Have you been back to your honeymoon spot?

Sort of. We went to 3 islands - Oahu, Maui, and the Big Island. Have been to Oahu and Kauai with the kids.

We did the drive around Lake Michigan, Chicago up north to Door County, Sturgeon Bay, Green Bay, up over the top of the Lake, down to Mackinac, Traverse City, down to Ludington, ferry across the Lake to Milwaukee and down to Chicago. So, a lot of territory there, been back to parts of it.
Been on that ferry a few times. DH's family ran the company in Sturgeon Bay that built the SS Badger.

June 1973 we flew from JFK into Montego Bay and then took a van to The Plantation Inn, Ocho Rios-Jamacia. In 2022 we took a cruise that stopped at the Ocho Rios Port and all we wanted to do was to walk off the ship onto Jamaican soil then turn around and get back on the ship. When we got off the pier and onto the land we took a few steps and started to turn around when a gentleman quickly asked us if there was a problem. I said no and mentioned that we had Honeymooned 49 years ago in Ocho Rios at The Plantation Inn and we only wanted to walk on Ocho Rios land again then return to the ship. He laughed then told a few people nearby what we were doing and that we were there before he was born, congratulated us and wished us a continued happy marriage.

In June we'll be cruising on our 51st Anniversary.

First marriage: London and Paris honeymoon. I’ve returned to London three times but not to Paris.

Second marriage: I’m not sure if we even had a honeymoon. A few week after getting married we went to Dallas for a long weekend, but that trip was booked before we decided to get married. Six months afterward we went to WDW. We’ve returned to both.

Yes. We did a 2 week Florida tour. I remember we went to Epcot and probably Magic Kingdom. Space Center, Gatorland, Sea World, Busch Gardens, etc.
We originally wanted to go to Bermuda. When we told the travel agent our budget she told us we would get as far as Florida.
Those were the days!

We honeymooned in St Martin . Went back on a cruise but the hotel we stayed at was hit by a hurricane and they never rebuild it. Some of the buildings were standing and the beach was still there. Mallot Bay .

My husband’s wedding ring may also be somewhere in the water at Orient Beach .
Stayed at Mullet Bay Hotel 3 times. Loved it, the best! First time with my parents in ‘73 and twice with my DH in the early ‘80s.

Oh, we were at Orient Beach, too.

Last edited:
We were living in San Francisco but came "home" to southern Maine to get married. We spent a long weekend in Bar Harbor for our honeymoon. Being as we now live outside of Bangor, ME, and I worked in Bar Harbor for over two years, I'd say yes, I've been back to the place we honeymooned!

Actually, our first real date was in Bar Harbor. I met DH while we were both grad students at UMaine. Our first date was out to Bar Harbor to drive up Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park to see the sunrise on the summer solstice!

Spent 1 week in WDW in 1981, so only Magic Kingdom was open. We also spent 1 week in Puerto Rico, which was wonderfully relaxing. We’ve been back to WDW but not Puerto Rico, not sure why we haven’t been back.

We honeymooned in Hawaii and stayed on 3 different islands -Oahu, Maui, and the Big Island. We visited again but went on a cruise so only stayed at the same hotel in Oahu and saw some of the same things but visited things we did not see the first time and also got to Kauai.

We did a western Caribbean cruise for our Honeymoon on the Grand Princess. We have been on other cruises but no others to the Western Caribbean. We went to Alaska for our 15th on the sister ship to the one we honeymooned on.

We were Engaged in Bermuda and we have been there one other time (our 5th anniv) since then on a different ship (the one we went on isn't around anymore, sold to another line then scrapped in 2022)

We are going to cruise to Bermuda again in 43 days. (20 1/2 years, LOL)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter