure if they still do that.

CG is the best place ever for a picky kid. They will pretty much get you anything your child wants (within reason, obviously!). They used to give goldfish crackers as an appetizer to keep the little kids busy. My kids are a bit older now, so not sure if they still do that.
I don't think so, we haven't had it since my son was 2 and I took him back at 6 and 8.

It's hands down our favorite place and part of that is the awesome service. They will go out of their way to accommodate your child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter