Have you been back to your honeymoon spot?

Weird, but I never thought about that. The answer is no! We stayed in the Château Frontenac in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. Beautiful place right at the mouth of the St. Lawrence River. At that time in 1972 (52 years ago if you're counting) I almost had to sell my soul to be able to afford three nights there. I didn't ever even occur to either myself or my wife to return. It was a great one time experience, but something that I really feel cannot be duplicated with the same emotional basis.

Also the first couple of days were at the Queen E in Montreal. Sort of a rest up spot after the wedding/reception. We did stay around it in Montreal many times but never went back to the hotel itself.

Kind of. We went to St Thomas on our honeymoon. We've been back to the island several times but haven't been back to the specific resort.

Second marriage for both of us, and I had a young child, so all we took was a long weekend at Cape Cod (we lived in central MA). In the first few years, we went back a few times, always with the kids. Then, since 1992, we've lived here in Texas, and haven't gone back-yet! But for our 42nd Anniversary this year, we've got reservations at an airbnb and can't wait to go back. So thanks for this question and the opportunity for me to share my excitement.

We tried to go back to where we got married but the building was boarded up. Then we decided to have lunch where we had the meal and it’s now a pub but we did stay where we stayed. Unfortunately that was the last time since it was sold off and is now dog friendly cottages and I am allergic to many breeds. Oh well.

We honeymooned at the Polynesian resort back in 1979.....I still have the invoice that shows our nightly rate for a Lagoon View room was $65.00 per night! We have been back several times and most recently in September we stopped at the resort for a Dole Whip to celebrate our anniversary (we stayed at Coronado Springs that trip which was much more reasonably priced LOL).

MJ

Montreal and Quebec City. I'll be going in a couple of months with DD as she's considering going to school there; not sure yet if DH can come along, as he might have to work. We haven't been back since our honeymoon, as I've become less cold-tolerant as I've gotten older, and also, for some reason, that part of the world is one of the most expensive to get to from here, so visiting again never worked out.
My parents had gone years ago and the pics made it look very romantic and European but that was not our experience at all. We booked a place there online, arrived to find the hotel covered in graffiti in a sketchy area. So we left. We couldn’t find anything else so we headed back to USA. We were stopped at the border and I explained what happened and the border agent goes that’s a fantastic story. I was like I know right and my husband says no, he means he doesn’t believe you. I was like wait, what? Why not? So they searched the car, made us go inside and have a talk with more agents. Turns out he was young , new and overly zealous. We had a friendly chat about sports teams and headed back home.

Second marriage for both of us, and I had a young child, so all we took was a long weekend at Cape Cod (we lived in central MA). In the first few years, we went back a few times, always with the kids. Then, since 1992, we've lived here in Texas, and haven't gone back-yet! But for our 42nd Anniversary this year, we've got reservations at an airbnb and can't wait to go back. So thanks for this question and the opportunity for me to share my excitement.
Enjoy your upcoming trip and happy anniversary! We had not stayed at the cape until 2020. We discovered we like it. We even had a brush with celebrity. That home alone kid was filming in P town and we ran into him like 3 times in one day. Once in a pizza shop, once on the beach and again when walking back to where we parked on the pier which wound up being where the crew set up. He was filming American Horror Story.

We got married on our room at the Poly in May 2022 (just us with an officiant) and go back this May for the first time since!! So excited. Staying at BLT but definitely will be having a celebratory drink somewhere at the Poly on our anniversary night. Our room was at the end of a building so we'll always be able to easily point out the balcony on future visits💕

It's totally understandable how those honeymoon spots can slip from memory. But now that you've brought it up, maybe it's time to start considering a trip back. Who knows, it could be a fun reunion with some beautiful memories.

My parents had gone years ago and the pics made it look very romantic and European but that was not our experience at all. We booked a place there online, arrived to find the hotel covered in graffiti in a sketchy area. So we left. We couldn’t find anything else so we headed back to USA. We were stopped at the border and I explained what happened and the border agent goes that’s a fantastic story. I was like I know right and my husband says no, he means he doesn’t believe you. I was like wait, what? Why not? So they searched the car, made us go inside and have a talk with more agents. Turns out he was young , new and overly zealous. We had a friendly chat about sports teams and headed back home.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Ours was lovely; it was fall and the leaves had turned, and it was very cozy with fireplaces everywhere and lots of good French food. (Our only hitch was that we had used every bit of our vacation time, and DH realized on the day before we needed to fly home that he had accidentally left his only pair of black dress shoes at my sister's house--in New Orleans--when we changed after the ceremony. So we had to go shoe-shopping because he had to be at work, in a suit, first thing on Monday. We went to the big downtown La Baie store, and I had a bit of a panicked moment when I blanked on the French word for shoes. I did spot it on the directory after a while, though, so it was all good except the hit to his wallet, LOL.) I found a lovely piece of raw amethyst on a beach in Nova Scotia, and DH had it cut and made into a necklace for me a few years later.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Ours was lovely; it was fall and the leaves had turned, and it was very cozy with fireplaces everywhere and lots of good French food. (Our only hitch was that we had used every bit of our vacation time, and DH realized on the day before we needed to fly home that he had accidentally left his only pair of black dress shoes at my sister's house--in New Orleans--when we changed after the ceremony. So we had to go shoe-shopping because he had to be at work, in a suit, first thing on Monday. We went to the big downtown La Baie store, and I had a bit of a panicked moment when I blanked on the French word for shoes. I did spot it on the directory after a while, though, so it was all good except the hit to his wallet, LOL.) I found a lovely piece of raw amethyst on a beach in Nova Scotia, and DH had it cut and made into a necklace for me a few years later.
Oh that sounds so nice. Well maybe not the shoe shopping. lol
The first time I flew to Scotland the airline sent my luggage to Italy so I had to shop for panties and several outfits. My husband said the way I handled it was one of the things he liked about me. It was when BA opened terminal 5 at Heathrow and the kinks in automated baggage handling were not worked out. They “lost” thousands of pieces of baggage. It wasn’t like there was anything we could do about it.

We honeymooned in the Poconos and I would have zero desire to return - but it doesn't matter as the resort is closed anyway. We did a couple of nights at Hershey at the end, and I would like to return there and take our daughter. The Poconos experience did, however, show me how much I love all inclusive vacations and that led me to Disney (with dining plan) and multiple cruises since.

We honeymooned in the Poconos and I would have zero desire to return - but it doesn't matter as the resort is closed anyway. We did a couple of nights at Hershey at the end, and I would like to return there and take our daughter. The Poconos experience did, however, show me how much I love all inclusive vacations and that led me to Disney (with dining plan) and multiple cruises since.
My parents honeymooned there in 1964❤️

That's the secret, if one goes to all the effort to go to either Montreal or Quebec City go to the finer Hotels. There are many in downtown Montreal (I think that the Queen E is the best) but for Quebec City the real romantic experience can only be found at the Château Frontenac. Our room was in one of the curved walled sections visible on the right side of the picture. It overlooked the mouth of the St. Lawrence River. However, like then, it is expensive but worthwhile.

1713106573645.png

No, but we plan to revisit our honeymoon spot soon. It's the perfect way to celebrate our anniversary and remember the beginning of our journey together. Today, I'm taking on the task of planning all the details of the trip, starting with vettix. I need to book accommodations and map out activities, I want to make sure that everything is just as magical as it was the first time around.

Last edited:
Yes, once. Honeymooned in Hawaii. My mom gifted a cruise around Hawaii on NCL America for my wife and I and our kids to mark out 25th wedding anniversary and our 50th birthdays. Mom came along too. As she put it, she was spending a little of our inheritance while she was here to see us enjoying it.

In Feb. 1982, after we both hit on each other at her Navy recruiter’s office, I took my ‘future’ wife out for our first date at the Pheasant Run Resort’s Dinner Playhouse in St. Charles, Illinois.

Returning to the scene of our first date, we honeymooned in this resort Oct. 15, 1982.
The Cubbies were in the playoffs. But waited until 2016 to win the World Series!

Sadly, The Dinner Playhouse was converted to the Mainstage Theater in 2002, and the Pheasant Run Resort itself closed for good in March 2020, and demolition started in Nov. 2023.

I do at least have a Sugar Packet from the resort for my Sugar Packet collection!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter