Have to stay off site! Ramada?

bsjs0708

DIS Veteran
Ok mousekatEARs..I have to stay off site since this trip is kind of not planned..money,bills, mortgage..blah,blah,.. Anyways, has anyone stayed at the Ramada Inn north on Harbor? It looks like its a little over 1/2 mile away. My main concern is cleanliness and comfort...
Last time we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and I realize there is no comparison but I don't want to stay in a run down,dirty hotel either.. Any input is GREATLY appreciated....TIA-Julie

Is that one in the same lot as the Coco's? (I think it was Coco's), if so then it's fine but nothing great. The walkways are loud and we were often woken by people walking by the room, the staff was friendly enough, the room was clean enough but we actually slept with the door completely bolted and a chair in front of it because the area around the hotel seemed a little sketchy. Nothing happened but we just felt we weren't as safe as we might have been at other hotels. There was also a large gap around the door area, the door didn't fit the frame and there was no weather stripping to fill it in, that was part of the reason it was so loud. There were apartments behind the hotel (we were in a room at the very back) that our door faced so we heard a lot of the noise that was going on there. We did ask to move but it was Thanksgiving and they were full.

Well,thanks so much for the reply . However I hope it's not the same hotel cause your post didn't make me feel any better ( lol) :rolleyes:

There is a Ramada PLAZA on Katella right next to Hotel Indigo and Super 8 that seems popular , there is a Ramada MAINGATE that others seem to shy away from. Trip advisor is a good resource or search some posts here too.

Good luck.

We like desert inn and suites and Tropicana which are right across the entrance. Cheaptickets.com often has a 20% off code on their site.

PinkBudgie said:
We've stayed at the Candy Cane Inn the past 7 trips or so and love it!

I second this! CCI is my first choice! We have stayed there at least 10 times and have never had a complaint. Second choice is Castle Inn.
We stayed at the Ramada Main gate and it was just OK. I would not stay there again. Not sure if that's the Ramada that you are looking at.

Well,thanks so much for the reply . However I hope it's not the same hotel cause your post didn't make me feel any better ( lol) :rolleyes:

sorry, it may not be the same, it was like 3 years ago so I don't remember exactly. I felt like it would have been better if we had been at the front of the hotel, facing the lot, but since we were in the back it was weird. We were able to see the fireworks from there though. ;)

We've stayed at the Candy Cane Inn the past 7 trips or so and love it!

CCI is great, we liked it there quite a bit. We've also stayed at the HoJo with the Retro rate and loved it, the Anaheim Plaza is a bit dated but close and we had no issues there, we also stayed at the Red Lion and walked to the Toy Story lot and caught the shuttle to the parks (I asked a CM and they said it was totally acceptable and they like it when the AP holders didn't take up parking spots lol). I have also stayed at the Super 8 on Ball (?), it was nice enough too, it's the one on the top left of that map I posted below.

Thanks, everyone for the replies.Im off wirk tomorrow so I going to spend some time looking into Candy Cane..

We stayed at the Tropicana for a week last November. Clean rooms with a microwave, fridge and a safe. The beds were comfortable and the outside noise was minimal.

They also have a small convenience store on site with a fairly good coffee bar in it.

The only thing lacking is the free breakfast. Generic doughnuts and pastries, juice, milk and coffee.

We liked it enough that we are staying there again in March.

Nice and close too. 5 Minute walk to the gates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter