Have to make dining reservations soon - need advice

Disneychick75

DIS Veteran
Hi y'all, my husband and I are bringing our 2 grandsons to WDW. They're ages 8 and 10 and neither are into princesses. Both boys like traditional foods and we're on the DDP so need help choosing table service and quick service meal restaurant suggestions. We're also staying at the Contemporary so I'm going to book a reservation for Chef Mickey's one evening. We used to go to WDW a few times a year but except for a quick trip in November, we haven't been in 8 years! I'd really appreciate y'all's help. Thanks so much!

Do they like dinosaurs? T. Rex cafe in DS would be good for that. Garden Grill in Epcot is good 1 TS character dining with Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale. Crystal Palace is another 1 TS character dining at MK. It’s a buffet with Pooh characters.

Sci Fi Diner in HS is neat experience. The Docking Bay 7 at Galaxy Edge is a great use of QS credit. Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge is fun. Boma at AKL is good. Teppan Edo the hibachi restaurant at Epcot. Liberty Tree Tavern at MK is basically Thanksgiving dinner.

Do they like dinosaurs? T. Rex cafe in DS would be good for that. Garden Grill in Epcot is good 1 TS character dining with Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale. Crystal Palace is another 1 TS character dining at MK. It’s a buffet with Pooh characters.

Sci Fi Diner in HS is neat experience. The Docking Bay 7 at Galaxy Edge is a great use of QS credit. Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge is fun. Boma at AKL is good. Teppan Edo the hibachi restaurant at Epcot. Liberty Tree Tavern at MK is basically Thanksgiving dinner.
Great suggestions, thank you. I had completely forgotten about the T. Rex Cafe - the boys would love it!
I'm copying and pasting your suggestions into my notes app so that when my reservation day rools around, I can try to book these. Again, thanks so much!

Skipper's Cantina at MK has waitstaff that do the corny jokes like the jungle cruise.
Hoop de doo is a fun dinner show at Ft. Wilderness that kids can participate in and have fun.
'50's Prime time at DHS is a trip back in time and the waitstaff will have fun with your group or Woody's round up (have not personally tried yet}
Teppan edo at EP in the Japanese Hibachi place where they cook in front of you like a show. The food is pretty straight forward as well

Such great ages to take you grands. Have fun

I have a boy around your DGS ages and he loves TRex, rainforest cafe, chef mickeys, Sci fi, woodys roundup, whispering canyon, Ohana for breakfast, coral reef and cosmic rays for Sonny Eclipse. I know most of these were mentioned, and my son loves them too so they’re probably safe bets.

When my son was that age (he is now 15) I always looked at the kids menus at each place to see what variety they had. My son is not and was not a picky eater. I didn't want to book lunch and dinner and his only options were they exact same.

We've never done the dining plan and I agree with the suggestions you already have. Other places we've eaten over the years that we've enjoyed: Beaches and Cream, Regal Eagle Smokehouse and San Angel Inn

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I'm adding them to my notes. Galaxy Edge, Woody's Round Up, Regal Eagle Smokehouse, and Skipper's Cantina are restaurants I had not heard of before this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter